• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

6 hours ago, locky said:

Are you using the pins? If so you could get a slightly tighter mesh without them but it's probably ok. Run it and check wear on teeth.

Yes, im using pins. Its hard to notice wear - ether I have no probs or they are gone 😄

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Hard to tell, but that could be loose. 

Try ditching the pins and using the paper method? Post-it paper is good. 

It is a dark art, I'm still not perfect at it. 

If im honest the pin thing work’s amazingly on the X Maxx, i use it on all mine

6 hours ago, locky said:

Have you bent the centre shaft? Dont think you need it unless you regularly jump high onto concrete. The 3d printed one will help brace it in the middle.

No, just doing homework at the moment, thanks

23 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Since center shafts are cheap and I newer had a problem  with them - leave it alone or buy a spare one just in case 🙂
image.png.1cf0863f2daf22c3f8b8d2bdf454061e.png

I was watching a video on youtube and the guy was talking about the xrt and how there is a sleeve that goes between the pinion and the motor and a bearing inside the pinion cover that stops the pinion from falling off the end of the motor and was wondering if the xmaxx had this and if it didn’t would the xrt 1 fit the xmaxx?

On 14/09/2023 at 20:27, wolfie1 said:

I was watching a video on youtube and the guy was talking about the xrt and how there is a sleeve that goes between the pinion and the motor and a bearing inside the pinion cover that stops the pinion from falling off the end of the motor and was wondering if the xmaxx had this and if it didn’t would the xrt 1 fit the xmaxx?

Stock looks the same as X Maxx. Not sure how this "sleeve" looks/works like, but it should fit both models.

image.thumb.png.1a7e5213526b6a589eb5a3b3f42c0019.png

40 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Stock looks the same as X Maxx. Not sure how this "sleeve" looks/works like, but it should fit both models.

image.thumb.png.1a7e5213526b6a589eb5a3b3f42c0019.png

By the looks of it it slides onto the motor shaft before the pinion goes on and stops it moving towards the motor and the bearing on the cover stops the pinion moving the other way, the cover numbers are 7887 and 7787, that pic doesnt show the sleeve its number is 7878

On 03/09/2023 at 19:16, locky said:

Anyone had a Hobbywing esc on/off switch stop working?  The one on my Max6 will not turn off. Took it apart and it is potted so cant really diagnose issue. Looks like there are replacment switches.

New on/off switch fitted and Hobbywing Max5 esc can now be turned on/off again. Used a 4 pin plug so that it can easily replaced in the future.

1 hour ago, locky said:

Looking for some new 4s lipos for Xmaxx and not bought recently. Any recommendations on sites and capacity/C rating which will fit stock trays?

As DXF Power were mentioned on another post and have UK warehouse then these seem good value...https://dxf-hobby.store/collections/united-kingdom-of-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/products/esdxf-lipo-battery-4s-14-8v-5200mah-80c-lipo-hardcase-with-xt90-plug-for-rc-1-8-1-10-buggy-truck-car-off-road-drone-4

Hobbyking have a uk warehouse again and have a pre stocking sale just now 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/all-products.html/?v=1#q=&dFR[warehouses][0]=UK&is_v=1

When youd actually get them tho i dont know

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Oooohhh the shiny important bits :rofl:

Yea, got hub strengthening rings, alloy motor mount, hd spur and pinion, more body protection stuff, charger and batteries for well cheap, 80kg servo and ubec and quite a few other bits and bobs, am seriously contemplating the widemax kit and the m2c hub extensions as bigger is better, right?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yea, got hub strengthening rings, alloy motor mount, hd spur and pinion, more body protection stuff, charger and batteries for well cheap, 80kg servo and ubec and quite a few other bits and bobs, am seriously contemplating the widemax kit and the m2c hub extensions as bigger is better, right?

What ESC? Seriously, the ESC is the best upgrade you can do. Itll only cost you £60ish if you sell your stock one brand new and is the first upgrade you should do. You can even buy your new ESC with your desired connector]s to save bothering changing the stock Traxxas connectors

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

What ESC? Seriously, the ESC is the best upgrade you can do. Itll only cost you £60ish if you sell your stock one brand new and is the first upgrade you should do. You can even buy your new ESC with your desired connector]s to save bothering changing the stock Traxxas connectors

Whats so bad about the stock esc? I see a lot of folks fitting the max 6 as it fits in stock configuration 

Edited by wolfie1