• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

There have been a good few brand- or model-specific "Show us" threads over the years, but I can't find any that invite pictures of Tamiyas in general, so I thought I might start one.

So, show us your Tamiya(s)! Let's see some pics, and maybe a short description of any mods you have done, as well as your impressions of the model!

• Like 1

Here is another:

FF-01 Civic

This is a FWD FF-01 chassis wearing a Castrol Honda Civic shell and running a Reedy MVP motor. It is a replica of my first hobby-grade RC car from the '90s.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, XV Pilot said:

I'll start with one of mine:

DSC03764_zpsyy7kusdc.jpg

This is a DF-01 Manta Ray running a Tamiya GT Tuned motor, as well as the usual runner mods such as metal motor mount, hardened propshaft, ballraced steering, etc. The paint is gunmetal fading to black at the rear, which goes nicely with the Schumacher carbon effect spoiler.

??????????

1 hour ago, iamnicolas said:

??????????

The Manta Ray is a Tamiya buggy from the early 90s. This example was restored and hopped up to take part in a vintage Tamiya meet that I attended last year.

In many ways it is the granddaddy of your TT-02B, being a shaft-drive tub-chassis 4WD buggy with a touring car sibling. :)

And here is another from my fleet:

TL-01 Evoque

A TL-01 touring chassis lurks beneath this shell, fitted with longer shocks and big grippy tyres. It is not an extreme offroader, but makes a good quick trail runner.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

The Manta Ray is a Tamiya buggy from the early 90s. This example was restored and hopped up to take part in a vintage Tamiya meet that I attended last year.

In many ways it is the granddaddy of your TT-02B, being a shaft-drive tub-chassis 4WD buggy with a touring car sibling. :)

haha! i didnt put question marks ahah. it was an emoji but it does not appear on here! it was an emoji showing that the car is perfect!!!

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't get at all sentimental about Tamiya, Don't get me wrong, When I got into the hobby you only really had Tamiya and Kyosho, With the odd Hirobo and AYK  model thrown in, My first car, Like many, Was a Hornet or three just as it was released, A Lancia Rally, Subaru Brat, FAV,Astute, Audi Quattro,Super Sabre and a host of others( Always wanted a HotShot and Super Champ, And never got one).

Would I like to pick up a HotShot now, Probably, But am I gonna pay 160 quid for one, Err, No, 90% still seem to come with plastic shocks, And now, Just like back then, Most still seem to come without bearings, And were in gods name are they still getting them 380 motors from.

Another M-size offroader:

M-04 Sunny pickup

This is a M-04 fitted with TL-01B suspension and an ABC Nissan Sunny pickup shell. Unlike the road going M-04 that is a right challenge to drive, this one handles sweetly and is a real joy to bash with.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

And now for something completely different:

WR-02G Farm King

A very happy WR-02G wheelie tractor!

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1