• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

11 minutes ago, t2boats said:

Got 2 new sets of trailing arms for the Outlaw, it's now repaired and all cushty once again :D

Are you keeping the stock plastic mounting blocks? I thought about alloy ones but decided it was better to replace cheap,plastic ones if need be. I'm going to order some spare blocks just in case.

John

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

Are you keeping the stock plastic mounting blocks? I thought about alloy ones but decided it was better to replace cheap,plastic ones if need be. I'm going to order some spare blocks just in case.

John

Yep, kept all that plastic parts, I like a breaking point with a cheap repair rather than a more expensive ali parts that bends - and can't be straightened as it loses its strength then.. anyway, it's fixed now and it's now YouTube doing something :D

Brilliant :good:  my sons Mini Monster Baja still works well to this day (except the esc which died after a few days). I've replaced a few servos in it life too, it's due another actually which I haven't got around to doing yet..

• Like 1

Marine grease! Gona try it on the diff rings, should stick a bit better with less "sling" around the inside of the diff casing.....supposedly!

A sheet of rubber that is too flexible for the intended purpose and some sticky backed neoprene which is exactly fit for purpose.

Some blokes from Bradford brought a potting shed too, then listened to an 'everything you need to know about buying a used E46 six cylinder petrol' speech by me. Nearly sold the bloke my car, but thought better of it...:xd:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

Nice new set of lathe tools. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't normally buy a whole set but it was cheaper to buy the set instead of just the ones I really wanted plus get a nice box to keep them in. :D

John

LatheTools.jpg

Nice.

Can you machine the short end on one of these so it's smoothed longer? If you know what I mean.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-Ball-Screw-SFU1605-L500mm-Ballscrew-with-Single-Ballnut-End-Machined-CNC-NEW-/201674782575?hash=item2ef4c0f76f:g:EGAAAOSw4CFYrA~U

Or is it only a small lathe?

Daz.

Postie brought me a load of lexan and some more stickers.

A couple of weeks ago I heard my local hobby shop was having a closing down sale after around 24/25 years in business, and today was the day they had a 20% blanket sale, as tempting as the Phantom 4 was and even the Losi MTXL, I decided to just be sensible, buying something I've had my eye on for a while, from a brand I've wanted to 'join' for a while and bought myself a Tamiya Grasshopper :) I also wanted a kit to build over an RTR and the main things were either this or a Tamiya wagon, but again, I went sensible.

DSC_4205_zpsauqgmegt.jpg

• Like 2