• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HOBAO HYPER SSE 1/8 BUGGY ELECTRIC ROLLER BUGGY questions

6 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Funny enough, i'll actually get a Quantum XT brushed for the garden.

I think best I am gonna do is just get Maverick quanum flux and order the had axle set maybe some spare arms comes to £200 with spares and see how I get on with that

• Like 2

Not even gonna do that, will do as is for the garden. 

It's not always about general toughness, it's how you drive too. Romping over grass won't destroy a suspension arm, though i do have ramps in the garden, so.. meh, we'll see. The brushed one is £135, so i very much expect it to somehow have the wheels fall off quickly, but don't matter. Mainly for the wife, she likes the pink one - i might get a Maxx or Hoss for myself. 😄

53 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I think best I am gonna do is just get Maverick quanum flux and order the had axle set maybe some spare arms comes to £200 with spares and see how I get on with that

You got a hunger for that Quanum so you might as well buy it, personally I’d just bash it and see what you break no point buying parts you may not need. 

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

You got a hunger for that Quanum so you might as well buy it, personally I’d just bash it and see what you break no point buying parts you may not need. 

Not really got a hunger for it, more a case of not a lot else in the price band thats worth buying, but after last weekend on here and now more of the same today, i have learned the valuable lesson, dont post about it, dont ask about it.......just do it, and if its a bad call based on lack of knowledge suck it up, take it on the chin,  and on that note, i am done with this thread, still puzzled how a specific Hoboa thread turned into "Buy an Arrma" in fact buy a cheap and poor quality brushed Arrma with a top speed of 18mph

• Haha 1

If you're puzzled by my response about the Arrma I hope this clears it up...

It actually does 30mph. While it's not the 70mph + other similar models do, it's considerably cheaper and not THAT inferior and fits your budget. 30mph is pretty reasonable depending on what space you have.

I suggested the Arrma for the following reasons.

1. It's only a smidge over your budget and is a RTR and involves zero guess work on getting a buggy running.

2. You can put your 120a 2-3S ESC in it and possibly the motor. This was suggested as you were wanting to put this brushless combo into a metal chassis Hyper which needs 4-6S so your brushless combo would be redundant due to weight.

3. I don't have any experience with this specific Arrma model, but I stand by for the money there are far worse models and having spoken to multiple people with these models to get their feedback. I would not suggest a product I wouldn't be happy with. 

4. Your idea of a 2-3S Hyper would not work. We advised you of that. You'd end up with a poor experience and potential damage to the motor, ESC and battery which may involve a fire hazard and ruined equipment. I then offered an alternative which I thought may be of use.

You can post about any vehicle you want, it's a forum to discuss things. We all try and help people with our own personal experiences and some of us have decades in this hobby with valuable insight and wisdom. 

The fact you have taken the time to register and post asking for help on here suggests that you would like our help on choosing a model and want to get a good cost Vs durability Vs performance. All we can do is advise you, ultimately it's your choice and that's fine. I'm sure lots of people may have them and love them. Every R/C will break. It 100% depends on luck and how hard you are on them.

Some people get kicks from a cheap Mardave onroad car for sub 100 quid. Others have deeper pockets and indulge in premium products. 

Some are happy with a 2005 1.2 petrol Corsa, others lease brand spanking new cars and wouldn't want an older model and potential repairs that can happen and others enjoy older cars and are happy for potential maintenance and the charm of a older motor.

Remember these are toys and it's about fun, enjoy the hobby. 

Edited by Derka
  • Thanks 1

This thread has valuable information regardless Jack, im glad you asked the question.
I didnt know the other hobaos arnt as well built as my old one.
I didnt know the typon had a kinda cheap version, i forgot it had plastic diffs 🤮

Theres value in the thread and its informative to others, even if you didnt get what you was after i think it was still constructive toward the forum. 👍

The search continues for the perfect car for Jack. maybe it could be a boat? 😂

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

@Derka I hope you did not take offence from my post, but the last few weeks since getting a sentonand then parting with the Senton every thing i post on here turns into "Get an Arrma" despite me saying openly i wont be buying one, couple this up with some long running childish hassle on the forum (not going into details)

6 minutes ago, Redback said:

