• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

On 08/01/2023 at 20:30, Kpowell911 said:

I’m using one of these Power HD on HV, no problems so far. Famous last words!

Currently got some of these tyres on mine, sorry proline. Not sure they perform any better than the stock canyon trails but they look a bit more scale. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLGVUtU

I’ve got them mounted on some of these wheels with a slightly wider set of spacers fitted to clear the disc wheel weights I run them with. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPoJ7sI

C445A0C1-B706-4454-AC39-30FE9F38B050.thumb.jpeg.5ec4702b69f76c9a87bbff4f7245b718.jpeg

That’s the wheels fitted with some slightly smaller class 1 hyrax clones. These seem decent enough but the rubber wasn’t as nice as the other two and the smaller size did make the truck a little less capable. I think you can get them in a larger size if you look about. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNgw9MA

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

After some Alloy Beadlocks and maybe new tyres?

Any recommendations? Preferably Ali Express Banggood for the wheels? Tyres Im guessing ita Hyraxs?

Honestly the best tires are the traxxas ones, they are spot on. You really will not find better tires for cheap or expensive.  The compound is what matters and they just rock.

If your wanting a performance boost, look at 2 stage foams, helps with the side roll and keeps the tires upright when cornering, so flips less.

Edited by Redback
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

Honestly the best tires are the traxxas ones, they are spot on. You really will not find better tires for cheap or expensive.  The compound is what matters and they just rock.

If your wanting a performance boost, look at 2 stage foams, helps with the side roll and keeps the tires upright when cornering, so flips less.

Thanks mate. Guessing stockers are glued? We only find stock ones struggle is on damp rocks, but I guess all will?

41 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thanks mate. Guessing stockers are glued? We only find stock ones struggle is on damp rocks, but I guess all will?

Wet rocks yes, there are some premium 100£ tires that may like wet rocks but not really worth it imo.
Depends also on the rock, how much sands on the tires etc, for the most part the canyons are best all rounders and as they wear in they get better. You can also snipe them if you want more grip on dry rock.
Yes they are glued, unless you got the kit and never glued them. The cheapish fast trax alloys are very heavy and sit well on these and prolines. (heavyweight ones)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...