• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

i wont be cutting the back window, it would look like a 5yr old had done it with a penknife if i did, but might look at rear lights, i dont see me getting to run mine till next weekend as im away for a few days to visit my Bro in south wales

That’s exactly why I’m not going to do it 🤣 when just the body's are available I might get one to give it a go 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steephill said:

IMG_20230703_144933

Done a few bits to the K5. 

Brass  cranked lower arms. 

Injora brass portal covers and shocks. 

The shocks feel pretty good. Definitely a lot smoother than the stock shocks. 

Fitting parts to these is addictive and should pay of

• Like 2

@steephill looks great mate :good:

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

looking good, looking very like mine, hoping to run mine after work tomorrow so might get a little video of it in action

Wolfly looking forward seeing your 1 in action mate :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some fine looking trucks indeed.

so i managed a couple of hours on my power wagon, managed to squeeze in all the electrics, the battery wouldn’t fit into the tray so i made my own, it might not be the neatest but it now runs better electrics. Just need to make up a charge lead for the lipo and we should be good to go!!

has anyone noticed the axle slop with the stock upper links and does the brass 4 links get rid of it??

pics to follow….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Gaz! I've got the treal lwb kit for my power wagon. Aluminium links upper and lower, there's a lot less slop over stock. I checked them compared to my Trx4m with injora stainless links and they have none. I did expect a bit better from treal. The K5 has only brass lower links so still quite a bit of axle slop. 

• Like 3

On 05/07/2023 at 14:59, steephill said:

@Gaz! I've got the treal lwb kit for my power wagon. Aluminium links upper and lower, there's a lot less slop over stock. I checked them compared to my Trx4m with injora stainless links and they have none. I did expect a bit better from treal. The K5 has only brass lower links so still quite a bit of axle slop. 

Thank you very much.

not just me then…. I too compared it to my Trx4m with Injora stainless steel links, that has no play either. I still cant fathom out why it was acceptable to have that much slop, that would be too much on a 1/10 th scale, never mind 1/18th…

test drive today…. Ill get some more pics. :good:

Pics of the electrics i fitted to the power wagon,

IMG-2479.jpg

IMG-2480.jpg

IMG-2478.jpg

IMG-2482.jpg

IMG-2483.jpg

IMG-2481.jpg

• Like 2

Had the little K5 out for its first run (video in the video section) little truck did well for its size though i do feel the power wagon probable has best performance, but K5 has full scale looks, i still feel 1/24 or 1/18th is a bit small for outdoor work but i wont ever have a garden course

Capture.JPG

K5 harden moor.JPG

• Like 2

@Lone-wolf, seriously mate, the power wagon in stock form spends most of its time playing turtle!!

I have done a video but cannot seem to upload it…

first run was terrible, it had 30 attempts at the same bit of course and managed it twice, it rolled so many times that the rear of the cage doesnt hold very well now, the tyres have very little grip also, the wheelbase is incredibly short which can help but also hinder, on a descent the rear end came over the front far too easily.

i think personally you made the right choice with the blazer. :good:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

@Lone-wolf, seriously mate, the power wagon in stock form spends most of its time playing turtle!!

I have done a video but cannot seem to upload it…

first run was terrible, it had 30 attempts at the same bit of course and managed it twice, it rolled so many times that the rear of the cage doesnt hold very well now, the tyres have very little grip also, the wheelbase is incredibly short which can help but also hinder, on a descent the rear end came over the front far too easily.

i think personally you made the right choice with the blazer. :good:

You may well be right, keeping in mind my Blazer has all the mods done with a lot of weight down low i guess it did pretty good and i was running it where i would run a 1/10, i came home thinking i might end up moving it on but dont see that happening now, just need to run it on a spot more suited to its size

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did a new edit from the maiden run with K5 Blazer this time with a classic tune rather than cheesy engine sound that did not work ha ha, still not super happy with the shocks, they are okay but not great so keeping options open on that

• Like 2

On 20/07/2023 at 17:32, Davy Crockett said:

Picked up a K5 Blazer from a fellow inmate 🤣

Has a few upgraded bits and some more may find their way here! 

Added a few decals and some scale bits and really like it 👌 

Looking forward to a run on the mini crawler course 😀 

20230720_172259.thumb.jpg.a190f839ffc4b914243992d6625fce01.jpg

20230720_172341.thumb.jpg.d692f007de6a944c22d1b86599f196eb.jpg

20230720_172314.thumb.jpg.94df6213e02d7eebbcc521eb516808b1.jpg

20230720_172326.thumb.jpg.dd221cc392c3ccc49c9db711a6ea4ffc.jpg

That looks great mate, the more i see the k5 the more i fancy one.

first few small upgrades have arrived although we have some clearance issues with the front shocks now if nothing can be done then i think a blazer body set might be on the cards.

if possible, could someone pop up a pic of the underside of the blazer shell please??

That’s absolutely spot on mate, thank you :good: 

looks like one will go straight on no bother, i am now seriously thinking about doing the blazer, will make the electrics lower and much neater.

i have the same problem with stickers mate, i hear you there…

• Like 2