• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Sale

El Dougo

43 minutes ago, Guns said:

And me :) what electrics you going for?

I have an Orion 1750kv long can and a 120 amp SCT pro (4s) sitting on the parts shelf but I will probably end up pulling the Max 8 and 2200kv out of my Losi Ten SCTE for some 6s fun :) 

I noticed that it comes with optional 6s diffs, perhaps that's part of there "updated kit" !?  Minimal research conducted on my part, was too keen to get the order in before they sell out :D

I am a bit of speed freak and I doubt that the 1750kv on 4s (motors rated max voltage) will be enough, assuming that your planing on running the 1600kv on 6s?   I want mine to be good for around 60Mph.

Can you link to the motor you chose ?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

I noticed that it comes with optional 6s diffs, perhaps that's part of there "updated kit" !?  Minimal research conducted on my part, was too keen to get the order in before they sell out :D

I am a bit of speed freak and I doubt that the 1750kv on 4s (motors rated max voltage) will be enough, assuming that your planing on running the 1600kv on 6s?   I want mine to be good for around 60Mph.

Thanks

From what research I've done, this has buggy diffs with truggy tyres so performs very well on long high torque low kv motors even on 3s/4s. Its not like other Truggies in terms of internal gearing. I don't think you would need to go for that many RPM to get to 60mph, its more about the length of can and torque.

Im running 4S and the motor I've got is only rated to 5s, that said Ive ran on 6s with them before

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-GoolRC-High-Performance-4082-1600KV-4-Poles-Brushless-Sensorless-A3A2/183060047895?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by Guns
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, El Dougo said:

Thanks

The only update from the old model is softer tyre rubber compound, Different diff oil and a wing supports stronger, Other than that it's the same, And the truck on the RTR 1400KV motor is a rocket of a truck on 4s.

Ordered a Turnigy Reaktor 300W 20A charger and parallel board, along with a few other bits. I keep putting the Berserker kit in my basket but the missus would divorce me if I got another RC so soon after the Outcastbut but I'm very tempted to get one

1 hour ago, RCbutcher said:

Its an everything must go sale. Any news why? That's shutting down talk. 

Considering the stock they actually carry 5500 items isn't that much, especially when a lot of it is stuff not many need/want.

I'd say it's just a clearout sale, or it'd be every item they stock.

Yeah a lot of it is props and screws etc so probably just clearing old stock. They need to speak to their I.T department site is slow as hell.

So come on share your bargains!

Edited by stretch