• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How good are Arrma?

Blacknsilver

Hi
For me it’s mixed feelings on them.
Generally they are really good.
I have a Senton 3S And my son has a granite 3S
They do seem to have a few problems out of the box.
The Senton servo kept locking right and you would lose the car in the bushes.
Sending it back it was all fixed under warranty. New servos.
Then motor threw its bearings.
New motor.
Then did it again. Sent back again, all under warranty
Serviced motor and all running fine.
The granite was sent back after 1 day as well.
Kept cutting out with the heat cutoff.
Problem was, it wasn’t even warm.
Also was eating batteries at a crazy rate.
All warranty covered though.
Got it back and with new esc and motor out in it’s doing it again.
My lad is really down. It was a birthday present.
So in my opinion the electrics aren’t really that impressive. Now running the Senton with 120A Schumacher ESC’s and they are great with no problems.
The shocks aren’t the best and three of mine have been leaking for the last month. But it gets jumped loads.
On a plus side
I’ve jumped the Senton over and over to heights of about 6-8 feet and it takes a beating and keeps on trucking.
It was run over a couple of months back by a full fat Range Rover front and back wheels crushed it and the owner had to reverse off it so I could pick it up.
Apart from a broken wheel and body post, the only damage was a bent turnbuckle and a few more cracks in the body.
So yes “Arrma Tough” is a decent slogan and fairly true.
They are fast. 40-50 mph out the box on 3S.
The granite wheelies constantly when putting down the power hard. It can also jump. Do back flips and is capable of crawling over pretty big obstacles.
Hope that’s of help.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

• Like 2

They're good trucks. Not much better or worse than, for example, Traxxas. 

In the top five of all things considered, they're probably the best brand out there. Do not mistake this: they're not building the best trucks out there. But: they're reasonably priced. For example, one of the best "low slung MTs" out there is the Tekno MT410. The problem here is, the MT410 Kit without any electrics, body, wheels etc is already the same price as a fully RTR Kraton. 

They're probably the best (of course, that's also subjective) if you take price into the consideration. On itself? They're good, but there's plenty of better stuff out there - but that's usually considerably more expensive. 

Have had experience of a fair few different brand RC's over the decades and Arrma are my current favourite. Mine are built to go very fast as I speed run with them and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Arrma RC's. :thumbsup: 

Stock electronics on the majority of RTRs are poor at best, particularly servos. 

We're seeing better ESCs these days, less prone to venting. 

Radio kit is getting better with more functions each year. 

BL motors, not much to go wrong. 

Servos? The problem with fitting a top spec item in an RTR is cost, it would add too much to the list price. So for the foreseeable we'll keep getting mid range quality at best. 

That's just my view, I'm open to other opinions. 

On 10/11/2019 at 20:25, mydoddy69 said:

My FTX  and Tamiyas never break either 🤣👍

That's probably because they pootle along at half the speed and weigh 1/3rd of my Talion or they sit on the shelf lol. I don't break my Tamiyas either but they are certainly not as durable as Arrma.

Strange comment really......they don't compare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCpete said:

That's probably because they pootle along at half the speed and weigh 1/3rd of my Talion or they sit on the shelf lol. I don't break my Tamiyas either but they are certainly not as durable as Arrma.

Strange comment really......they don't compare.

I was taking the piddle fella 

I think no matter what brand you have people expect more then what the car can delivery out the box, they see YouTubers sending them in the air with no breakages, and think they can do the same out the box, and that is simply not the case with any brand (maybe an xmaxx) so always bare in mind anything out of the box will generally break if you sending it to the moon.

I've owned my Notorious 6 months, having upgraded it to pretty much the max it is now an animal, and lasted 5 hours without a breakage and was sending it everywhere! 30ft. No problems the car eats it for breakfast and wants more.

Firstly never had any issues with the BLX 185 AMAZING SYSTEM imo for a ready to run! Only down side to these is the BEC which only runs at 6v 

Out of the box, they are good, for the general basher, but due to the plastic Chassis braces that come as stock,they allow to much flex in the chassis. it's a ticking time bomb before you bend the chassis, if you just like small jumps and blasting shouldn't be a problem.

So if you are thinking of a 6s these are the things to consider. 

The 3s..... 😬 I'm not a fan, they are good performing trucks, but... Seem (for me) a pain in the arse to work on.. centre diff is replaced by a slipper clutch which is a pain to set right, 

All been said arrma are an amazing brand.lots of support, and aftermarket parts are available... Parts support is also good. Better then it was a few years ago so I'm told. 

Hope this helps 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

They seem very good so no doubt Traxxas will probably try and sue them again. Difficult  to know whether to invest in them as no doubt they'll go bankrupt soon for using wheels.

Edited by Nickarla

• 2 weeks later...

I may be slightly biased but I like the quality hence I bought it - I wish they would offer BND models as the transmitters they include are not my favourite - apart from that I am happy with my Kraton 8S/Granite BLX. On the Kraton I have replaced the bearings for sealed ones but that was it at the moment, I dont send it like others hence I probably havent seen as much issues with it as others who drive it to the max - however comparing to Traxxas it seems their spares are  generally more expensive but I have never owned a Traxxas so I can really speak to that but I see more plastic parts from stock ...