• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Thanks. Ordered it.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

another stand for one of my chargers.  a max 5 esc  not a clue what im doing with it yet.  and finally got myself a hyper gt EP  i have wanted one since it was released  but it might just sit on a shelf looking nice.  and a 24v 1150w  psu  for one of my big hyperion chargers. 

IMG_0174_zpsqh6asi4o.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsvmj3vwm7.jpg

IMG_0177_zpsj3ik0dln.jpg

IMG_0178_zpsryxs2hbb.jpg

Daylight Task Lamp and a couple of Quicrun 1060s

With the dark evenings coming on decided this year I'll treat myself to a proper high intensity daylight LED task lamp instead of making do with a regular table or spot lamp. Variable light output and it's very bright and will illuminate the entire worktop evenly with no glare. Only downside is I could have bought another CC-01 kit for the same price.  :rolleyes:

John

TaskLamp_zpsgsen25sj.jpg

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Daylight Task Lamp and a couple of Quicrun 1060s

With the dark evenings coming on decided this year I'll treat myself to a proper high intensity daylight LED task lamp instead of making do with a regular table or spot lamp. Variable light output and it's very bright and will illuminate the entire worktop evenly with no glare. Only downside is I could have bought another CC-01 kit for the same price.  :rolleyes:

John

TaskLamp_zpsgsen25sj.jpg

is the lamp really like natural light as i have wanted a proper light for a while now  but i didn't fancy paying over the top on a dud.  lol

27 minutes ago, turok007 said:

is the lamp really like natural light as i have wanted a proper light for a while now  but i didn't fancy paying over the top on a dud.  lol

Haven't had time to try it out properly yet but first impressions are yes it does seem like natural daylight. Apparently it's very popular with miniature figure painters as well as modellers. I'm impressed by the lack of glare and it seems ro be really easy on the eyes. Just have to move the big desk out now and mount the base on the back instead of the side. There is an older version with 3 flourescent tubes that looks very similar but not as good.

I am planning on going a review of it in a week or two. BTW it was just over 100 quid.

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Haven't had time to try it out properly yet but first impressions are yes it does seem like natural daylight. Apparently it's very popular with miniature figure painters as well as modellers. I'm impressed by the lack of glare and it seems ro be really easy on the eyes. Just have to move the big desk out now and mount the base on the back instead of the side. There is an older version with 3 flourescent tubes that looks very similar but not as good.

I am planning on going a review of it in a week or two. BTW it was just over 100 quid.

John

cheers for that.  also do you have a link as i could only find it for £130 odd

4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

cheers for that.  also do you have a link as i could only find it for £130 odd

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XTUCIW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bit cheaper if not using Prime delivery.

.           John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I got another one of these as I was really impressed with the first one 

33ECA504-0378-416F-A205-E0A8171EA47B_zps

ordered last Monday came today so that's good going from China don't you think ? 

Cool :) 

I still can't decide on either the 2200 or 2650 for the buggy conversion. The 2650 will be quick on 4s but the 2200 gives you the option of 6s madness.

So confused :@.@: Helllpp! :lol:

43 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XTUCIW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bit cheaper if not using Prime delivery.

.           John

just ordered it.  for a grand total of £10.08    i had to rejoin amazon as i forgot my log in details.  but as i was paying for it i remembered i had £100 in vouchers.  when the kids got one for crimbo i would just give them the cash.  so i had 10 in total.  lucky the vouchers last £10 years.  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

just ordered it.  for a grand total of £10.08    i had to rejoin amazon as i forgot my log in details.  but as i was paying for it i remembered i had £100 in vouchers.  when the kids got one for crimbo i would just give them the cash.  so i had 10 in total.  lucky the vouchers last £10 years.  lol

You're now officially jammy beggar of the week.  :P

.               John

• Like 2

12 hours ago, atom3624 said:

A pair of wheels and some rod ends - 2 different 'projects' ....  :good:

X-20160930%20MTXL%20Wheels%20%20Ends_zps

Need to spend some time, but I'm going to remove the inserts and see if they're OK without - considering the truck they're going onto is just over half the weight.

Al.

Losi mt xl wheels ? they are wonderfully huge. 

Edited by Leeb
  • Like 1

I'm really not sure what I'm going to use it for at the moment and the decision is further complicated by my unfinished GT2 that was going to get some light use.  My favorite 2s combo is the Hobbywing V2.1 120amp with a 5800 5.5t, probably too much for the Tamiya but would be awesome fun.

20161003_172458.jpg

I have broken the seal so time will tell :D

20161003_174614.jpg

Edited by El Dougo
  • Like 1