• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update

Nick

Still taking you to first post, not last read. 

What is your setup? Desktop, mobile, browser?

Anyone else having probs doing this? ?seems to not wanna  work for me half the time so one pic per thread  atm....

Please give more detail on what.

Hi Nick,

i havn`t been able to access MSUK since the weekend,today i managed to find the forum again only by doing a new search.

This looks terrible,sparse,fuzzy and the colours are all off,i`m just using my old pc with XP.

I fear you will of lost many members.

Good luck sorting it out.

BR,

Simon

Edited by twisty

Hi Nick,

i havn`t been able to access MSUK since the weekend,today i managed to find the forum again only by doing a new search.

This looks terrible,sparse,fuzzy and the colours are all off,i`m just using my old pc with XP.

I fear you will of lost many members.

Good luck sorting it out.

BR,

Simon

Not so sure about that,it's different,thats all.

It will take a while to get the bugs out I'm sure :)

It's been a little slower overall on my phone and I'd like the option of a desktop view for phones but it's OK. More editing options when posting would be good but other than that it's a fairly standard, modern looking forum. Not that the old one was bad!

Good...

Photos are much easier to use.

Bad...

+1 on changing background colour as a matter of urgency!! Check out www.gtr.co.uk for one of the nicest background colours I've used, so much easier on the eye.

I'm sure the rest is just getting used to, I haven't played around enough to check much else out.

Cheers

Nito

What is your setup? Desktop, mobile, browser?

Please give more detail on what.

On an android phone, Galaxy S5. I think it's using the mobile version, but can't find a button the switch to PC version to prove that. Basically, every thread that I'm interested in, I click on it when I know someone's posted something, but instead of taking me to where I last got to, I have to scroll through and find where I left off. 

Hope this helps. 

It's bright, it works and today is the first time I've been able to use the forum for more than two minutes without getting an error message (chrome via Nexus tablet).

Look forward to a toned down version for the aged eyed members ;)

• Like 1

My feedback (using a PC with Win XP...Opera browser...viewing on an LCD TV)-

Changes seem minimal...loading times seem similar...not a problem so far for me. :)

Not keen on the changes. It's been said, but we cannot stress enough how headache-inducing the garish "in-your-face" colour scheme is. It needs to be toned down.

It kind of seems too zoomed-in to me, as well.

The emoticon function is also a bit odd, with the "view all" option having apparently Foxtrot Oscared and been replaced by the "default" option. That's OK, but not as easy to find the correct face to convey exactly how you feel about Noj's latest post. ;)

As for the rest, It'll probably just be a learning curve.

• Like 1