• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Redline rc?

NOFX

Anyone ordered from redline rc? I ordered an associated sc28 fox edition at the end of February.  I was told they'd made a mistake at their end & it'd be delivered a couple of days late. " Fair enough " I thought. But it's a couple of weeks & I've just had a Google & the only redline rc I can find sell torches :boredlook:. It's through PayPal, so I'll get my money back. But that's not the point... I've been waiting for it & now they've disappeared. 

I had a look on ebay last night , couldnt find em. I'll  email em in a bit. The distributor ( cml) state they'll not have the sc28 fox edition until tomorrow :boredlook:.  

Emailed em early afternoon. They ain't bothered to even reply. I'll email em again in the morning & tell em to do a refund. 14 x the time they told me it'd be late ain't on to me. Cml' ll have em tomorrow (according to their website), so I'll order it from the ever reliable modelsport  . Should get it by the 20th.( my birfday :D ) .

On 14/03/2018 at 00:20, NOFX said:

Anyone ordered from redline rc? I ordered an associated sc28 fox edition at the end of February.  I was told they'd made a mistake at their end & it'd be delivered a couple of days late. " Fair enough " I thought. But it's a couple of weeks & I've just had a Google & the only redline rc I can find sell torches :boredlook:. It's through PayPal, so I'll get my money back. But that's not the point... I've been waiting for it & now they've disappeared. 

Stopped replying to emails now.   Oh well. I'll set PayPal on em & leave crappy reviews warning people that they sell stuff they don't have in stock , or won't have in stock for weeks :boredlook:.

Still no replies. So I'm missing my birfday present now. I wish they were local. I'd pay em a visit & wander out the door with something.  See how they like being stolen from :boredlook:

• 1 year later...

Probably away for the new year, I’ve had a similar problem with a 1/1 car part supplier, ordered some bits the weekend before Xmas and had a due date of fri/sat, them days come and go, so I message the seller and they say they are on holiday till the 6th and won’t shipped till then.... A bit annoying as I wanted to use some of my free time over the new year to work on the 1/1.... 

I stopped faffing around with these kinds of shops. Call them, tell them that in the next 5 days you either get your item, or a full refund - or you'll refund through paypal/open a case. 

If they don't pick up, send them an eMail with the same message. Then you wait 5 days - and if nothing happens, refund through paypal and open a case with eBay. You're very clearly not the only one having the same problem. 

The problem with "i'll give em a bit longer" is that things won't improve and the next guy has the same problem. It's understandable if they're away for the christmas holidays etc (if they announce it, like any half decent shop does) - but that doesn't seem to be the case with this shop. Just my personal opinion. Might be different if it were a unique incident, but looking at their reviews, it's not. 

• Like 1

I guess your right just read some of the reviews so I’m not alone, it’s not so much what the shop stocks availability price but how they respond when something happens, I hope my experience is better but I think I will give them a wide birth next time I’m ordering something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's plenty other shops in the UK too for things. I don't know what you specifically ordered, though. Wheelspin, Kingslynn, Modelsport, there's plenty of reputable shops out there. 

• Like 1

I've only made one purchase from them on eBay. Dispatch was slow (around 3 days) and then another 4 days delivery.

Bear in mind, this time of year some businesses/eBay stores might not re-open until the 6th Jan.

• Like 1

I've bought a lot from Redline RC, their shipping is a tad slow but never had a problem.  I'm waiting for something to be delivered at the moment, it was ordered on the 2nd Jan and I was advised up to the 8th for delivery, I think it mentioned the 'shop' was closed for a period.

I don't think they hold a lot of stock, quite often they source it from the distributor once you place the order.  They have often sourced parts I couldn't get elsewhere and I've never had a problem with communication.

• Like 1