• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

argue over type of fuel

albert

hello people my mate has a brand new savage 25 i told hime to put tornado 20% in it but when he and his dad when to a model shop the bloke said dont use it as its crap and it will burn your pistons out he said i have 2 savages in my shop now with the same problem burnt out pistons because of the tornado fuel so my mate told me the bloke out off the shop gave him the model technics fuel 20 % he said use that you will have no problem so what do you guys think i my self would use tornado fuel 20%

i use modelteckniks because its all i can really get but when i did use tornado in my t15 it was fine and ran allot cleaner. most of the time lhs's just talk crap anyway.

25% tornado in my savvy for about 4 months no probs at all and it moves like its ass is on fire!

loads of people use tornado,its a good fuel and I agree with 300ZXZ31, my lhs don't half talk some rubbish awell. I take the advice from msuk members over my lhs anyday

Haha that man dont know what he's talking about. Tornado is brilliant fuel, model technics is the crap fuel.

Model technics makes ur car have a dodgey idle, overheat, lower engine life

tornado is a better mix of nitromethane and synthetic oil compared to model-tec fuel

the burnt pistons is from exsecive heat this could be two things

1. engine had it before the tornado was used

2. they over tuned the lsn this will and has blackened some of my irvine plane nitros when throwing a 10/9 prop an witha top out at 38,000 rpm

tell him to use tornado mate i swear buy the stuf an you seen how hard my nitros get driven, no pansy warming up sessions just straight to the nity grity fuel guzzling hi revs and perfect tuning

most lhs will try sell the techniks rubbish because for one they make good money on it unlike o'donnels or tornado that is aimed for the nitro racer and peoplethat what that extra go in fuel

techniks runs with alot of oil this causes the iffy idle rates and over heating. it is best used in planes where the idle does not need to be perfect and heat is not a problem because of the air forced around and past the head from the wind produced from the prop and speed the plane travels at

be fair guys the local hobby store is trying its best :P some do give shady advice but may also give good advice so dont throw all the knowledge from a hobby store in the bin like us oldies say there aint no fire without smoke first :)

TC

• 1 year later...

Tornado 20% all the way.. talk about speed.... my car goes straight to top speed right from the word go. i advise all to go for tornado 20%.

Mr. Bass Man

Brass Man PLEASE dont keep bringing up old topics :)

Its VERY iritating...

But i've used tornado for all 4 of my engines lifes :)

I kiled all of them due to poor tuning and ill treating them...

Ziggy

ODs would kick tornado's ass in a proper fight :P

im going to Run my Hyper in March on O'Donnells Cause it sounds like good fuel like Tornado :)

Ziggy

I'm with Samari.

No fuel on the market will damage your engine. Some engines "like" some fuels better than others, and some people likewise.

I don't believe model technics is a bad fuel but I also don't believe it's the best available either because I haven't tried all the rest.

In fact I haven't tried any in 20 years LOL but I did USED to use model technics once upon a time (In fact I can remember it being the new thing on the market LOL) and put many gallons through several engines without ANY problems at all!

In fact I have only once killed a nitro engine, and that was running "screaming hot and lean" and I turned it over into a snowdrift... instant seizure.

In EVERY other instance, the engines were running perfectly without problems when sold, each one having many gallons of MT through it.

Your LHS on the other hand... well.... My first question would be "did he have any other fuel on the shelf?" because if not..... I'd suspect he was just trying to sell you what he had.

And as for the two other models in for repair, I'll BET he told the owners they'd run them too lean and overheated them!!

If it was the fuel I'd expect a lubrication, bearings or scored piston and liner problem, not a burned piston.

Edited by allan1010

hello people my mate has a brand new savage 25 i told hime to put tornado 20% in it but when he and his dad when to a model shop the bloke said dont use it as its crap and it will burn your pistons out he said i have 2 savages in my shop now with the same problem burnt out pistons because of the tornado fuel so my mate told me the bloke out off the shop gave him the model technics fuel 20 % he said use that you will have no problem so what do you guys think i my self would use tornado fuel 20%

What a load of $&^!T :angry:

Model Technics is for planes

I dont know many savages that fly rofl

Someone should set up a thread of 'Discraced' LHS's ;)

Savage/HPI engines like tornado fuel, unlike revo's. I mean u could put od's in and it will be fine,but tornado does not cause engine problems i dont undertand why people keep saying this, i ran 25% tornado in my T-15 and it worked fine nothing broke on that.

I think LHS just talk balls all the time. just read this forum cos everything on here has helped me and i have no problems.

Orion Fuel aint bad either actually :)

its not quiet as good as Tornado buts alot better then Model Techniks

I ran it in a .18 at 25% :)

Boy does it kill my diffs ...

Ziggy

MTs is NOT for planes, some types are, but others arent. big bang for instance is for MTs and the likes ;)

basically stick to these rules, im sure many will agree:

ODs will run in just about anything

Tornado's isnt favoured by small blocks (maybe thats why ziggy blew engines ;)) but runs fine in big blocks as small blocks run alot hotter than big blocks, and tornado's doesnt run quite as cool as ODs

Byrons is basically the same as ODs

anything else is useable, the 3 above are the most expensive i have found other than run in fuel which is just total [CENSORED] tbh. nothing will kill you're engine unless it has lower than 8% oil, then you may just get premature wear. and anything other than the top 3 is budget fuel, like budget servo's and budget computer parts for example, it all works just not as good as the dearer stuff ;)

obviously there are rules about nitro content for engine size but thats another matter and basically down to preferance same as fuels unless you run a .12 on 25% then you will have troubles

now stop bickering cos you're all annoying me and its spoiling the forum! B)