• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK-Forums Favourite Basher Nominations

Nick

We want to find out what MSUK-Forum's favourite bashing model is, based on our communities vote.

Nominate what your favourite bashing model is, this can be anything out of the box, for strength or just novelty... MT, buggy, nitro/electric/petrol, truggy, old or new...

Once we have a set of nominations, myself and the other staff will sort them into a knockout voting system, pair them up, head to head, you vote which goes through to the next round, until we have the MSUK-Forums Best Basher!

So what models would YOU nominate as the ultimate basher? :)

• Nominations so far:
  • Traxxas Slash 4x4
  • Traxxas Summit
  • HoBao Hyper 7
  • Arrma Senton 6s
  • Tamiya Konghead
  • HPI Firestorm
  • Tamiya Lunchbox
  • Absima ab3.4
  • HPI Firestorm
  • Traxxas X-Maxx
  • Arrma Granite 3S
  • Tekno MT410
  • GV Cage
  • Kyosho Inferno VE Readyset
  • Tamiya Hornet 
  • HPI Trophy Truggy
  • Traxxas Trx4,
  • Axial scx10
  • Losi 5t
  • Tamiya  tt01
  • Savage XL
  • HPI WR8

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

Senton, definitely. Only broken rear body posts, despite multiple crashes and tumbles. 

Do you prefer it to Slash 4x4? I'm interested, loved the Slash, no experience with Senton.

Good nominations.

Are you gong to have different price categories?

I only ask as I'd probably nominate something like the Tamiya Lunchbox, which has been a mainstay basher for around 30 years and still available today. And despite modern vehicles massively surpassing it in outright ability, it is still as enjoyable as ever. However...... if budget didn't matter, could I truly claim it is a better basher than a £1000 Losi/Traxxas/Arrma? Probably not. However I have never owned, nor driven a £1000 large scale RC vehicle, which I suspect may be more the norm for most hobbyists.

Two more votes from me, although only owned/driven one of them:

-Tamiya Konghead

-HPI Firestorm

58 minutes ago, Nick said:

Do you prefer it to Slash 4x4? I'm interested, loved the Slash, no experience with Senton.

Good nominations.

The Senton trumps the Slash in all categories; big tough shocks, not broken an arm or tower, oversize drive-train, thicker tougher bodyshell, better electrical items, large battery box etc. The list is long. 

Loved the Slash, but had to spend extra on arms, nerf bars and CVDs. The diffs held up, I mention that because being a Traxxas it's quite rare to not have repeated diff failures. 

On 01/12/2019 at 10:20, 300bhp/ton said:

Are you gong to have different price categories?

I only ask as I'd probably nominate something like the Tamiya Lunchbox, which has been a mainstay basher for around 30 years and still available today. And despite modern vehicles massively surpassing it in outright ability, it is still as enjoyable as ever. However...... if budget didn't matter, could I truly claim it is a better basher than a £1000 Losi/Traxxas/Arrma? Probably not. However I have never owned, nor driven a £1000 large scale RC vehicle, which I suspect may be more the norm for most hobbyists.

Two more votes from me, although only owned/driven one of them:

-Tamiya Konghead

-HPI Firestorm

Any price. I've relabelled it more as "favourite basher" as someone could enjoy a Lunchbox for the novelty, or a Senton for strength and power. The Lunchbox has great novelty and some might favour it over a HPI Baja for example, it will all come down to the knockout voting. :) We'll pair them with similar models in the first round.

• Like 1

Absima ab3.4

It's so cheap that you don't have to worry about breaking it, all the important components are so flexible that they wont break easily and when they do the parts are super cheap. I got the kit and dumped a bl system in it and it cost me a total of about £140. Which is amazing for a brushless buggy.  It shares lots of parts with the hsp xstr so there's a huge aftermarket support for it too

You don't have to baby it at all even if you've got a low budget 👍

Edited by fnknan

After 2 years of bashing wiht the locals and seeing alot of different rcs take a pounding /abuse my vote goes to the arma outcast seen it put through some crazy stunts and always comes back for more hell it even out bashed my savvy xl !! id say a close second was the xmaxx but for stock out of the box and price value the outcast is the truck i always recommend for crazy bashing :)

PS miss that track faffs such a fun circuit up there :)

Edited by Bajadre
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

After 2 years of bashing wiht the locals and seeing alot of different rcs take a pounding /abuse my vote goes to the arma outcast seen it put through some crazy stunts and always comes back for more hell it even out bashed my savvy xl !! id say a close second was the xmaxx but for stock out of the box and price value the outcast is the truck i always recommend for crazy bashing :)

PS miss that track faffs such a fun circuit up there :)

Good shout on the Outcast Dre it is tough. That being said I did break or bend something on it everytime we went out pretty much. But then 50ft triple backflips will do that 🤣🤣🤣 it did take a serious beating. Just waiting on some new lipos then will get out for a bash with the new Senton mate. 

• Like 1