• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas XRT 8s

Nick

28 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Price sadly is still TBA, would like to know too. I think somewhere between £1150 and £1200 is realistic. If it were more expensive than that, i might have to reconsider - would love an XRT, but not at any price.

Just into your budget. Just!

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/351868/?o=351870

More than I expected I think. Im self employed and Covids put me out of work (so unpaid) at a bad time, and Ive got my tax bill to pay in Jan, so may have to wait this one out, or sell some

Edited by Kpowell911

Yeah, i prefer my rigs unnecessarily heavy and irreparably bent too, with all stuff just bolted to a cheap piece of 6061 for fast turnaround. No design needed, makes for good RCs. 👍

£1200 is the higher end of what i've thought it'd be, but realistically, it's £200 over the Kraton 8s that inevitably requires a buttload of money thrown at it just to prevent it from folding like Liz Truss. Not a problem with the XRT, and if it should snap (which i doubt very much considering what my X-Maxx has been through), you'll just replace one of the three plastic sections.

Still not happy about the VXL8s, but yeah.. Not going to order immediately (RC break until spring), but come spring, come XRT. In orange, unless they bring out a Rock n Roll by then, which i'd prefer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not this plastic ‘discussion’ again surely? 🥱😴

It's funny that the one thing that Traxxas does inarguably better than most RC manufacturers is the one thing "haters" go to first to dump on releases. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

just stating that £1200 for a plastic toy seems a bit excessive to me..!!

But surely, would the materials used matter if it was, A, reliable and strong.  or, B, break into 3 sections making them relatively easy to work on.

plus really can’t deny that the plastic x-maxx isn’t up to the job.

£1200 for a “luxury” nowadays is excessive for whatever you buy, be it Rc, Lego is another popular money pit too and that’s all plastic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

It’s not £1200 the price dropped to £1069 🙂. Got mine preordered 👍

wow! Thats me pleasantly surprised!!

Basically knocked a Max 6 off the price….

Decisions decisions 

Edit:  Saying January 13th now however….

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

wow! Thats me pleasantly surprised!!

Basically knocked a Max 6 off the price….

Decisions decisions 

Edit:  Saying January 13th now however….

You don’t want one of these you want an Arrma outcast exb I’m pretty sure one will be up for sale very soon 😂😂

• Haha 2

Never had an issue with driveline on my X-Maxx - if you stay within reason on the motor side, it holds up just fine. Once you go 800kv coke cans with stupid gearing, then yeah, i'd assume it becomes too weak. But you'll ruin the X-Maxx with that anyway. 

I found the servo in the X-Maxx.. meh. Mine's holding up (2.5 years now), but it certainly leaves the desire for something better. Not necessarily a 80kg ProModeler or something, just something slightly faster/stronger. 

The VXL was okay while it lasted - mine blew up within the first three months of ownership, so yeah. I've been told by other members here that they don't do that anymore, i believe it when i see it. I'd certainly order a Max6 with it. My XRT will run the VXL while it lasts, and then get my MMX8s because i don't have anything else to put it in. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

You don’t want one of these you want an Arrma outcast exb I’m pretty sure one will be up for sale very soon 😂😂

I swore Id never buy an Arrma after the catastrophy that was that so called “EXB”, since then Ive stayed true to that haha

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, norwegiarc said:

Proline will do Cool bodies i Believe

Can you program ESC Settings?  Punch, Dragbrake, and other Parameters ?

Or do i need buy better ESC like Max6 ?

Been reading that many Xmaxx owners first mods are ESC , Servo and some Driveline parts that are weak 

Can i use cool Xmaxx body like this from Proline ?

maxresdefault.jpg.e630457abd570c8dda8fec82b78a49d8.jpg

If you want a truck style just buy an X Maxx?

• Like 1

Buy a widemaxx. 

And no, the X-Maxx shells won't fit, it's an entirely different mounting system, and the exocage on the XTR doesn't look like it'd fit truck shells. 

The X-Maxx is unironically one of the nicest trucks to wrench on, and i've had a few rigs from 1/10 to 1/5. It's nicer to wrench on than any 1/8th Arrma (i had EXB, Typhon 3s and 6s v5 etc), it's nicer to wrench on than my Losis (Tenacity DB Pro and DBXL-E 2.0), the list goes on. 

Don't mistake Arrmas with Traxxas' when it comes to convenience in wrenching. Yeah you gotta take the wheels off, of course. You take the wheels off of any rig that you're wrenching on, from 1/10 crawler to 1/5th desert buggy. I absolutely despised wrenching on my EXB, i actually enjoy it on the X-Maxx. Everything is designed. Of course, there's a few stupid things that can be improved, but in general, there's always an intended way to get your screwdriver into the bolt.

Of course i agree that this shouldn't be the first truck for anyone, get something smaller first - a 23lbs rig going 50mph is going to do severe damage if you're not properly in control, both to people and property. Apart from that, nah. In case of Traxxas rigs, the bigger, the easier to wrench on - and in general, i prefer them over both Arrma and Losi. My Maxx was as nice to wrench on as the X-Maxx (or my multiple TRX4s for that matter, though i only have SSD and RC4WD to compare against). 

You also don't really need to carry them - you can, of course, but at this scale it's not necessary. The X-Maxx has a very convenient "carrying handle", as does the XRT (wheelie bar, very comfortable to carry) - and rigs like the DBXL-E 2.0 i pulled behind me in the end, via string, which you can do with the X-Maxx/XRT (as well as the K8S/O8S) as well. 

In terms of bashers, i disagree - i think the bigger ones absolutely are more fun. My X-Maxx is by far the most fun bashing rig i've owned so far. On the other hand, my DBXL-E 2.0 wasn't that much fun, just inconvenient at all times.