• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

1 hour ago, RadioFish said:

Cool might have to invest in one,
Whats thr best way to restore the finish on a rifle or even better cover in camo?

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Depends what finish is already on. But if you want it camo have a look round for "Hydro dipping" but ive a feeling its not cheap 

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16298703.amp/

Just read this and i cannot believe that due to a few imbeciles the rest of us have to suffer if this goes through, next we will need a license to breathe or even walk down the street

It’s a knee jerk reaction, I can understand the cats protection league getting het up about it, the government would have to rely on owners honesty, how many guns have been tweaked to 11.9lbs using a 8 gramm put a heavier pellet in and your FAC.

Look at all the crossbows and zombie knives out there, hopefully it will just fall flat, I have a reason for owning one I’m a member of a club, but the sensible bit how the hell would I pass that nugget.

[emoji111]️[emoji23][emoji23]??

I’ve done over 70mph once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah i have a crossbowand a selection of knives. But then i do like "wild camping", this of course has been buggered by a few braindead immature chavs that have no respect for anything or anyone as there parents give them everything but do not teacb them the fundamentals of life.......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Winters here so time to bust out the R10, one problem tho.... She’s got a leak and after finding it with Phil’s advice it needs to go back to him for fixing :( 

9283-ADA2-284-F-4956-B326-915-CF2878-F75

Ready to be boxed up and shipped back to Phil 

F69651-F5-D96-A-4408-B032-481965-F4-E1-D

While it’s a away, I might as well get the Walnut oil out again :lol: 

CBB83239-7-E06-4-E04-9-BF1-EC633648-B095

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 23/11/2019 at 00:44, Rover Man said:

Sadly my collection as got larger, Got my late brothers guns now.

Bottom Air rifle is the best part of 40 years old, I remeber him buying it, i was 10 😮 Its a feinwerkbau sport and theres not a mark on it, Its a close to new condition as you could get.

image.jpg

Nice collection of guns you got there. I inherited a rifle from my old man - he passed away not so long ago. It's in a good condition. But the scope... For unknown reason it's all covered with scratches. I want to buy new scope. Can you recommend me one? I asked my friends for advice, they didn't say anything specific. One of my friends told me that I can look for new scope in this review: https://consumerepic.com/best-long-range-scopes-reviews/. BTW, it looks convincing enough. But you have guns with scopes. That's why I ask for your question.

Edited by John Doe

• 1 month later...

Whats the deal with rim fire 22 rounds.

It kinda sounds like they are legal in uk. The shop I was browsing had shotguns and 22 rifles cheaper than nice pellet guns. How do we get those? 

This looks like illegal in uk. But fires the baby rounds something I wread suggested rim fire is much easier to get than centre fire. Is it? 

Could I get one of these with minimal bs and then join a club or hunt well not one of these but more traditional modern 22Lr rifle  

Or is it pellet guns only. 

I just heard of .25 and .30 pellet guns are they regulated etc the same way as a rim fire 22lr. 

What would be the maximum rifle you can just obtain and easily use? 22 pellet gun 12bar is it?

Hi

You need a FAC (fire arms certificate) as the barrel is rifled.

Somewhere to shoot and good reason is a must, for a club you have to be a member for at least 3-6 months so the members can vet you if all ok then you can nominate that club for your licence. Lots of private lands helps but then you need a good reason.

Apply for FAC with your local police they do background checks & check with your GP re health issues.

22lr subsonic for hunting short range acutely better than .22 it’s all about the grain in the bullet.

Air rifles .177 have more accuracy than .22 but .22 had more impact 10-30 yards.

12ft pounds is the legal limit for AR well 11.8ft pounds depending on the weight of the pellet. Don’t go over 12ft if the police do a chrono they will use varying pellet weights to try and get over 12ft pounds [emoji16]

Air rifle go in shop choose buy one depending on what you want to do target or ratting. Walk out happy bunny

.22lr be prepared for Questions Question Question, visits from the police FAO covering everything. Loads on line. After a very in-depth process & a few quid be prepared for the big KB.

A quick pic of me & my Savage 110 BA using .338 lupra magnum man size target 1km away. Dug out in the hillside.

b106b2852461889e06a1e1a6f1452173.jpg

Yes I can hit it. It’s a good bashing spot as well.

• Like 2

I did get giddy there seeing something on the website just made me think rim fire isnt that bad isnt treated much harsher than the air rifles but I've been searching stuff learned alot more I would still love it and I'm hopeful on the club stuff I think my area has some action but I heard getting in isnt just turning up like an rc track lol. 

Are gun clubs only allowed X number of members?  I heard granddads sign up their grand children and stupid stuff just to get them a place when there old enough or something. 

The next town has a nice looking gun shop and show pics of a range. I know there's chicken farm here in the village rat shooting would be fun I guess and I've done work for that farmer before afew years ago if I told him I'm the guy who let his shire horse run free I'm sure he'll remember me lol. I bet he would have rats or a group or something. 

Air rifles definitely sound like the best thing to do first I've been through most options waiting pcp then thinking stuff that 150£ hand pumps etc. So settled on thinking about a spring hw97 model stainless barrel one. 

As for power stuff surly that will be fine no tinkering if it gets hot I think they say plead dumb lol. I think its dumb though 12lbs limit but I can literally order any crossbow any. Mayb even an airbow they can go through a car door and anyone inside but air rifle better not be over 12lbs. Kids or adults. It's silly. 

But will be more than fine for me tbh mostly just for fun. I just think its silly,  

But ide love to target shoot some real rifles at some point. Suppose need to dive in see it where it goes first. 

Air rifle club is an excellent place to start some will let you have a go with a club gun, the HW97 springer is excellent PCP good choice anything by Weihrauch is a good choice, HW100k excellent all rounder.

Start with the Air rifle club many members also shoot clays therefore you can gain valuable knowledge about the shooting scene in your area, from Air rifles to shotguns firearms.

I’ll just say safety and sensibility is paramount & the natural way you conduct yourself around firearms & ammunition & around others with firearms & ammunition, its amazing how fast members can pick up on unsafe practices, rookie mistakes we all do it we all make them, some are ok some will get you shown the exit.

A good place to be regarding safety is never ever ever look [emoji102] down the barrel or point the gun at anyone even jokingly that’s the business end the killing end that end should scare the holy crap out of you, I’ve been around this sport for 35 years I’ve seen plenty to make your toes curl, I offer my apology’s if you think I went a bit nanny on you but even after all this time I’ve never allowed myself to be comfortable around any weapon.

Most of all have fun.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been looking for a while and finally found a decent one today 

1981 Webley Tempest in a good used condition. Had one when i was a kid but cant remember what happened to it lol 

125334502_365571568103127_92071078807697

Also got this for a bit of paper punching fun 

Umarex Glock 17 

125370331_1576260982576540_2451468295321

• 7 months later...