• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OMG Losi have unveiled a 5ive-b!!!!

scatteh316

I'm guessing that the chassis is same length as a standard 5ive (T or WRC), its the overall length of the car that is shorter i.e. without the huge cage/front rear bumper overhang...

I love the marketing blurb...eg ...specially designed for buggy air filter (that looks very much like the one that was fitted to the WRC ;)

I think i will definitely be buying this in the near future, it looks like it will be pretty good :D, i don't like the shell it comes with but im sure there will be more options (hopefully) soon after the release for shells.

11 minutes ago, Bunny_Basher said:

I'm guessing that the chassis is same length as a standard 5ive (T or WRC), its the overall length of the car that is shorter i.e. without the huge cage/front rear bumper overhang...

I love the marketing blurb...eg ...specially designed for buggy air filter (that looks very much like the one that was fitted to the WRC ;)

It is shorter look on the website  it gives you the dimensions

4 minutes ago, SlayerLayer said:

I think i will definitely be buying this in the near future, it looks like it will be pretty good :D, i don't like the shell it comes with but im sure there will be more options (hopefully) soon after the release for shells.

Why can they make it exactly the same as the losi 8  but bigger 

Thought i comes with tyres? 

I personally really like the body, makes it look like a 1:8.

On the exhaust, the 5ive T RTR had Bartolone and Team Chase logos on its rear fenders but had nothing from them on it stock. I suspect the pipe may be included.

Either way, this has gone straight to the top of my want list, just below a Tekno NB48.3 to go with the NT48.3 i just ordered lol

It says in the video that they designed a new insert and tyre, So is that code for hard to get and over priced, And I have trouble glueing 1/8 tyres on,And getting them to stay on, Let alone glueing large scale tyres, No thank you very much. 

Tyres have to be glued to allow the buggy to be raced.

Losi have put some proper thought into this, if you look closely at the shock towers and mesh brace, they look very similar to aftermarket items currently on the market.

• Like 1

So clever people who have read and interpreted the specs, is the chassis itself shorter, (the wheelbase?) or is it the overall length including bumper overhand which makes it shorter?

I asked on the original thread.... everyone ignored me though :( ...... do we think that two Spektrum 90XX servos on steering duty is unnecessary expense and complexity?  Two 0235's or 900s would be fine, or indeed one 9020...  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Rcmanman said:

It is shorter look on the website  it gives you the dimensions

Yep, I was wrong this is 578mm wheelbase verses the WRC 615mm.

However it barely seems worth it, my WRC conversion is just under 850mm o/a length...this Buggy is 845mm. The extra 5mm is solely down to how I mounted the rear wing. To comply with the racing rules is it wheelbase measurement or o/a length that is the criteria?

At 457mm it's a touch wider than the WRC Buggy conversion (using Mini wheels) 448mm. But if using hub extenders the conversion would be wider.

28 minutes ago, Noj said:

Losi have put some proper thought into this, if you look closely at the shock towers and mesh brace, they look very similar to aftermarket items currently on the market.

Hopefully the alloy diff cup and booted wheel CVD axles will be well priced, they will be good upgrades for the T, I wonder if there is a TLR T in the pipeline???

9 minutes ago, Noj said:

Plastic mesh brace... Mmm...calling out for some shiney aluminium :)

Then again this is probably the entry level version. No doubt like the 1/8th cars, they will release a 'TLR Factory Competition' spec version with trick alloy parts. At, oh let's guess somewhere North of $2k/£1.5k.

Few things to note form the LIVE Q&A currently on Facebook

- Buggy runs a stock 20t pinion over the 5ive's 19t and has a completely different FDR

- Buggy spur gear has holes drilled for reduced weight, whole drive train is lighter to help reduce rotational mass

- Exhausts are still being produced by venders

- Suspensions arms are not the same as the 5ive and they're not the same as the 5ive Mini either

- Doesn't come with an exhaust

13 minutes ago, Noj said:

Agreed

14 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

Few things to note form the LIVE Q&A currently on Facebook

- Buggy runs a stock 20t pinion over the 5ive's 19t and has a completely different FDR

- Buggy spur gear has holes drilled for reduced weight, whole drive train is lighter to help reduce rotational mass

- Exhausts are still being produced by venders

- Suspensions arms are not the same as the 5ive and they're not the same as the 5ive Mini either

- Doesn't come with an exhaust

Suspension arms - Thats a little annoying... why change and have a third item to stock for the shops and for me the punter, have three different arms to have to have... pretty poor really...

8 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Just seen on MS the release date is now 18th August, been knocked back 20 days in only a couple hours :lol: 

Nice birthday pressie for me now then, as my B'day is the 19th Aug... :)