• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

argue over type of fuel

albert

lol *bows down to sea118*

yeah he does know his stuff when it comes to nitro

anyway was this topic setup just to make people argue, or was there ment to be a result, becasue end of the day everyone have different opinions.

i like my modeltechnics, mainly cause its the only fuel i can get, my modelshop talks crap too, i told my dad to get 20% for my .25 and they said it will kill it, so gave us 16%......

modeltechnics is good for breaking in, as its lube content is 16% i think, which is more than the usual 11% i think :D

my car still rockets with it though, in fact, i cant imagine it going much faster......

Tornado for me. :D

Although I havent had my MT2 long enough to become experienced with nitro fuels one thing I do know is that people should stick with a fuel that works for them and their car. I hadnt used any before when I got the MT so I went by the suggestions on this forum.

One thing I will say is that forums tend to have the best knowledge because the people on them have and use RC cars (in this case) so will know their stuff.

Just because people work in shops it doesnt mean they know anything about what they're selling.

IMO anyway :D

Sorry to hijack this thred but as its about fuel i think its o.k when my hyper 7 comes will it be o.k to use the same fuel as i do in my touring car or does a buggy which has a bigger engine going to need some different fuel.At the minute i use model technics 16 in my car ?

Cheers bigsi

The hyper has got a .28 engine in it would it be better to go up in fuel % or stick with the 16

Sorry for this it will proberly say in the de-structions when i get the car just wanted to see what other people thought

cheers

bigsi

The recomended for engines is

.12 16% and LOWER

.15 16 / 20

.18 16 to 25

.21 20 to 25

.25 20 - 30

.28 25 to 30

.31/32 30

Thats the norm :)

Less nitro = less performance

More nitro = Higher performance, and in causes faster wear on the liner

Ziggy

most renew engines or rebuild their current engine every year anyway

Not to sure about doing this only going to be using it for messing around and bashing

Cheers for all the info

Bigsi :good: