• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

Hi

So long as they’re all the same, haha!

Thanks for letting me know that. I really am seriously impressed with the way this gets about it’s business.

I just need to look at centre diff fluid now, to tame the front tyre ballooning. 

Have to add that we have no idea how fast the XTR covers the ground, other than it is markedly faster than our Rival MT10 running on 3s.

Thanks Again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had a blast with the Kronos  😁 ran it on 6s with 11t pinion, maybe  still a tad over geared, crazy top end . Think I’ll stick a 10t  in .

Wing washers pulled through the bolts, pretty standard for anything with a wing 😬 fitted a couple of  steel washers , if it goes again I’ll order the wheelie bar .

Also stripped a tooth from two of the steering servo gears which stopped play, possibly my fault running the saver too tight . Managed to rotate the damaged gears 180* so it’s good to go again in the morning 👍 

Ordered a couple of JX eco boost 35kg servos 

35663EB9-D82F-4276-886F-C98234457F08.thumb.jpeg.20470cedffd21d10a8b7261aad4006e2.jpeg124358E0-83E0-421C-99F8-18FD46BFE09C.thumb.jpeg.56580f819cc0b795c81d4e4bedac6c75.jpeg

• Like 2

that was very interesting mate enjoyed watching it lol  :rofl:

even on 4s its hard to keep front wheels down and im using this on both my Kronos and Shogun :good:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=445488

there is a single wheel version as well but i do prefer the twin wheel setup :cheers:

• Like 1

@Stormbringer I was going to wait and see if the wing comes off again but it’s a knocking bet it will, seeing how I’ve ordered those nice alloy wing washers I think I’ll order that bar.

Have you bent or had any probs with the wheelie bar Storms? It looks a pretty solid design from the pics 

I havnt ran em since i put it on lol but they feel solid mate :good:

but i did cut the composite  wing mounts off 

The bits marked in red are what i removed but im not sure i actually had to do that lol :rofl:

f98pdYh.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had the XTR out in the sun!

Great fun until my skills ran out and I ripped a front wheel off in a tumble, again. It did last into the 3rd battery, so not too bad?

New CVD and steering block required.

I’m starting to get a little frustrated with the weakness of the pivot ball assembly, it spoils a great driving rc imho. It seems that I never get a run without a failure and I don’t do jumps!

Will Corally ever make some stronger steering parts or does anybody know if there is anything in the aftermarket available? Already tried Arrma pillow balls with no success.

Cheers

Hi

That’s  good to know!!

I’ve been getting close to pulling the electronics and looking for something that stays together, though I’ve no idea what that might be.

It works for what I do, just love the way it drives on the local terrain, except for the fact it needs repair after virtually every run and usually for the same reason.

I don’t do big jumps or stunts, all flatland, 4s only. It should do better?

Our Associated MT10 puts it to shame in the reliability stakes.

Thanks for the eye’s up.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, our XTR ate three 4s batteries today and never missed a beat.

What a car it is, fantastic performance and handling!

Running a Hobbywing Max8/2200 combo and hard Corally springs, the springs make quite a difference.

While I have nothing to compare it to directly, it’s hard to imagine anything better when it is working.

Come on Team Corally, get those upgraded parts to us!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello

The 6-8 weeks has just about passed, impatient as I am!

Is there any news about the stronger steering parts, I don’t do social media so have to ask for help.

The Kronos has been behaving recently though.

Sorry to be a pain.

Cheers

Steve

ok Stefan (the owner I think) said "The fix is done, the original hubs we have as spare parts are ok. We also made a new design hub, which we approved this week and which we start production next week. Takes 1 week for shooting and 4 weeks for the material to settle after injecting."

OMG, that’s another 6-8 weeks before any prospect of order/delivery!

I contend that the original hubs are weak and prone to failure.

Thanks for your help Darren!!

