• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

Hi all Gmade Buffalo owners. I just purchased a kit so hopefully will be starting it next week. I'm just having a think about appropriate motor as I want to use this 2 speed gearbox ability to go fast sometimes. What are you guys using for yours? I'm just worried that 27T would a little bit to slow... Any suggestions? 

8 minutes ago, Manxman said:

Hi all Gmade Buffalo owners. I just purchased a kit so hopefully will be starting it next week. I'm just having a think about appropriate motor as I want to use this 2 speed gearbox ability to go fast sometimes. What are you guys using for yours? I'm just worried that 27T would a little bit to slow... Any suggestions? 

I haven’t had the chance to run mine yet but a 27t motor should give you decent speed for a crawler in second gear .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomr said:

I haven’t had the chance to run mine yet but a 27t motor should give you decent speed for a crawler in second gear .

Thanks. I just don't know how slow is first gear there or how big is the difference between first and second. There are lots of videos on yt but no one really says what motor they're using apart from RC Girl using brushless combo on hers, but this is way beyond my budget🤣

46 minutes ago, Manxman said:

Thanks. I just don't know how slow is first gear there or how big is the difference between first and second. There are lots of videos on yt but no one really says what motor they're using apart from RC Girl using brushless combo on hers, but this is way beyond my budget🤣

Do you have a speed in mind that you feel it needs to be at ?

Will you be running 2s or3s? 

1 hour ago, Manxman said:

I just want it to be able to do a similar speed as TRX 4 on high gear. Most likely will aim for 3s

These 21t 550 size motors are cheap and should give a good mix of torque and speed . https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-550-21t-brushed-motor-mt-outlaw--1334046

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Manxman said:

There is a rather large difference between 1st & 2nd gear. I'd say 27t might be borderline too fast on 3s, while in 2nd. My motor is a 5 slot, 12t... which is roughly comparable to an ordinary 35t and running 3s is pretty quick in 2nd gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manxman said:

Any ideas for micro servo for the gearbox? I can't find anything specific at the moment 

It’s a standard size servo the shifting mechanism is real nice so you don’t need something fancy . I used a basic HPI waterproof job 👍

1 hour ago, tomr said:

It’s a standard size servo the shifting mechanism is real nice so you don’t need something fancy . I used a basic HPI waterproof job 👍

Thank you. This is great news. I thought that it would be something smaller but in that case it means one headache less😉

1 hour ago, steephill said:

Built up the Gmade Gom and gave it a little test around the garden.

Body panels will be getting painted soon.

It did pretty good. Will have to do some comparison tests when there is less snow about. Probably fair to put it up against a Wraith or bomber.

DSC_6539DSC_6534

Looking good 👍 

I very nearly bought one of these let us know how you get on with it .