• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

400A ESC CAR 12S LiPo R-Snake + Program-Box for 1/5 ???

Hamza123

Hi,

I was thinking of getting 400A ESC CAR 12S LiPo R-Snake + Program-Box for 1/5 esc for my 1/5 scale.( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400A-ESC-CAR-12S-LiPo-R-Snake-Program-Box-for-1-5-Brushless-Motor-2028-58XX/262948634980?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649).  

Has anybody heard of this esc or had it before? 

I think they are made by a Chinese OEM, I saw a couple of Chinese websites selling very similar looking ESC.

here is a example made by Flier - and the software is identical to the alien programing software

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Controller-esc-16S-400A-For-brushless-motor-rc-racing-car/513485_32383025031.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.117320af6MmjkZ

I only when with the Alien as they had PayPal and where UK based so if it was useless I could return it.

35 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

I think they are made by a Chinese OEM, I saw a couple of Chinese websites selling very similar looking ESC.

here is a example made by Flier - and the software is identical to the alien programing software

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Controller-esc-16S-400A-For-brushless-motor-rc-racing-car/513485_32383025031.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.117320af6MmjkZ

I only when with the Alien as they had PayPal and where UK based so if it was useless I could return it.

How was it.  Did you run 12s on it?

I had an Alien, it didn't last and is now gathering dust as I never got around to doing anything with it. 

Drive-wise it was smooth off the line, but the brakes were a nightmare, the slightest dab of brakes and the ESC would jolt the drive-train as it "searched" for the rotor. I thought this odd being sensorless, but what do I know? :boredlook:

Probably won't try it again. I'm still hoping Hobbywing will release a high voltage ESC. 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

I had an Alien, it didn't last and is now gathering dust as I never got around to doing anything with it. 

Drive-wise it was smooth off the line, but the brakes were a nightmare, the slightest dab of brakes and the ESC would jolt the drive-train as it "searched" for the rotor. I thought this odd being sensorless, but what do I know? :boredlook:

Probably won't try it again. I'm still hoping Hobbywing will release a high voltage ESC. 

what size lipo did you use with it and which esc model was this? 

ESC - has issues as tug described - not perfect but I don't know if there have been any firmware updates as I have not played with mine since last year.

Programing box I failed at getting it to work / save settings I got the manual from Alien but didn't try again. (its on the to-do list)

here's a run video

also might be worth asking saviown and toddfg - they both had alien esc and other large scale esc if I remember correctly

toddfg  got a flier ESC, have to ask him how he got on with it

also might be worth asking saviown and toddfg - they both had alien esc and other large scale esc if I remember correctly

toddfg  got a flier ESC, have to ask him how he got on with it

I’ve got the flier, alien and mgm not used any of them yet, saviown has used the flier with good results, don’t bother with the castle as it’s a waste of time for anything other than a 2wd baja, max5 was impressive though powered my xs5 well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-version-RC-Racing-brushless-16S-20S-22S-380A-RC-truck-ESC-speed-controller-with-programming/513485_32787000394.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.zquYuX

this works very well in my mcd mt and buggy, brakes are ott! had to turn down from 100% to 50%, reverse works well, also, I heard a rumour that hobbywing are developing a 12s esc, don't know anymore details than that.   

14 hours ago, Hamza123 said:

Hi,

I was thinking of getting 400A ESC CAR 12S LiPo R-Snake + Program-Box for 1/5 esc for my 1/5 scale.( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400A-ESC-CAR-12S-LiPo-R-Snake-Program-Box-for-1-5-Brushless-Motor-2028-58XX/262948634980?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649).  

Has anybody heard of this esc or had it before? 

They are made by flier, R-Snake is one of their customers, he/flier do a 500 amp esc, too close ££ wise to an mgm

13 hours ago, rushboy2004 said:

look very similar to the alien ESC

http://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/esc/car-esc/

The program box is identical to the one for my alien ESC

the look the same but are different, I have the alien and flier boxes, tried to program the alie with the flier box but didn't work, Bruno from alien said different software

• 1 year later...

I've always loved my Castle ESCs, excellent drive profiles, smooth as silk, a warranty that does what it should and let's not forget the ability to count all cell-counts, even odd cell-counts!

Interesting to see their price-point if it's actually happening.