• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

What goodies are you thinking on getting for it ?

So far im thinking Brass link set, Alloy beadlocks and tyres plus front Brass portal gear covers, want to keep the tyre diameter just a tad larger than stock as 62-65mm will rub in the arches up front so looking at 58mm diameter. I plan on ordering the Injora bits soon so i have them ready, i also have an idea to make a Li-ion battery as stock is only 380mah 2S, so maybe a pack made from a pair of 18450 Li-Ion`s this will be 2S but about 1400mah

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Sounds a plan mate and those Li-Ions should give a really long run time :good:

I am waiting till the little truck is here then see what room i have for a Li-Ion pack, i dont see me getting a bigger Lipo in it so will have to work to battery bay size

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 08:55, Lone-wolf said:

So i placed the Injora order 5mm brass hex`s, Aluminium wheels that i feel look period for this, set of 56mm super swamper clones, brass portal covers for front and a full brass link set

1.0 wheels.JPG

brass portal covers.JPG

You may have a problem with chosen wheels and portal covers together.  Those portal covers will work fine with deep dish/negative offset or wheels with no screws in the back. In other cases they probably will be binding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coda_zac said:

You may have a problem with chosen wheels and portal covers together.  Those portal covers will work fine with deep dish/negative offset or wheels with no screws in the back. In other cases they probably will be binding.

Thanks, i spotted something about this on Facebook, will just have to wait and see, might be a simple fix to swap screws out for button head also i ordered the 5mm long brass hex`s so that may help with clearance

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Smasher V2 incoming, plus I bought some normal sized wheels & tyres from injora, in case i felt like a change from monster trucking.

was tempted by the other fcx24s, but the larger scale put me off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voorsk said:

I've got a Smasher V2 incoming, plus I bought some normal sized wheels & tyres from injora, in case i felt like a change from monster trucking.

was tempted by the other fcx24s, but the larger scale put me off.

Nice, the smasher is a scale little F-150, post some pics with stock and normal wheels mate, im tempted to try and get a smasher body to use on the k5 blazer, i heard they fit straight on

Edited by Lone-wolf

The injora tyres are about 6mm less diameter, but almost half the width! It doesn't change the look as much as I thought it would.

20230517_102911.thumb.jpg.9ebdf03d892ee8edd637afac0357d4c6.jpg

20230517_104331.thumb.jpg.062b335614a895ea33ddd4a2461bdf3e.jpg

Diffs are now locked, and the shocks are oil filled. Feels like a downgrade going to plastic diffs, tho.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, voorsk said:

The injora tyres are about 6mm less diameter, but almost half the width! It doesn't change the look as much as I thought it would.

20230517_102911.thumb.jpg.9ebdf03d892ee8edd637afac0357d4c6.jpg

20230517_104331.thumb.jpg.062b335614a895ea33ddd4a2461bdf3e.jpg

Diffs are now locked, and the shocks are oil filled. Feels like a downgrade going to plastic diffs, tho.

I think you can get metal diff parts from Treal but not gonna be cheap, those tyres look nice on the smasher. My K5 Blazer is delayed next estimated delivery date is June 19th but that may slip again, i am going to order a second mini crawler maybe a hobbyplus trail hunter 1/18th Unimog but also like the FTX outback mini Texan, but that wont be as capable

Decided to put a second small crawler on hold as the K5 should be here in 3-4 weeks, so spent more at Injora, Brass steering link set, Brass rear portal covers, so that's all the Brass I really want to add, also grabbed a set of the new Trekka tyres and set of deep dish ofset wheels

i took the smasher out in the woods this evening. it handled itself pretty well, although it quite likes flipping onto it's roof, and the monster truck tyres don't have a lot of grip. i might have to invest in some extra weight, too.

20230521_202329.thumb.jpg.23464bbd06f1510458129013cd665738.jpg

I need to work out how to video while driving. getting up those mossy rocks was a battle!

• Like 3

The smasher looks good in the woods,

Im still waiting for my k5 its now saying 19th June, but more hop up brass parts on way

@voorsk for video while driving put a phone on a selfie stick drive one handed and hold selfie in other nice and steady, some phones have image stabilised video 

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

The new  wheels and tyres, yes i now have 2 full sets for it, just hope the truck arrives as scheduled, once it does will be plenty f pics showing all the mods and running video 

injora.JPG

Those will sit perfectly fine on a brass portal covers 👍 

PXL_20230528_081435906.jpg

PXL_20230528_081405052.jpg

Edited by coda_zac
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Well, i caved in and bought one…

it was on eBay advertised as a roller without radio gear/esc but otherwise new. Plan is to get it up and running to do some product testing back to back with the Traxxas Trx4m in both stock form and hopped up along the same piece of rockery to which ill do a review thread.

IMG-2469.jpg

IMG-2472.jpg

IMG-2470.jpg

IMG-2471.jpg

Thank for looking. :good:

I’m looking at getting one for them power wagons myself what’s the difference between this and the max smasher other than body and wheels and the £30/40 difference ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I’m looking at getting one for them power wagons myself what’s the difference between this and the max smasher other than body and wheels and the £30/40 difference ?

just body/wheels and price pretty much but i think the smasher comes with both open diffs and some parts to go locked diffs Not allowed to call it the max any more, a naughty company owns the name max

• Haha 2