• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Glad its got bids on Ebay  but pity you didnt gel with it 

Yrkoon and I always have a good laugh wnen were out with them :good:

some ways its a shame as its very scaled but just not using it, may or may not get something else but happy with the 4 crawlers i have

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just now, Stormbringer said:

You need a micro servo for the 2 speed shift and the shocks arnt the best but fixes are listed in the thread mate :good:

what is this micro servo sorcery? my mini 8 has a micro servo, can i steal that? 

• Haha 1

if i don't fit a micro servo will it just run in single speed?

edit: guys just to be super duper crystal clear, this isn't for me to crawl with and try climb a pebble with, i've bought it as it fit the bill for something slow, something that hopefully won't self destruct oh and g-wagon styling - all it needs to do is run around in doors at home on wooden and carpet flooring, outside on pavement while we go for walks and run around grass in parks. no actual trails or whatever will be done. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

Im not sure mate its a shaft moved by the servo that changes gear 

Not sure if it can be locked in a gear

If you need a micro servo gives a shout as i have some helicopter cyclic servos kicking about that sjould do it

Mind you theres not much difference between low and high in these anyway

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Im not sure mate its a shaft moved by the servo that changes gear 

Not sure if it can be locked in a gear

If you need a micro servo gives a shout as i have some helicopter cyclic servos kicking about that sjould do it

Mind you theres not much difference between low and high in these anyway

oh you're a diamond mate, yeah i'll organise with @Yrkoonwhen he wakes up from his slumber lol, really appreciate that 😄 

• Like 3

I’d stick a 1060 in over a Tamiya ESC, purely so you can have it crawler setting with a brake as soon as throttles released - works well with my little nieces Pumpkin, stops it rolling away on its own momentum.  Also let’s you stick it straight in reverse too. I also put one of these in:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hpi-crawler-motor-55t-34849

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shergar said:

I’d stick a 1060 in over a Tamiya ESC, purely so you can have it crawler setting with a brake as soon as throttles released - works well with my little nieces Pumpkin, stops it rolling away on its own momentum.  Also let’s you stick it straight in reverse too. I also put one of these in:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hpi-crawler-motor-55t-34849

This isn't Reddit otherwise I'd have given you an award for this post. Sometimes the most simple things go over my head, for the life of me I could not understand why someone would want auto brake when you can press the trigger, but you explained that so simply and well, to stop the vehicle rolling away on its own momentum. I'm buying a 1060 now 🙂 Thanks Shergar, you're my favourite race horse, BoJack Horseman is now my second favourite horse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can the 1060 be set up with a drag brake? I thought you needed the 1080 if you wanted to get into that sort of stuff for a brushed set up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigGinge said:

Can the 1060 be set up with a drag brake? I thought you needed the 1080 if you wanted to get into that sort of stuff for a brushed set up. 

@Yrkoonyou have a 1060 or two don't you...please let us know 🙂 

Just had a quick look at the manual for the 1060 and it only has a couple of settings that are adjusted using some jumpers (battery type and throttle mode). Doesn’t look like there is any mention of a drag brake feature on that one. 

https://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/QuicRunWP1625-WP860-WP1060.pdf

Edited by BigGinge

Is there a reason to not go brushless sensored, other than costs? I know my XR8 for example had a crawler function, and I think my BL120 does as well...Also I'm guessing these are geared really short to stop over speeding/stress to the gear boxes? 

I'll try not to go for 4-6S...I said try, no promises.