• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Freestyle RC ZEI Scale Monster Truck Chassis Kit

53HRA

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

It’s 1/10 scale, so same size as the SMT10, motor wise it will take a 540/550 👍 

Oh lmao. Expected 6s 2200kv lol Nevermind.

Looks cool, Id take out the driver and interior etc, but Im beginning to think this isnt aimed at someone like me

Edited by Guns

Be interesting to see what gearbox and axles are a drop-in fit - the axles pictured have some pretty specific hardware to attach the kit's links to;

20200516_080326_2048x2048.jpg.bb907203d8587c0f84a73ea324ef9f3d.jpg

Link to their own axle

https://freestyle-rc.com/products/axles?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=3563890999359&pr_ref_pid=2004385628223&pr_seq=uniform

And even then you need Traxxas innards 😜

Capture_grande.png?v=1571439711

Edited by TWINSET

I know i'm perpetually a tight arse.... but surely it's not just me that sees this as massively overpriced?  Some pretty straightforward carbon, alu parts and run of the mill plastics.

the axles are $420 and you can see how many people have bought them! crazy stuff. i presume you get both a front and rear for that? 

if you add up the cost of build vanquish axles they are not far off if not more as well. 

maybe he does want to make loads and spend all day machining, so he puts the price up :P maybe he has to pay someone else to make them and he just designs them.  

by the time you bought a set of axles, chassis , wheels and tyres thats basically $1000. lol 

Edited by Jumper