• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Silver can budget rally build off

Cuiken

4 hours ago, Cuiken said:

Yeah, the HPI bodies are fractionally wider. I have one on my XV01 and had to go with fairly extreme offset wheels to fill the wheel arches.

I found that they seem to offer two widths when I was looking at them. They have a 190 mm series, which I think should fit onto a fairly stock Tamiya chassis, and some in a 200 mm width as well. The Subaru seems to come in both sizes so I’d guess you’ve got the wider 200 mm one? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I found that they seem to offer two widths when I was looking at them. They have a 190 mm series, which I think should fit onto a fairly stock Tamiya chassis, and some in a 200 mm width as well. The Subaru seems to come in both sizes so I’d guess you’ve got the wider 200 mm one? 

I hadn't realised that. Seems likely.

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Massive congratulations mate 🎉🎉🎉🎉

1 hour ago, Cuiken said:

I hadn't realised that. Seems likely.

It’s a strange one and possibly just the Quattro body being extra narrow?  All of my other 190mm rally shells fit perfectly on the HPI??

I   ended up ordering a Carisma body that has arrived and seems to fit over the wheels so all good now  👍🏻

738EC276-5635-4B84-A2DE-B931AE7477FC.thumb.jpeg.f7dca82d1b21f7b281c01adc0965f130.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Somehow managed to miss this thread. What a great idea! Got me to thinking🤔…..

I have a TT02 that I’ve only ever really used a few times. Was supposed to be a speed runs project with a stupidly overpowered (for a relatively stock TT02), brushless system in it, but I’ve struggled to find anywhere long enough or flat enough for it to achieve its full potential.image.thumb.jpg.41bd0da96aaed39214fdf94b4c175f09.jpg It only needs to hit a pea sized bit of gravel at 35mph and it’s cartwheeling  down the road before it’s really got going. (I got it to 38mph but that was on a public road on a quiet Sunday morning).60E115F3-DD73-42A5-9C92-7401EC7CA48D.thumb.jpeg.c7e02c33a62681ad59cf0f57d5770570.jpeg
As you can see, (AA battery for scale), it has very little ground clearance in its current form.

There’s a car park across road from me but it needs resurfacing and is covered in a generous dusting of gravel, so is useless for speed runs….. but ideal for bazzing about with a rally car?!?

Apparently its relatively easy to get extra ground clearance by flipping the suspension arms. I’m thinking a set of rally wheels, a new shell, and swap back to the silver can and I’m good to go?

Good idea mate 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1