• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Roller off eBay £148 all in, unfortunately both left hand side drive shafts are slightly bent.

Also the front diff housing has a screw that has rounded the plastic out.

I saw from the photos the battery tray was broken but that's not too bad, I could deal with that. Have asked for a partial refund of the amount that it cost for the 2nd hand shafts described below.

Edit: Seller has offered to refund £20 and told me not to message him again once that's done. Nice guy... I'll take it and have this as a project.

All I want is for people to be honest in their listings.

Driveshafts on order from the states, picked up 4 CVD's for £24 as they are slightly used (see what condition they are in when they arrive)

Low funds means no motor and ESC for now, best start saving :)

IMG_20160707_073036_zpsurtf5vk6.jpg

Edited by ostewart

My Quicrun 150A has arrived ...... and it's now been joined by a 1700Kv 4076 4 pole black can motor.

Now I have a dilemma....

Do I run the existing Quicrun 2000Kv motor, or do I swap it out for the 1700. After much discussion in my gearing thread, the 2000Kv is on a 13T pinion, abd the 1700 would go on a 15T pinion. I have both....but running on 4S, I can't decide which is better.

I have decided to have a go at making my own Cap pack ( 4 220uF caps for £3 and a bit of wire and heat shrink ). I was going to buy AJ's one, but after further advice, it's too much for my setup.

I returned home today to find a Quicrun 60a/3800kv combo and a set of outdrives. All will be going in "The Project".................................................

• Like 1

3 pairs of headphones to review from 1MORE,

1 pair of Bluetooth over ears

1 pair of Bluetooth in-ears

1 pair of dual driver hybrid in ears...

Still got others to do before I review these, getting behind as it's hard juggling RC, girlfriend and headphone reviewing when you also have a full time job...

On 7/7/2016 at 07:39, ostewart said:

Roller off eBay £148 all in, unfortunately both left hand side drive shafts are slightly bent.

Also the front diff housing has a screw that has rounded the plastic out.

I saw from the photos the battery tray was broken but that's not too bad, I could deal with that. Have asked for a partial refund of the amount that it cost for the 2nd hand shafts described below.

Edit: Seller has offered to refund £20 and told me not to message him again once that's done. Nice guy... I'll take it and have this as a project.

All I want is for people to be honest in their listings.

Driveshafts on order from the states, picked up 4 CVD's for £24 as they are slightly used (see what condition they are in when they arrive)

Low funds means no motor and ESC for now, best start saving :)

IMG_20160707_073036_zpsurtf5vk6.jpg

How was it described?  If perfect and as new i'd be miffed, but if described as used then I don't see slightly bent driveshafts being an issue - had they been visibly markedly bent outta shape and not noted / pictured then that would be a different matter.  Similarly I wouldn't expect a seller to go through every screw for fastness etc but again depends on the listing.  

28207803526_9cff2736a6_o.jpg

Got these today, stocking up whilst the ebay breakers are stripping the outgoing Hyper MT's.  One of them has a mark, likely where someone slipped with the screwdriver but i'll let it slide.

1 hour ago, El Dougo said:

I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for but decided this was worth a punt.  Only £22 delivered from amazon.

20160711_171043.jpg

47 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

l

let us know how it gets on frlla,i had my eye on one of these but steerd aclear in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay china about £13, £17 from UK.  I've used three now, all without issue.  A guy at our club runs a 6.5t in his BZ444 4WD and it lasted a good half a season before randomly giving up the ghost.  He did blow two fans on his and his little un's so runs his esc fan now via a separate BEC.  I've not had that bother personally.

There not clones of the hobbywing but run the same firmware so you can program them with the hobbywing LCD box.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, capri-boy said:

How was it described?  If perfect and as new i'd be miffed, but if described as used then I don't see slightly bent driveshafts being an issue - had they been visibly markedly bent outta shape and not noted / pictured then that would be a different matter.  Similarly I wouldn't expect a seller to go through every screw for fastness etc but again depends on the listing.  

28207803526_9cff2736a6_o.jpg

Got these today, stocking up whilst the ebay breakers are stripping the outgoing Hyper MT's.  One of them has a mark, likely where someone slipped with the screwdriver but i'll let it slide.

Only thing it said about the condition is bought new in march,

He then said "good condition with metal 45t spur"

That's it, also the metal spur has a nice little chunk missing from one of the teeth.