• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Wasn't expecting these to turn up today but they're here!

IMG_20220827_115052.thumb.jpg.744cc584cc927c44628ca7bf55fab5e9.jpg

New esc/motor Combo for the Slash and some AKA Impacts to try with the 17mm adaptors I fitted the other day. Went for a bit of a higher Kv than the VXL 3s system it's replacing but hoping the extra torque from it being 4 pole will make up for it. Really surprised at how much extra stuff you get in the box. Looks like there's a spare fan, spare capacitor bank, a mounting plate of some kind, bits of heatshrink, double sided tape.... Really impressed! Will stick some photos up when I get it fitted later on 🙂

Edited by ReggieC

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Busy weekend by the looks of it :good:

Mate, I love it. Even if I didn’t break them with every outing I’d find another reason to take them apart 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hmmm. I may try the GPM Wide Axles with my Wide X Maxx kit….

Yea, they have even wider ones (24mm) - tho they are not from hardened steel 🙂 lets see how they will compare to stock aluminum ones.

image.thumb.png.def9940e2517a561cb32d50720f772be.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Arrived a day early…

3-E0094-FA-F5-AE-4-E14-A9-D8-300-D7540-D

But it was no Tamiya :lol: 

2-B17315-D-B675-4185-B06-F-1-BD743618148

Massive thanks to Modelsport / @Nick :good: 

Awesome! Think about ordering hobbywing ESC and stronger servo - these are a must first upgrades/fixes for xmaxx 🙂 !

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Max6 is definitely a must, since the VXL will go pop (will, not might). 

Stock servo is completely fine. I'm running the stock servo now for over two years and it does the job just fine, it's an upgrade as you break item. I would order the servo adapter though, just to have it ready if/when the servo lets go (only drop in upgrade is the 2085X, which is garbage). Since its an aliexpress item (if you want the alloy mount/adapter), it takes weeks to arrive, and it's cheap (around a tenner) - might as well order one and throw it in the spares pile. 

Also important to note, the stock receiver only takes 6v - so if you go for a Max6 and a new decent servo, you probably also need to throw your main radio at it unless you want to run the servo at 6v. 

Otherwise, congratulation. Best RC on the market, imho.

• Like 1

Ive personally NEVER had a Traxxas X Maxx ESC give up. They dont necessarily fail anymore, they just seem programmed to sap performance.  I only suggest people upgrade asap because you can sell a brand new take off VXL8S for £80ish and a Max 6 is only £125, so for a £45 upgrade its a no brainer. . I also do it as running XT90s, I can buy a Max 6 with XT90s, so I dont even have to bother changing/buying connectors. That said, you appear to have gone the whole Traxxas ID system, so maybe staying stock is what you want.

Change to an aftermarket spur/pinion (20/46, hardened from say GDS) and theres not much else you need to do, presuming this is the ‘v3’ with the bigger bearing hubs. Either way, theyre absolutely incredible 

Edited by Kpowell911