• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New scaler from Traxxas on the way?

Pistonhead

Just spotted this on Harley Designs Facebook page...

0cf10d84dc59c1afa78c93a05cc44444.jpg

Lights, 2 speed tranny, front motor and lockable diffs, and a lexan Defender body that actually looks good - thing is a scale Summit! I'm far from a Traxxas fan, but i love the look of this one.

• Like 2

Certainly a latecomer to the true crawler side of the hobby, that said, the hobby does seem to be more crawler oriented these days so you can't blame them for wanting some of the action.

Yes and no... It's a lexan body, so it's not really a scaler.

I like the 2 speed installed as standard, that, I will admit is neat, the problem will be, they'll try and charge a small fortune for it.

IF it's sub £300, then I can see the reason for it.

But as Alex said, being Traxxas, it's going to be £350+ easily and for that money, you can have a proper scaler from RC4WD.

I'll remain skeptical... If they compete with others on price, then yeah fair enough, but I bet it doesn't.

It's not really going to get others trying to innovate new things if they price it completely too high.

Axial will never try to compete with RC4WD, RC4WD will never try to compete with Vaterra, etc etc... If they release it as a scaler, at scaler price, I can't see a need.

Just my view, having owned most of 'em.

15 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Interesting, let's hope the ESC isn't a bomb waiting to go off lol

They will probably reuse the xl5 esc and titan motor which I've had in crawlers and other cars without issue.

Also the vid, nurnberg lol

Edited by stretch

At least it not a 2wd stampede or slash under the body.

I wonder if this a licensed body as it has land rover stamped on it.

3 servos micro servos - Summit style 2speed and locking diffs?

So being Traxxas it will be RTR, Waterproof, have there Sound Kit ?

I know people like to be negative but if this is a big hit for Traxxas and HPI have great success with scaler this will force RC4WD, Axial, etc to up there game even more which can only be a good thing.

I think we have to be careful that we don't confuse crazy UK Traxxas prices with prices in what is by far their largest market, the US (& Canada to a slightly lesser extent).

A Slash Platinum is 320 quid delivered to your door CONUS, while over here it's 429 quid... How much more (less?) expensive is it to ship an ISO container from Taiwan to the US compared to the UK?

I really don't know, but if I was new to the hobby and I could get a Slash 2wd RTR for 150 quid to my door I wouldn't be thinking traxxas products were over priced. Not cheap either, but I doubt you see too many yanks complaining about price on URC...

Edited by bertberr

Hmmm, if that's actually true, then this whole model is quite frankly a complete waste of time.

Yes it maybe nice to have locking diffs for some and all the rest of it, but that's nothing new, it's basically a mish mash of a few different models.

If it really does end up being nearly £500, I'd rather have an SCX10, with a decent electric combo and some change left over for some LiPos and probably still have change for paint and such like from that too!

• Like 1

Well, this has been confirmed, by someone who works for Traxxas as £495 when it hits the UK shelves in the near future, how much this person actually knows, remains to be seen, but if others have been saying it'll be nigh on £500 and this is Traxxas we're talking about, I fully believe it.

I must admit, I definitely got a laugh out of it when they said it.

Well done Traxxas, you've done worse on the pricing of this than you did with your Xmaxx customers :lol::lol:

If it was a hard body then there might be some cost there, but it's not. I fail to see how they can charge that much unless it comes with machined gears, full metal shocks and an aluminium ladder chassis as well as all the RTR stuff.