• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Apex models customer service

Rory

Ordered a couple of bits from apex on Thursday last week, expecting them to be posted the next day.  Paid 50p extra to get 1st class post in the hope of getting them for the weekend.

We are now on Tuesday and nothing has arrived so I email chasing it up.  Do I get a sorry for the delay?  

Nope.  I just get "your order is now dispatched".  Yeah thanks for the service.

same thing happened to me, but this was for my sons first RC for XMas!!!!! Safe to say it didn't arrive in time, he ended up with a promise of what was coming, i was furious, and vowed never to use the company again

Tbf I've done okay with Apex so far. I normally check ebay first tho to make sure they have more than one in stock. If it says only 1 in stock it's hit & miss.

But I ordered off the website yesterday morning with 1st class and it hasn't dispached yet :ack:

Sent them a polite dig saying they have until Friday latest which is a bit steep when paying the extra for shipping quicker tbf.

So that's 4,1/2 working days they've got.

Edited by dazp1976

I think the only way you can get stuff quickly is if you order from someone who shows it as being in stock. All i ever hear is bad stuff about Apex and how slow they are. Apart from my local hobby shop who is very very good with the spares i get from him i will only use MB Models or Modelsport. They have live stock levels. Apex is a game of Russian roulette. 

Not a bash just a few facts.

I've ordered off them on perhaps 10 or more occasions over the years.

They were slow - perhaps between one and 2 weeks - Modelsport and Wheelspin would be within 2-3 days.

They do offer a very good choice of parts, often ones not available elsewhere.

Their prices are generally very competitive.

Al.

• Like 1

Well if they continue taking too long about it then they'll lose all their custom.

Generally it's taking 8 days from the U.S. and if they can't beat that there's no point in them continuing.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

They were slow - perhaps between one and 2 weeks - Modelsport and Wheelspin would be within 2-3 days.

Al.

Yeah I just went with them because they were the cheapest for this part.  Modelsport and wheelspin have always had great service for me too.

11 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

Reason they are so slow and why they appear to have a good choice is that they dont actually have the stuff in stock.

If all the usual shops did this as well they would also appear to have a wider choice but they only list stuff they actually have in stock hence the appearence of a more limited range of parts but quicker delivery as a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mond said:

I think you've identified the one thing he hasn't had a rant about.

A vague bell is ringing about a Wheelspin rant he once had, can't locate the clip though....

The 'Stock thing' is probably true - available through wholesalers / agents ...

If we want the parts, are happy with the price, and CAN accept the wait, then its available.

No to any of the above means its probably not available other than as an import.

Al.