• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Netflix/Prime/Disney Series recommendations?

Nick

Just now, m4inbrain said:

1200px-Don_Lee_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Big guy. He had quite a few good movies (including The Gangster, the Cop, the Devil). Other good (imho) korean movies are "I saw the Devil" as well as Oldboy (the 2003 release, not the 2013 release), if you enjoy watching korean flicks. 

yeah just googled that name and just found out you was on about Chinese jerry from walking dead 😄 

i thought you was on about the other main character with his daughter.

i have watched them films you have mentioned, i really like the gangster, the cop and the devil and theres another film which is very good called Confession of a murder.

• Like 1

Just now, m4inbrain said:

Indeed, seen it too. Plenty of pearls in the korean movie sea, if you make it past their corny/cringy dramas. 😄

yes i agree, their acting can be very cringey 😄  but and its a big but....their storyline can be VERY good.

we have been watching series after series for the past months.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Never even knew about this one…

The Orville - Disney Plus

If you told me it came from Seth Macfarlane of Family Guy fame and it was a homage to Star Trek i would have no interest at all. I like my Star Trek. I like my Family guy. But Seth doing Star Trek! How can that work?

Surprisingly  well actually! Its far more Star Trek Next Generation that is less stuffy and does not take itself too seriously. But I am finding it pretty dam good. Give it a few episodes.

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Netflix 

The last Kingdom  its brilliant and the Finalle film 7 Kings must die is great 

Also the Witcher thats brilliant as well :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

the main thing on disney plus i watched was new continuation of the bleach anime, they have the orville as well 🙂

prime has 3 seasons of picard the 3rd season is amazing, ignore the first 2 🙂

edit : also try invincible its really good and funny its on prime and has a rating of 8.7 on imdb 🙂  https://www.amazon.co.uk/INVINCIBLE-SEASON-1/dp/B08WJNBTVY

not many things get a rating that high 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon

My household is giving up on all streaming services at the beginning of May, so right now the girlfriend and I are doing our very best and trying our hardest to clear our ''watch list'' before the end of the month.  Having been with Netflix since day 1, it has gone down hill drastically since it first launched, their content I hate to say, I know a number of people, and have friends who make content for Netflix, and I have been an extra for them as well.  So it really pains me how much their content has gone downhill and to the dogs. 

It's not because we're tight Jocks who make copper wire by fighting by over pennies with each other and are so tight that we squeak when we fart, that we are cancelling all our streaming subscriptions at the end of the month, but because of the cost vs quality/content.

Edited by Grogg

6 minutes ago, Grogg said:

My household is giving up on all streaming services at the beginning of May, so right now the girlfriend and I are doing our very best and trying our hardest to clear our ''watch list'' before the end of the month.  Having been with Netflix since day 1, it has gone down hill drastically since it first launched, their content I hate to say, I know a number of people, and have friends who make content for Netflix, and I have been an extra for them as well.  So it really pains me how much their content has gone downhill and to the dogs. 

It's not because we're tight Jocks who make copper wire fighting by over pennies and are so tight that we squeak when we fart, that we are cancelling all our streaming subscriptions at the end of the month, but because of the cost vs quality/content.

yeh netflix is super woke now, i would of cancelled it if it wasnt for my mum and niece, i know how to pirate and i agree that streaming **** is taking the **** 😛

Just now, Yrkoon said:

one ep here on one service and another one on anther service just wtf

That's another of the reasons why we're giving up on all streaming services, I've lost count of the number of TV series we've tried to watch where seasons 1,2, and sometimes 3 are on one streaming platform, but the rest of the TV series is on another subscription service which you have to sign up for if you want to either finish the series, or watch the first few seasons that aren't of the platform you're subscribed to. 

For the amount of TV we watch, it's actually cheaper for us to just buy what we want to watch off of Google Play, rather than sign up to a subscription service.

• Like 1