• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My first rc

Chicko

tell us what you expect the car to do eg off road,fast or slow crawling or a wheely monster etc and give us a budget of how much ur willing to spend all in 🙂

i have no experience of the summit 😞

Edited by Yrkoon

An axial ryft is a good mix of speed and rock crawler. It's about your budget. Have a look at them. Also have a look at the post on this site about it. Plenty of help to be had from the guys with one. 

Your never going to get a car that can do good speeds and crawl well. They don't really mix well.  But something like the ryft is a good mix. I'd like one. But out of my budget unfortunately 

I had a Summit and loved it, regret selling it.

It's speed is only moderate, this can be tweaked up, but don't bother putting a hot brushless combo in it, keep it sensible. 

For slow speed action it was perfectly reasonable in my book. They have locking diffs and two speed gearbox. I'm not in to crawling or scaling, I don't get the attraction, but for me the Summit gave a bit of both, speed and the ability to crawl out of tricky spots or climb carefully over obstacles instead of charging headlong at them. 

They're not very tough, so not suited to hard bashing. But walking through woodland or up the mountains you mentioned, pretty much perfect in my opinion. 

Very expensive to buy new. However, you may get lucky with a used version. 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

I had a Summit and loved it, regret selling it.

It's speed is only moderate, this can be tweaked up, but don't bother putting a hot brushless combo in it, keep it sensible. 

For slow speed action it was perfectly reasonable in my book. They have locking diffs and two speed gearbox. I'm not in to crawling or scaling, I don't get the attraction, but for me the Summit gave a bit of both, speed and the ability to crawl out of tricky spots or climb carefully over obstacles instead of charging headlong at them. 

They're not very tough, so not suited to hard bashing. But walking through woodland or up the mountains you mentioned, pretty much perfect in my opinion. 

Very expensive to buy new. However, you may get lucky with a used version. 

@Tug which summit is best to get 1/10 ,1/8 or 1/16. And do you know any sites they sell used rc's other than ebay 

There's only 1/16 and 1/10.

I also had the 1/16, sold it as it wasn't much good at anything. 

I only know Ebay, but there's also Facebook marketplace? I'm not on Facebook, so never used that. 

7 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thats going go be above budget though with batteries etc?

Maybe, but the truck is very good choice IMHO. Always can buy other brands batteries.