• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Centaur/RGT Pro runner 1/10th scale Trail crawler RTR

Starting a thread for the above models both the same truck,

Very high spec including Dig, 2WD/4WD, clipless body mount, and magnetic light cable connector, has 550 35 turn motor Hobbywing 1060 esc 25kg steering servo plus 25kg winch fitted. 2 speed transmission, beadlock wheels, available in Red or Blue with Matt Black roof and the RGT is also available in a very nice Green with Matt black roof, i have this one on order and with luck may be here in 5-10 days, i would of ordered from UK but really like the Green.

Will post up more once the truck has arrived, if you already have one please post up on here, some stock images below just to get things started

pro runner.JPG

RGT 2.JPG

RGT 3.JPG

RGT.JPG

• Like 1

I dont understand why you would have 2wd with this, it must be a by product of the dig system thinking about it and they have called it a feature?

Edited by wolfie1

2 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

I dont understand why you would have 2wd with this, it must be for the dog system thinking about it

Yeah the 2WD i believe is FWD, like you this is one feature im not sure about but it may prove decent in high gear trail running, im guessing the 1:1 2021 Bronco is this set up

8 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Yeah the 2WD i believe is FWD, like you this is one feature im not sure about but it may prove decent in high gear trail running, im guessing the 1:1 2021 Bronco is this set up

Will be interesting to see how it fairs thats for sure

• Like 1

ordered a set of roof bars hopefully will be here soon after the new truck which might be with me by end of week, i think these bars look rather scale as to what might be fitted to the 1:1 Bronco

roof bars.JPG

• Like 2

My pro runner arrived in Uk March 24 but tracking is saying its still in customs clearing turns out tomr bought the FTX from Modelsport, overall very impressed with it but says body feels a little "flimsy" in places but seems well made and a nice truck

20 minutes ago, stretch said:

Looks the danglies that mate look forward to the running video and thoughts.

I already think i have a new favourite rig, this is just so nice RGT/FTX have come a looong way since the early stuff, i think watch out Traxxas RHT are out to topple your crown

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I already think i have a new favourite rig, this is just so nice RGT/FTX have come a looong way since the early stuff, i think watch out Traxxas RHT are out to topple your crown

Agreed that's a lot of kit for your money, love the fact it comes with working winch. Ftx seem to have pulled it out of the bag with this one.

• Like 3

It's an FTX Centaur (Ford Bronco).

First thing I did was peel all the stickers off  !!!!

eta:

FTX supply a Green Body-Shell as a spare part in the UK.

But green is only RGT imports atm 

Maybe FTX will eventually release this in green in the UK, via CML Distribution, in the future 🤔

Edited by abyd
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, abyd said:

It's an FTX Centaur (Ford Bronco).

First thing I did was peel all the stickers off  !!!!

eta:

FTX supply a Green Body-Shell as a spare part in the UK.

But green is only RGT imports atm 

Maybe FTX will eventually release this in green in the UK, via CML Distribution, in the future 🤔

Nice just back from first run with my Green one, you will love it video very soon and kinda feel its one of my best video`s

54 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Well here is my first pro runner video, slap the headphones on and turn it up as its a real nice backing tune then at very end you hear what the truck sounds like, pleased with this video 

Hows the front wheel drive mode?

• Like 2

I can only guess that the turning circle would be tighter in 2WD and maybe it would use less battery, incidentally in this pic you can see the home made battery i am using with this truck as it seems just perfect its a Li-Ion 26650 size 2S 4200mah i have a pair of these i made a while back, you can take them down lower than a lipo and so get longer run time out of them plus its less weight than a lipo

4200 Li-ion.JPG

• Like 1