• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The One that got away.

Rover Man

2 spring to mind.

Mardave Meteor and AYK Bobcat.

The Meteor I sold for something like £37. The Bobcat got passed on to a family member in the early 90's for free. No idea of his whereabouts, probably binned the Bobcat a long time ago.

Regrets, I have a few, but then too few to mention.... :) 

Biggest regret is definitely my first rc which was a Tamiya Sand Scorcher in 1979/80. I was the sad kid who bought it off the cool kid when it was no longer cool to have, but I was chuffed to bits... sold it a couple of years later to fund and air rifle! 

Edited by Carpmart

Hmmm, tough to pinpoint just one.. I do regret selling the Grand Hauler I had, mainly because I got it so cheaply and I was too lazy to try and figure out all the electrical gubbins it had on it.

I also regret selling the last Baja, because I had spent so much on it and had taken so long to get it exactly as I wanted it.

I'd say the Baja overall, but the Grand Hauler is a very close second.

My YZ870c Dogfighter which I ran around 89-90, when for a good sized 4wd buggy meeting you'd get 50-60 Schumacher CAT's of various forms, a handful of Kyosho Optima Mids (later Lazer's) and my sole Yokomo. 

At one point I got to meet Yokomo's star driver and RC legend Masami Hirosaka (think it was a Reedy Race) who signed the custom made top deck with a gold paint pen. He also gave me his prototype Yokomo charger because my Schumacher charger literally went up in smoke. 

I miss both the car and the charger. I know I sold the charger about 10 years back when I went lipo, and regretted it immediately. I don't recall ever selling the Yokomo, but I don't have it anymore so I guess it was lost to the ravages of time - or its buried in the chaos that is the loft at what was once my parents but now my brothers house. 

Mine would definitely be my losi 5ive-t, got it all just so but damned diminishing health meant I struggled getting it from house to van.

never failed to give that childish giggle as it flew past.... :insane:

Also regret selling my new built Tamiya madcap, first real Rc I ever had so had this as a shelfer but sold it for peanuts.

there is loads others but to to be honest, the house would be full of them now if I had of kept them....

Well, I regret selling anything and everything rc related. I'm not kidding I would have it all back in a heart beat especially my kyosho GP MANTIS mini cooper bleedin loved that..... my X when she became my X slung it in the bin while I was away at my camp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really missed any of mine, have kept the one's I wanted.

Saying that, I've always wanted the Hyper10 back. Not sure why, maybe it was just how short my ownership was, no chance for it cause me a headache. I bought it spares/repair for an ex-work colleague for his step kid, sorted it all out and sold it to him at cost. He ended up splitting up with his mrs before ever using it and afaik, it's still in the shed at the family home. He promised he'd grab it for me but for whatever reason never did. Although I 'owned' it for less than a fortnight, I really do want it back! :(

No regrets here!

I used to regret the sale of my first two hobby grade cars - a Tamiya FF-01 and DF-01 that I sold to fund a trip abroad. However it was on said trip that I met the wonderful woman who was later to become my wife, and she is very supportive of the hobby - she even runs a couple of RC cars and a boat herself.

Furthermore, she helped me build replicas of the two cars I sold, so now my fleet once again features a FF-01 and DF-01. And since this time they were built on a comfortable grown-up budget rather than an impoverished student one, they are even better than the originals!

• Like 1

I have non, only regrets about buying some of the cars I have had. Largely because i have only been in the hobby for a few years, and am still growing my collection I have only sold odd spares and bit's I no longer wanted.

I do regret having bought the Schumacher Supastox I had, as at the time I was thinking about getting into racing at my local club, but having bought it and all the electrics nothing really happened and I recently sold it again (In parts), but made a loss overall. And similar story with my Nitro Firestorm I am just selling at the moment. I got it wanting a firestorm and planning to convert it into an electric, but then I got a Speed Passion RS2 which was amazing, and basically the same as the firestorm but already electric. Hence I had no use for the nitro firestorm, and am now selling to make some money back, this time I think I will break even (Thankfully) but still not as good, and I would have been better off just not getting either of these cars.

Anyone else have others that they regret buying? as well as selling.

1 hour ago, Zannu said:

Anyone else have others that they regret buying? as well as selling.

My first nitro, a Carson something. Looked good and some nice bits but a pig to keep tuned (maybe my noobness) and parts were a nightmare. Bought it ready built from a lhs cos it looked the nuts....wrong route into nitro! Still got it, in bits, and have the memories...

Then theres the smartechs. All 3 were really a pos but they were cheap so hey ho. I warn people off smartechs after my experience. You live and learn!

• Like 1

My original rough rider and wild willy.  Family lore says they we're acquired and then spent some time buried in a relatives yard before we got them.  I had to move out at 18 as my mum was remarrying and moving in with her new husband - it was rough and fraught with issues at the shared house I moved into - I thus negated to ask what happened to all my 'stuff'.  It was tipped or given away - lots of lego technic, hornby trains and the two RC's.