• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Tekno RC MT410 - M2C Game Changer

.AJ.

23 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Stripped down already for a inspection and a proper clean, happy to report I’ve found no other damage 👍 

794-F8-B1-C-D7-F8-4-C78-8161-0-CBFB863-C

And the pile of broken parts 😂

8-CD4-E6-B3-8-EF7-4-E85-8298-89079-C4-A8

Body posts and bumper breaking seems like a fairly good trade off. Easy to replace and not too expensive. All in all, successfull bashing 👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Definitely mate, it’s only minor damage really 👌 

I have designed some inserts by the way, was going to print them today... only....

20210328_112449.thumb.jpg.700f5dfe84c491340b049fa68bc62b44.jpg

Goddamn 3D printing 🤦🏼‍♂️ Never had nylon stick TOO well before.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paul Busby said:

I have designed some inserts by the way, was going to print them today... only....

20210328_112449.thumb.jpg.700f5dfe84c491340b049fa68bc62b44.jpg

Goddamn 3D printing 🤦🏼‍♂️ Never had nylon stick TOO well before.

Oops, I’m in no hurry mate, I maybe waiting a while for the new body to turn up 

6 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Stripped down already for a inspection and a proper clean, happy to report I’ve found no other damage 👍 

794-F8-B1-C-D7-F8-4-C78-8161-0-CBFB863-C

And the pile of broken parts 😂

8-CD4-E6-B3-8-EF7-4-E85-8298-89079-C4-A8

No bent CVD driveshafts ??

Everytime I take mine out it comes back with bent driveshafts 😩

2 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Nope, all are arrow straight, I do run limited droop tho 👍 

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

I've bent mine too on some runs, (droop adjusted for) but I do still run a pretty stock soft set up as I like the traction it offers on rough terrain...

Oh, and skate parks take no prisoners!!!🤣

• Like 1

I have a mate who wraps cars for a living and he reckons he has adhesion promoter that works on polypropylene, so hopefully I’ll be able to get some decals and window stickers to stay on longer than 5 mins, obviously I will report back 👍 

• Like 1

I actually thought the unbreakabales were polyethylene based... same issue with paint and stickers.

I did get stickers to stay on my unbreakable bodies, just have to heat them up a bit and really push them on, there was a sticker set that came from America that worked. They were super thick.

In terms of making them look less crap, you just have to accept that they will will never look like a pristine scale car, and as they get scuffed up you can get paint into the scuffs to make it look "weathered". The metallic paint pen that I used on my "desert militia" one worked ok.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve gone past worrying about what it looks like, I just want it to last longer than 5 bash’s 😂😂😂

Here is mine, hopefully you can kinda see what I mean about getting paint into the scuffs and the stickers staying on... as you can see it has been bashed and most of the stickers survived.

If you just try and pain the raw plastic... it just flakes off, as you can see, but where it's scuffed up it sorta works and ends up looking like it's meant to be that way.

I have a Kyosho FOXX body that I plan to make work on this car, but I'm honestly alright with how this looks.

20210329_133246.jpg

20210329_133235.jpg

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve gone past worrying about what it looks like, I just want it to last longer than 5 bash’s 😂😂😂

You got 5 bashes our of it!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You lucky bugger!! I think I cracked mine proper on skate park run 2! 🙈

With regards paint, after a really good degrease (carb cleaner) then I managed to get some acrylic paint pens to stick a bit. Again, it doesn't look great up close but ok from a distance, and most importantly it seems to stay on till it is scraped proper hard on concrete.... Certainly a blind man would be proud of the looks 👍🤣

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1

Carried on with the inspection/rebuild and the rear inner hinge pins are in right state......

CE28-E340-96-E6-45-E0-BF4-C-F3-A841-C07-

The top one went in a drill and cleaned up with 600 grade wet and dry, when I reinstalled them they will get a light coating of grease, ive checked the outers and they are just like new 👍 

• Like 1

Rebuild nearly done 

7-AF9864-E-F962-4-C61-AC6-C-CFABD41-EC04

M2c towers that use Arrma body mounts 

EBA3-B18-C-5-B34-4209-B40-F-B06-EDFF2-EA

250-C8-F45-A2-AA-4-EF2-AE50-22-D9-CD8-EF

I’ve still got the shocks to do, but had my cv19 jab this afternoon and feel a bit woozy, so that will have to wait for another day 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

My bumper stiffeners didnt work haha... bumper completely destroyed, although this was the original one that came with the car and has already been through the wars... but I will tweak it more before I send it along 😄

The concept I think is solid, I just havent but the bracing in the right spot.

I'll upload some vids + pics later

• Like 1