• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

Now who does 3D printing...

I'm sure I know a guy who has a few high end printers and makes 3D printed parts out of material that other 3D printing folk don't even consider... what's his name again 🤔

8 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

I'm sure I know a guy who has a few high end printers and makes 3D printed parts out of material that other 3D printing folk don't even consider... what's his name again 🤔

If youre currently printing them let me know 🙂

9 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Is it "B is for Build" or "Mashable"? 

Just curious. 😛 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

If youre currently printing them let me know 🙂

i have a design for EXB Mudguards, I don't have the centre one though 😞

Not to say I can't do one, but I just don't have it to churn out and send over to you immedietly.

Edited by Paul Busby

35 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

i have a design for EXB Mudguards, I don't have the centre one though 😞

Not to say I can't do one, but I just don't have it to churn out and send over to you immedietly.

I dont really care about the centre one. Drop me a PM with the price for the mudguards 

• Like 1

Hi guys recently bought myself a kraton 6s exb with the max8 2200kv combo and I have a couple of questions 

First off what tooth pinion am I best using with the 2200kv motor I'm currently using the "high speed" pinion that comes in the box. Also would I need to run a fan on the motor with a higher teeth pinion 

Next diff oil - currently running stock all round but I've seen videos of people using earplugs in their diffs and was considering doing this in the centre diff to help stop the front wheels ballooning but unsure what oil to use in the other diffs. 

And lastly shock standoffs I've looked at the m2c ones but noticed they require the shock tower drilling which I don't really want to do are there any out there that don't require any sort of modding? 

Sorry for the long winded post loving the truck so far just need to work on my driving skills as it just wants to wheelie all the time 😂 and it's a lot faster than I'm used to

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated 

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Earplugs will worsen the wheelies. 

Oh OK I did watch a video of a guy on YouTube who did it with the centre diff and he did a before and after and it seemed to reduce the front wheels ballooning. I think part  of it is me being a bit trigger happy aswell. What do you recommend for the centre diff fluid I've read the standard is100k? I've read so many different things I'm lost on what to do lol

Edited by S_Brown_5787

On 21/03/2021 at 13:30, Guns said:

Normal service resumed 😩

Think its only a bulkhead

F27LSX1.jpg

oLrB3oC.jpg

ovOiJQY.jpg

Just think you wanted the 8s the other week 😂😂. Should have bought a Team Corally 😁

Had mine out on the grass Saturday, i was only using 1 fan on the motor with a 20t. didnt even get luke warm lol 40cfm 40mm fan is crazy, got 2 on there but only ran one.

Taken the Max 6 combo out and put in MMX8S + the 1520 motor with the yeah racing dual fan setup, nothing like the fans i built but it will be fine for 20t. Will give it a blast on 8s saturday 💪

4 hours ago, S_Brown_5787 said:

Oh OK I did watch a video of a guy on YouTube who did it with the centre diff and he did a before and after and it seemed to reduce the front wheels ballooning. I think part  of it is me being a bit trigger happy aswell. What do you recommend for the centre diff fluid I've read the standard is100k? I've read so many different things I'm lost on what to do lol

Most people run 500k in the centre. 

And yes, ear plugs in the centre diff will reduce the front wheels ballooning (or "diffing out"). To understand where you want to go with tuning/weights, you just need to understand what the centre diff actually does. Locking the centre diff is basically like driving without a centre diff. What a centre diff does (or a diff in general), is it's sending power to the axle with the least traction (usually the front, due to it lifting). People use thinner oil in the centre if they want to get rid of wheelies, which on the other hand causes the front to "diff out", which is basically ballooning. Thinner oil lowers the threshold at which the front starts diffing out. Thicker oil increases the threshold, leading to the rear axle holding more power before the front unloads. But: holding more power in the rear means more wheelie. 

I personally wouldn't run a locked centre diff (not in the Kraton anyway), but i do run 500k which makes it (imho) most controllable if you have a sensible throttle finger. Where a locked diff is the best option is "air control", rotating the truck forwards and backwards in the air. You get the most rotation out of a locked diff - but on 6s you'll get enough rotation out of any setup. 

Hope this makes sense, bit late.

edit: TLDR, thinner viscosity oil (lower weight/cst) = less wheelie, more ballooning - thicker viscosity (higher weight/cst) = more wheelie, less ballooning. In that regard it's always give and take, you can't decrease ballooning without increasing wheelies, at least not through centre diff tuning - you just need to find the setup that works for you.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Stick with one unit of measurement, I use WT for my oils, not CST. CST tends to be a lot thinner. 

Problem is that WT isn't a standard measurement. 40wt oil by TLR has a different viscosity than 40wt Associated. 

cSt is an actual standard and doesn't (or, at least, shouldn't) differ between manufacturers. 

https://www.rccaraction.com/silicone-oil-explained-weight-w-wt-versus-cst/

I used to look at weight exclusively, but many manufacturers are dropping it as a measurement. Imho a good thing. Once you know "your" cSt, it should be the same across the manufacturers, unlike WT. 

• Like 1

Just picked up a genuine spare bulkhead.....

look at the (lack of!) quality of the moulding for this screw hole? And accross the top

6mbMj2M.jpg

it looks like someones first attempt at 3D printing.....

Then to compound the issue.... the other side of the NEW diff housing doesnt line up very well at all. In fact, id need to wrench it home and hope it pulled straight. Im running the old side of the diff housing, that seems to fit better. 

Pretty poor show there IMO 

Waiting on diff grease and new wing mount screws (theyre very bent). Rear Diff feels VERY stiff too, will pull it back out when grease comes

Edited by Guns
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Derka said:

If this ‘goes’ itll be a Tekno MT410 and an Xmaxx. Nothing else. But thats a significant investment 

My post was more a ‘what the hells going on at Armma/Horizon?!’

Edited by Guns

I saw a Kronos in the flesh for the first time last week - went for a bash with two lads who had them. No word of a lie they both spent almost the whole day fixing them while I smashed 8 packs through my Kraton (non EXB). The Kronos is definitely faster than my Kraton but I wasn't overly impressed if i'm honest!

Edited by J.K