• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cyclists.

Oh How Original

I plan to go as soon as possible tbh, a lot of people are reporting police at trails, but nobody is getting stopped, it's more to make sure there's not big groups and people riding dirt bikes and stuff.

I'll only be learning the ropes so won't be going mental.

Got my helmet today, the full face, ordered a bit of a nicer pisspot style, matching my full face 7idp.

That's nice, I thought to myself when you spent the 2 grand on a hardtail that I would rather have gone full sus.

Was sitting up in bed the other night with the wife looking on the laptop at bikes, She glanced across and said,

'You can by a BLEEP car for that',  I said,

' I bought you a brand new car 3 years ago for 15 grand, I's got 10,000 miles on the clock and sat on the drive, I would have done more than that on this bike'.

She had no come back.

On 17/03/2021 at 23:58, Oh How Original said:

Nothing wrong with that if it does what you want buddy.

I honestly think I will end up buying a cheapish hardtail for some road riding, get some nice fast tyres on it and hit some roads, mostly for getting my fitness and stamina up.

Instead of a hard tail have a look at cx or gravel bikes. I’ve got a Genesis croix de fer and it’s a very capable bike on the rough stuff as well as the black top.

• Like 3

On 17/03/2021 at 23:58, Oh How Original said:

Nothing wrong with that if it does what you want buddy.

I honestly think I will end up buying a cheapish hardtail for some road riding, get some nice fast tyres on it and hit some roads, mostly for getting my fitness and stamina up.

Honestly....If you'll just be on road..... Go straight to a roadie, the speed differential and distance you can cover is significant mate. Shaving optional 👍🤣

33 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Honestly....If you'll just be on road..... Go straight to a roadie, the speed differential and distance you can cover is significant mate. Shaving optional 👍🤣

OHO won't see this as he's been banned. I won't go into detail to avoid spamming the thread.

31 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

OHO won't see this as he's been banned. I won't go into detail to avoid spamming the thread.

What the Funk!?!?!?!?!?!...

I did wonder why his signature had gone.... Will txt him... Or maybe I shouldn't be seen as conferring with him???..🤣

2 hours ago, oodboo said:

Instead of a hard tail have a look at cx or gravel bikes. I’ve got a Genesis croix de fer and it’s a very capable bike on the rough stuff as well as the black top.

That was handling some rough terrain there mate nice 1 :good:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Please go into detail, I think I've had a few disagreements over time with OHO, One pretty recent if I remember right, But I've always forgot about it a couple hours later and just got on with exchanging niceties in another thread.

But what I think it's a bit unfair, Is that I and many others, For what of a better description, Can have Months or Years maybe of communication, Or social conversation with someone, To just have that stop with no explanation.

I'm not a Gold member, And maybe Gold members get some sort or siren going off when someone gets banned, But OHO has been around long enough that regulars not in the know, Deserve, Or maybe are entitled to an explanation as to why.

6 minutes ago, babylon said:

Please go into detail, I think I've had a few disagreements over time with OHO, One pretty recent if I remember right, But I've always forgot about it a couple hours later and just got on with exchanging niceties in another thread.

But what I think it's a bit unfair, Is that I and many others, For what of a better description, Can have Months or Years maybe of communication, Or social conversation with someone, To just have that stop with no explanation.

I'm not a Gold member, And maybe Gold members get some sort or siren going off when someone gets banned, But OHO has been around long enough that regulars not in the know, Deserve, Or maybe are entitled to an explanation as to why.

I do think it would be helpful to new and long standing members to know why members have been banned, as it would transparent and maybe everyone could be wiser and learn.  As a regular visitor I did not see any serious issues with OHO's posts in the forums. He was a good and established member. 

4 hours ago, oodboo said:

Sorry, But there now just running out of things to call bikes and making anything up, Gravel bike, Racing frame with wider fatter tyres and disc brakes, Otherwise known as a Hybrid.

What ones the Gravel Bike, And which is the Hybrid, One clue, The Hybrid has been around for over 10 years.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, locky said:

I do think it would be helpful to new and long standing members to know why members have been banned, as it would transparent and maybe everyone could be wiser and learn.  As a regular visitor I did not see any serious issues with OHO's posts in the forums. He was a good and established member. 

If I'm Honest, I don't think we will find out, It's always been very secret squirrel around here, Many a horse has dropped dead next to the water butt. Everything is always top secret, I know someone but can't say who, I know what happed but can't say what, I know why but don't want spamming, There's always an excuse as to why someone can't, Or won't say something, Anything.

It's supposed to be a friendly community, That's why it's popular, That's why many have been here and coming here for years, But when a member of that community go's MIA, Don't ask, Just move on, It's a secret.

7 hours ago, babylon said:

Sorry, But there now just running out of things to call bikes and making anything up, Gravel bike, Racing frame with wider fatter tyres and disc brakes, Otherwise known as a Hybrid.

What ones the Gravel Bike, And which is the Hybrid, One clue, The Hybrid has been around for over 10 years.

spacer.pngspacer.png

If you're only going back 10 years then I bought my first genesis croix de fer in 2010. I think they called it an adventure bike back then, maybe they still do. It offers a more relaxed, upright seating position than a racing bike.

2 hours ago, oodboo said:

If you're only going back 10 years then I bought my first genesis croix de fer in 2010. I think they called it an adventure bike back then, maybe they still do. It offers a more relaxed, upright seating position than a racing bike.

it's in a very similar vein to my charge plug.

To be honest, for most people who buy bikes, they're all the bike they'll ever need, and really can do a bit of everything fairly well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hugoagogo said:

If anyone is interested I'm going to put my Felt Compulsion Limited Edition in the sales section 😀

Is that the white mint sauce one with the red equilink? One of my friends had one, seemed like a decent bike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ok guys, hoping you experts can n help me.

couldnt find another bike section so hopefully this thread will do.

i am wanting to get a mountain bike but no idea which brand would be a decent one, also dont want to spend loads on one too incase i give up after 1 go 😄 

dont really know what to look for either i.e full suspension and other things.

budget is only small, 100 to 150, like i said, just testing the water to see if i want to keep at it or not, i do decide to keep at it then i will come back for more advice on  a higher price one.

many thanks guys