• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which rc makes You smile

Juggernaut jims

I know I've already answered, but to give specifics I'll start with the Baja; she's big, brash, ballsy, fast, feisty, unforgiving, yet occasionally compliant and forgiving, always rewarding, always.......a Baja.

• Like 2

I may get laughed at here, but after being in the hobby since the 80's i still love old Tamiya's. But in particular the Thunder Shot series of cars, i always wanted a Thunder Dragon when i was young and this guy i knew had a Terra Scorcher, i was so jealous. I love old Tamiyas so much that i watch old Tamiya promos on you tube today!.........the memories!

b4e4bdc6b8a6e879a230d9bdf9afc0ad.jpg

This is the mad force in it's defence position, it's in its defence position a lot !

Oh is that why they do it makes sense i thought it was my driving.

i have had lots of RC's and they all made me kink my lips, but .............. 

theres really only one thing that makes me smile and warm n fuzzy.

thats knowing that advice i gave was used and that person now has a smile on their face

because of their rc.

Tonight I'll talk Budget-Maxx, got her in '06, two speed and brushed. Loved it from day one! Running on nimh, you'd launch her off the line in first, then off the gas, switch to second and nail throttle. At this point she'd squat down low, lift her nose to sniff the air and start accelerating up to those heady speeds that are the low thirties!

Then I went BL and it all went wrong! Nothing on that car could handle BL! And I was still running nimh! So began the process of upgrading, which didn't stop for approximately seven years! She's been through some changes, lots of changes!

I'm happy with her now, topping out at low to mid forties, but can pop a hundred yard wheelie on command. Handles quite well and takes a tumble too!

The list of upgrades is too long for this thread, there's barely ten percent of the original car left! But she sure does make me smile! I suppose she's like a lunchbox that doesn't keep rolling over! ;)

A pair of NIB Tamiya Blazing Blazer and Hilux kits sitting in someones loft for the past 15+ years and are now coming into my collection as the owner has kindly donated them to me :)

If only dreams came true........!