• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

17 hours ago, fluffy said:

I picked one up today, great bit of fun but did snap a wishbone on the front due to hitting a wall so can't really grumble, really fancy getting a 3s to try it out too 

Possibly need to gear down a couple of teeth for 3s 👍 

Have you found anywhere selling spares yet ?

On 21/09/2020 at 17:47, MartyH said:

Hi, really interested in one of these, but slightly concerned about parts availability.  They look much better though than the equivalent FTX Brushless though!

Modelsport have quite a few spares in stock now 👍

Edited by tomr

So had the truck out a few times now,still nothing broken but the rear  turn buckles Seem to bend for fun. 
No problems with the fronts but the rears are definitely a weak spot .

I did order a set of Team Associated titanium Buckles but cancelled them when I came across a set of lightly used Hobao  Hyper 7 TQ ones.

£3.99 delivered from EBay 👍

B287279A-B0A4-4CE6-99A3-759558FBC47A.thumb.jpeg.141a08bf0b54fc3ca341b8fb6f3680fc.jpeg

Double the thickness and the best bit is the balls in the rod ends use the same thickness bolt’s as the Originals 👍

718EDDD5-292B-4C80-89A2-43C0F7CCE87C.thumb.jpeg.535421e08807f9ab75bc82582429d596.jpeg

I have a question about upgrading shocks to alloy bodied versions.  I've got an Associated MT10 and it handles fine to be honest but I'd like to upgrade the plastic shocks.  Could you suggest where I could get some?  is it just a matter of making sure the oberall length is the same as originals?

1 hour ago, CUPRABullet said:

I have a question about upgrading shocks to alloy bodied versions.  I've got an Associated MT10 and it handles fine to be honest but I'd like to upgrade the plastic shocks.  Could you suggest where I could get some?  is it just a matter of making sure the oberall length is the same as originals?

You’ll find plenty on EBay in 90mm,100 etc just measure the length of your shocks 👍

3 hours ago, tomr said:

Picked up a new body for Quantum 👍 

The colours on the original body are a bit much for my taste .

Think I’ll dye the wheels black when I get time .

67031B01-AFE3-4D9E-ADD5-5053B1C5A9DE.thumb.jpeg.f8f24667e2d20034646d3b25355f7357.jpeg

E43D4088-09E7-46B5-A0E3-45EDB29680CC.thumb.jpeg.496e7b5b5308dfbf01356f0321731aa1.jpeg

B5D23854-1936-4CC7-B59A-6B3DBACE26E6.thumb.jpeg.4e447840a3c843075a756ef47807fe44.jpeg

Oh my lord in heaven (not my first choice of expression but would not bypass filter)..........i am gobsmacked that body looks like it was so meant to go on that chassis, i may well be hitting the check out for this rig after all, but not till i get back from holiday in llandudno (yes will be ragging the cars on great orme)...........correct about the wheels, they are nice but dont work with that shell, please let me know how easy the shell was to fit and also will this rig do slow happily, nice one looks so cool 

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Oh my lord in heaven (not my first choice of expression but would not bypass filter)..........i am gobsmacked that body looks like it was so meant to go on that chassis, i may well be hitting the check out for this rig after all, but not till i get back from holiday in llandudno (yes will be ragging the cars on great orme)...........correct about the wheels, they are nice but dont work with that shell, please let me know how easy the shell was to fit and also will this rig do slow happily, nice one looks so cool 

Massive improvement I really didn’t like the stock body colours .It does look pretty good doesn’t it ,tempted to buy a Raptor shell now ....probably wait as I hate the whole cutting and painting carry on .

Super easy to fit just a couple of slots to cut at the front so it sits over the bumper support ,lower the the body mounts and it was good to go .

Definitely going to dye the wheels ASAP 

The truck will go slow but it does cog a little bit if you try to go too slow ,going down 2-3 teeth on the pinion should sort that though 👍
Hope you do end up getting one,it’s a bit lonely in here 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomr said:

Massive improvement I really didn’t like the stock body colours .It does look pretty good doesn’t it ,tempted to buy a Raptor shell now ....probably wait as I hate the whole cutting and painting carry on .

Super easy to fit just a couple of slots to cut at the front so it sits over the bumper support ,lower the the body mounts and it was good to go .

Definitely going to dye the wheels ASAP 

The truck will go slow but it does cog a little bit if you try to go too slow ,going down 2-3 teeth on the pinion should sort that though 👍
Hope you do end up getting one,it’s a bit lonely in here 😂

In your honest opinion would you say its a worthwhile purchase, as i am very serious about getting one, seem to remember i linked to it and you bought it

36 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

In your honest opinion would you say its a worthwhile purchase, as i am very serious about getting one, seem to remember i linked to it and you bought it

You certainly did mate 👍

As a really cheap brushless truck for light bashing,similar to my vid I’d say yes .For the money it’s performed  great on 2s,it’s fast and has held up fine except for the rear turnbuckles that I’ve fixed (for £3.99) ,you’ve probably already seen a few post’s up .

Its not not the ultimate basher but hey,it’s £159  delivered.I don’t think it would  fare to well for 3s bashing but if you’re going to use it like say I do in my vid,it’ll do just fine .
I bought it for some cheap fun,I wasn’t expecting much from it but was pleasantly surprised,hence treating it to a new body 😁
If you’re not expecting  £300+ Skate park type  durability from It then I reckon it’ll be just the job .
Spares are cheap and Stock has started to arrive at Modelsport UK 👍

• Like 1

status elevated to "in cart" but have to wait to checkout as not here to take the parcel, of course the proline ford F100 is also available un- painted for the original look, however the black painted does look cool and is good value

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

status elevated to "in cart" but have to wait to checkout as not here to take the parcel, of course the proline ford F100 is also available un- painted for the original look, however the black painted does look cool and is good value

Nice one mate 👍  Looking forward to seeing what you do with the body ,I couldn’t find the black one in stock anywhere probably a good thing as think the body holes are pre-drilled for the stampede ? 

14 minutes ago, tomr said:

Nice one mate 👍  Looking forward to seeing what you do with the body ,I couldn’t find the black one in stock anywhere probably a good thing as think the body holes are pre-drilled for the stampede ? 

so you painted the shell yourself, there was me thinking it was the new pre painted one

3 minutes ago, tomr said:

Yeah it was an un-painted one ,it looks black in the pics but it’s actually metallic graphite 

nice, i see wheelspin models sell black spare wheels for the maverick £7 a pair just wheels no tyres,  i do have a set of MT wheels with tyres  in black that may fit. subbed to your YT channel

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

having a bit of a wobble (good at that) been measuring up and looks like that body will fit my nearly new carnage 2.0, and the carnage has proved to be pretty good for a budget rig

Go for it mate,both are budget rigs anyway so doesn’t make much difference. Stick a cheapy Brushless combo in The carnage and it’ll be great and save you a good chunk of cash 👍