Edited by SWF
Are

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, read through this thread a bit and just wondering if anyone has the XTR https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/1336166 and what it was like durability wise when jumping (bmx track?) I've had feedback about it from stormbringer and yrkoon in the Hyper thread as i'm torn between getting one of these or a Hyper ST conversion at the minute as they would be around the same price! (I know about the pivot ball issue) or would i be better off looking at something else around the £400 mark?

Align trex have the roller for £315 but the code ends tomorrow (23rd) so i need to make a decision about it pretty quick lol

Edited by Scottyb

Hi Scottyb

I’ve had an XTR since April. It really is a great rc when it’s working and other than the pillow balls is quite reliable. My chassis is perfectly straight and the body still in decent nick, and there is a spare body included.

The pillow balls can pop in very minor tumbles, but they also take some big hits without breaking, you just don’t know? I don’t do big jumps or skate park bashing with it.

I’ve tried Arrma pivot balls but it made no difference for me.

Other than steering blocks, which have to be changed once a ball pops out, popping pillow balls has caused bent front driveshafts, cracked cvd’s and broken steering rod ends. Not every time, just on 2 occasions.

The only other things have been wheel bearings due to getting wet, a leaking front shock, shattered wing and drooping front springs. The wing and springs were replaced under warranty. I don’t think that’s a great deal of issues in the time I’ve had it.

I recently had an email from Corally saying that new steering blocks are using an improved material and are no longer considered to be weak, though they retain the same part number so you have no idea if you are getting the “better” parts or not! They added that there is a redesigned part coming at the end of September, but these have been “6 to 8 weeks” away since the end of April so I’m not holding my breath for those.

If or when Corally deliver the stronger steering blocks, the Kronos will be a solid and reliable RC. 

The Kronos is great but has a weakness. When it’s fixed it’ll just be great!

Cheers

Steve

15 minutes ago, SWF said:

Hi Scottyb

I’ve had an XTR since April. It really is a great rc when it’s working and other than the pillow balls is quite reliable. My chassis is perfectly straight and the body still in decent nick, and there is a spare body included.

The pillow balls can pop in very minor tumbles, but they also take some big hits without breaking, you just don’t know? I don’t do big jumps or skate park bashing with it.

I’ve tried Arrma pivot balls but it made no difference for me.

Other than steering blocks, which have to be changed once a ball pops out, popping pillow balls has caused bent front driveshafts, cracked cvd’s and broken steering rod ends. Not every time, just on 2 occasions.

The only other things have been wheel bearings due to getting wet, a leaking front shock, shattered wing and drooping front springs. The wing and springs were replaced under warranty. I don’t think that’s a great deal of issues in the time I’ve had it.

I recently had an email from Corally saying that new steering blocks are using an improved material and are no longer considered to be weak, though they retain the same part number so you have no idea if you are getting the “better” parts or not! They added that there is a redesigned part coming at the end of September, but these have been “6 to 8 weeks” away since the end of April so I’m not holding my breath for those.

If or when Corally deliver the stronger steering blocks, the Kronos will be a solid and reliable RC. 

The Kronos is great but has a weakness. When it’s fixed it’ll just be great!

Cheers

Steve

Thanks, the only thing that worries me about it is the balls popping and breaking stuff. I've had my VSe since about June i think and been using it at a bmx track jumping 12-15 feet in the air and the only thing that's ever broke was a lower front hinge pin and that's it!
I just want something that can take that sort of abuse and not send me home ****** off and waiting for parts. That's what REALLY annoyed me with the FTX and completely put me off the brand as a whole.
It will be my one and only RC so don't want to be spending more time wrenching on it than taking it out

Edited by Scottyb

Hi

My opinion of course, but based on what has broken my XTR, without perfect landings or the promised upgraded parts fixing the weak steering blocks, the Kronos will break doing 12 to 15 ft jumps.

It drives superbly, but in their current form are more race truck than skate park basher.

Fingers crossed, that will be sorted next week, but I doubt even then that it will be reliable coming down from 12 to 15 feet?

I do watch people give these are hard time, bigpoppapaul for example,  and they must be much better drivers than me, as they look to have few issues.

Cheers