• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another SCX 10 II Raw Builder’s Kit build

5 hours ago, RC_County_Crawler said:

Got myself booked in at the Herts RC Club crawler course on Friday. Myself and my daughter’s bf - he’s got the FTX Outback - will be honing what little crawler skills we have. It’s had a few tumbles in the woods close to where I live too, so you’ll be glad to hear the paintwork has a few running-in scratches.

Enjoy yourself at the crawler track, spent all day there today, lots of fun. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RC_County_Crawler said:

Got myself booked in at the Herts RC Club crawler course on Friday. Myself and my daughter’s bf - he’s got the FTX Outback - will be honing what little crawler skills we have. It’s had a few tumbles in the woods close to where I live too, so you’ll be glad to hear the paintwork has a few running-in scratches.

Take a photgrapher with you please! I want to see tons of pictures of this beaut!

Isn't that where @CarlC goes?

EDIT: Didn't read all of it, Carl does go there, lol. Have a great time:)

Edited by DartmoorTrails
Being a dunce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

That is a gorgeous shell and looks great mounted on the chassis. The kind of thing I might aim for and fall well short! Really like what you did with the chrome. Enjoy!

Thanks. Really pleased with how the chrome came out, especially the bonnet.

Thought I’d give this build a bit of an upgrade. Don’t think I’ll go with the Samix weights & brass knuckles together right now, so I’ll just install the knuckles.
Looking forward to seeing how the Desert Lizard shocks perform

c88f6f3ab98034196f19456be00c3ffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was looking at them internal shocks for my scx10 but they seemed to have less travel than the stock shocks. They were listed as having 19mm travel vs 28mm travel on the stock shocks. I do like the look of them though, can you measure the travel please?