• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

Well I got a run in on my new Ryft this morning. Only used a 2S battery and WOW!  On wet long ish grass, last cut in early October, the right front wheel came up under full acceleration until she was flying along and on the wet road with only a little lift of that wheel it was flying! I tried it on 50% and 75% too and 75% still lifted that wheel on the grass While 50% tamed it into what felt like a fast Rock Crawler. 

Yet it will crawl along and climb over the leg supports of our garden coffee table with ease. Looking forward to taking it the RC Adventures Shildon soon to try it on the rocks! Plus, my 3S battery will get an outing.  🤔

• Like 3

So received this today, and holy crap I love it. 

Running 2s as I don't have any 3s (they are on their way)  what size 3s fit as I have a feeling the ones I ordered won't as I'm sure they are same size as my 2 s which is too large for the battery tray.

The sensor wire in the middle of the battery plug, what do you do with this when fitting different battery connectors.  I use xt90s

Cheers 

I run 5000mah 3s 50c lipos and they just fit in with a push.  

I cut the wire about 2 inches from the plug and used a bit if heat shrink to hold it to the negative wire.  

3 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I run 5000mah 3s 50c lipos and they just fit in with a push.  

I cut the wire about 2 inches from the plug and used a bit if heat shrink to hold it to the negative wire.  

hopefully mine will fit these are what i ordered  Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C LiPo Pack w/XT-90 | hobbyking

I assume the telemetry wont work with other models?

is there any thing specific i need to look for when searching 2.2 wheels for this truck? 

Cant wait to get it in to the woods for a proper test drive.

I have the same and they do fit but very tight. 

The telemetry won't work without using the silly priced spektrum lipos. 

As for wheels.  Go for ones 35mm wide and running slow hubs.  Then get the SSD ryft hubs from rcbitz.  Sorted. 

43 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

I have the same and they do fit but very tight. 

The telemetry won't work without using the silly priced spektrum lipos. 

As for wheels.  Go for ones 35mm wide and running slow hubs.  Then get the SSD ryft hubs from rcbitz.  Sorted. 

gota ask whats a slow hub?

****ing phone.   Slw Hub's. Not bloody slow.  Get the SSD ryft hubs.  They work with any wheel using the SLW replaceable hub. Almost any wheel using a 6 bolt removable hex is using this design 

Kinda embarrassing, took the ryft out today up in too the woods with my lad and his ftx mauler.

He asked what all the knobs and switch did on the spektrum controller, it was then I found the throttle limiter switch 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So much more fun with 100% throttle. 

One of my 2s lipos however had balloned while in use, so that's destin for the scrap heap. 

• Haha 3