This thread has valuable information regardless Jack, im glad you asked the question.
I didnt know the other hobaos arnt as well built as my old one.
I didnt know the typon had a kinda cheap version, i forgot it had plastic diffs 🤮

Theres value in the thread and its informative to others, even if you didnt get what you was after i think it was still constructive toward the forum. 👍

The search continues for the perfect car for Jack. maybe it could be a boat? 😂

Good post but one detail wrong, the search has ended, no longer looking, a toy car is not worth the hassle 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Good post but one detail wrong, the search has ended, no longer looking, a toy car is not worth the hassle 

Will see I bet there be a post within a week or 2 saying you got the Maverick 😂😂👍 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Will see I bet there be a post within a week or 2 saying you got the Maverick 😂😂👍 

I doubt it, all items removed from cart, i am taking the advice given........the 3 wise monkeys accuse me of not taking good advice, so this time i am taking it, im sure the site sponsor wont miss the lost sale

18 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I doubt it, all items removed from cart, i am taking the advice given........the 3 wise monkeys accuse me of not taking good advice, so this time i am taking it, im sure the site sponsor wont miss the lost sale

It's a forum, you ask a question and people provide an answer / opinion. Just because it's not the one you might have wanted doesn't mean it's wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

It's a forum, you ask a question and people provide an answer / opinion. Just because it's not the one you might have wanted doesn't mean it's wrong. 

I think we are agreeing on this, i asked a question, was told it wont work (Hoboa) fair play good advice given and taken, thread should have ground to a halt at that point, 5 posts max job done

then i say just as well get the maverick as it fits the price point, again advice given that the model suffers a few faults, a few weak points....yet again advice taken and decision made to not proceed with the purchase. Now in a situation where there is no model that fits the bill, in the price point i have set, so rather than buying for the sake of buying i am no longer looking for a new model, again it was suggested maybe save a bit, see what is out there maybe with a raised budget, seems i am taking all good advice given, on all points 

7 minutes ago, Mtbtomo said:

Can't people just buy what they fancy, whether there are a few issues with what product they are buying or not?

Yes they can, but going back to the point of this thread, i asked would a particular set up work and was told no, it wont

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Modelsport don’t sponsor this forum they did give a discount many many many years ago but that all stopped 🙁

Sounds like you’ve a come up with a new plan now 👍👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Modelsport don’t sponsor this forum they did give a discount many many many years ago but that all stopped 🙁

Sounds like you’ve a come up with a new plan now 👍👍

news to me really thought MS were the sponsor, there, learnt something new, and yes new plan is.................dont buy a car and save my money, but as i have said if i do i just wont be posting about it, just do it..........no hassle then

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

I brought a Mini T 2.0 for this. Its not big enough, legit tempted by a brushed version

Yeah i looked at those too but felt it's too low/small for the grass that i have here. My neighbour with similar lawn does run his WLToys.. somethingorother no problem (the small buggy), but i can't be arsed to wait until summer. Wheelspin/MS have the brushed Quantum XT in stock and the difference in price is negligible. For the garden it'll do, probably. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guns said:

You need to look at your current RCs, ask yourself what they DONT do, and then ask if you want to be able to do that with your RCs. Then proceed from there. 

Got an X-Maxx, a top spec EXB, a Felony, a Trail Finder 2, a Dementor. That alone really covers all the bases. 😄

Don't wanna tear up the lawn in the garden though, so i do need something faster than the TF2, but slower than everything else. Gonna order the Quantum once i figure out whether or not i want a Typhon 6s or a Maxx. 

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Got an X-Maxx, a top spec EXB, a Felony, a Trail Finder 2, a Dementor. That alone really covers all the bases. 😄

Don't wanna tear up the lawn in the garden though, so i do need something faster than the TF2, but slower than everything else. Gonna order the Quantum once i figure out whether or not i want a Typhon 6s or a Maxx. 

I ment for Jack, but Im sure you can squeeze another RC in there 😉

X-maxx and then. Felony for me I think

Just now, Guns said:

I ment for Jack, but Im sure you can squeeze another RC in there 😉

X-maxx and then. Felony for me I think

Or go Felony first and buy mine. 😛