• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

'lo all.

I figured it was probably time we had a thread dedicated to Gmade, as the brand has become popular enough to warrant it... but probably not enough for each model to get their own owners' section.

So, please include your GS01, GS02, GS02F & other models' discussions and photographs. :good:

Speaking of...

I've decided to sell my beloved Komodo Double Cab GS02 (my very favourite truck) and buy the... erm... Komodo Double Cab GS02F! 😆

20211020_121807.thumb.jpg.eb4869a710c5337b4831df702a7335e8.jpg

Recorded a video today, going on about how much I like and respect the fact that Gmade has continously listened to customer feedback and implemented changes, accordingly. I want to support such a company. Video will be online tonight.

I'll also be starting the build tonight. Might put the build in this thread, or start a whole new build thread, like I did with my current truck, or I might just add it all in here. Let me know what you guys prefer.

Cheers!

• Like 3

20210625_152107.thumb.jpg.fa1073fc112b4cb242586e3482070cc7.jpg20210625_141258.thumb.jpg.d634e0363200fff60c990d63048e76c5.jpgI like gmade. here's my sawback with driver Sandy Smithers. I use teraflex revolver shackles for more articulation on the leaf springs.  Great fun overall but not very competitive.

Edited by Xulf
  • Like 3

I recently pre-ordered the Buffalo pickup, which then got delayed 😩 and is now due sometime in November, will post here when I'm building 👍🏼

It's the first time ever I've been pre ready for a build, I've had everything for weeks the esc, motor, wheels etc etc then the truck got delayed....

• Like 1

Lovely stuff, looking forward to the next instalments 👍 Ive used these stainless grub screws, they happily screw in and out in service and have a nice dollop of threadlock painted on.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-grub-screws-3x4mm-8-4x4mm-stainless-4--380319

• Like 1

@PraetoR Looks like your having fun..!! I'm jealous as mine is still MIA 😩

Forgot to ask, did you use the heavy duty diff locker http://www.gmade.net/op-31/ ,

I bought the diff lockers and all the light bars for mine along with some nice looking chinesium wheels with some fake Vanquish tyres 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

@PraetoR Looks like your having fun..!! I'm jealous as mine is still MIA 😩

Forgot to ask, did you use the heavy duty diff locker http://www.gmade.net/op-31/ ,

I bought the diff lockers and all the light bars for mine along with some nice looking chinesium wheels with some fake Vanquish tyres 😉

I certainly am!

Oh no, is that all the way from Korea? My parts took 3 weeks.

I did. Front and rear. Both the GS02 & the GS02F. They are much nicer than the kit lockers.

Yours will be great, I'm sure!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking even better now mate :good:

Is that a fan mount incorporated into the front shock brace ?

Thanks!

It is. Completely unnecessary for me, with my brushed 550 motor, but for a brushless setup, it might be very handy. Neat little design, either way!

I should have also mentioned, my Gmade wheels require 10mm thick hexes, in order to clear the SSD brass knuckle weights. Hence why the truck has such a wide stance. 

• Like 1