• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

2 minutes ago, GT1 said:

It could just be the weather then(atmospheric pressure), or different fuel, plug, lines, tank etcc, there are a few variables. Mostly just the weather will require a reset. The fun of nitro.

Sweet ok mate cheers I was thinking of taking it to get it serviced and tuned no where in Leicester can do it though we only have a helicopter shop and a boat shop and drone shop 

• 2 weeks later...

My Hyper 7's centre diff keeps leaking despite rebuilding it few times, it leaks through the 4 bolts that hold the diff together. At the moment I am using 30,000 silicone oil but since its only used for bashing would it be ok to clean it out and fill with some grease as I am sick of the fluid leaking and coating everything, also if anyone has done this how much grease is enough? fill or 3/4 or 1/2

• 4 months later...

Quiet in here atm!

I'll put in the FS section shortly, but...... clear uncut truggy shells for the ST conversion are here, taking up space in my dining room!  We looked at a group buy agrs back but shipping fees we're horrendous, and customs risk made them a silly price but an option came up over Xmas and I took one for the team and sorted it.  

89305_md.jpg

Actual pics will go in the FS section as per rules, as well as the very reasonable price.  There's not many, and some have sold already.

• Like 1

Since Hobao is now being marketed again in the U.S. with parts support(slow boat, but still possible now) for the Hyper 7/8+ I would hope to see more action for these cars. 

20 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

MBX-6t ones?

Yes or MBX7T. Bottom screw position on guard isnt quite inline with chassis hole. You can drill the plastic guard and use threaded screw with nut. They make chassis wider so if you use both MBX6T guards then the stock body dont fit. You can use the stock body with one standard guard and one MBX6T on battery side.                       

9 minutes ago, locky said:

Yes or MBX7T. Bottom screw position on guard isnt quite inline with chassis hole. You can drill the plastic guard and use threaded screw with nut. They make chassis wider so if you use both MBX6T guards then the stock body dont fit. You can use the stock body with one standard guard and one MBX6T on battery side.                       

Thanks Locky, it is for a short course build so I can use both ;)

which fit better? Do they both offer the same protection?

7 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

which fit better? Do they both offer the same protection?

They are the same so offer same protection. You will have to cut a little off the guard if I remember, to allow the steering link to fully move. 4 screw positions and only the bottom one needs adjusting,

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh nice! I took the hyper out when is was when and loved it! It's got the speed! Loving it! Only thing I need to do for now is to get a stronger brake/throttle servo as my current one is a little weak, quick for throttle but weak for breaking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've posted before but the Frankenhyper is stripping tyres nicely, running full on-road setup now. I apologise now for quality of the pics/vid.

The basic setup:

20140813_235736.jpg

How it looks now with the landy shell. Only have the screenshot right now:

vlcsnap-2017-02-01-03h05m13s793.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 20:56, evssv said:

r those stock pbs fr arms on that?and y`s the servo look mounted wrong??

Pretty sure they're the standard pbs bits. Can't remember where they came from but bought as such. I wanted the extra adjustment with it being on road.

The cars a mix of all sorts of hyper, I had problems with the steering geometry with the servo inboard so left it as you see it. Not sure if it's caused by having a mix of steering bits or slight difference in mounting on the xl chassis.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys does anyone happen to know if Hyper 7 TQ (not TQ2) parts are same as normal Hyper 7 I did a few searches on google but information is very sketchy, also if the TQ has same set up as PBS. Thanks

Just now, sunny said:

Hi Guys does anyone happen to know if Hyper 7 TQ (not TQ2) parts are same as normal Hyper 7 I did a few searches on google but information is very sketchy, also if the TQ has same set up as PBS. Thanks

Hi Sunny - Hyper 7, TQ and TQ2 are interchangeable as far as i'm aware.  PBS is another thing entirely - pillow ball suspension - good for a track car with 110% maintenance - not so much for a basher.

There's been lots of versions over the years, including specials.  Older ones had 13/14 mm shocks - not great - newer ones 16mm (not true big bores - but good shocks regardless).  Other minor changes (radio box, shock towers are the obvious ones).

• Like 1

I thought all the H7's were interchangeable as well. Different variants but ultimately still same basic bits.

Question - is it Pivot Ball Suspension or Pillow Ball Suspension? I always thought Pivot but having just googled it, it seems to be a complete mix, some traders even calling it Pivot Pillow Ball.

Edited by Smoothybb
seeing double

C-hubs and PBS hubs are interchangeable as far as I can recall.  I know a lot of folks weren't fans of the pbs way back when and changed over to C-hubs. I would measure your cvd/dogbone lengths and check them against the TQ parts to be sure. (It most likely requires arm change, but on that I am not sure) 

Of course now some of the most winning 1/8 buggies are pillow ball. 

Edited by GT1

So, as the weather isn't playing the game for planes, I thought I'd fix something. The Hyper drew the short straw so I thought I'd look it over and set it up for one of it's rare off-road outings on a nice flat footy pitch (or the woods out the back of our house):

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0294_1.jpg

DSC_0297_1.jpg

As the eagle eyed amongst you will spot, it's now running a Toro esc, nanda blocks and 30mm (I think) hub extenders. Really not set up for off road but can't find anywhere dry to run it on concrete/tarmac. I've also ditched the super cheap HK flight tx for a Flysky, which is a shame after I spent so much time installing an elastic band to give me a sprung throttle. :whistling:

It doesn't look like your average 7, that was the plan, shame the shell doesn't fit properly on the xl chassis. :sadwalk: Haven't got a shell long enough and finding one just to centre the arms in the wheel arches, plus the extra width, has proved too much trouble so far. I don't know what the shell came from, not enough detail for anything scale. Any information appreciated. I also wonder what shell they had in mind when they made the xl chassis.

Trying to find the motivation to piece together another 7 out of the 2 1/2 rollers in the garage, heart says nitro, head says leccy. :014:

• Like 1

I'm currently building a hyper 7 short course truck (basically a hyper st chassis with hyper 7 F/R ends) that is 30mm longer than standard, making it 360mm wheelbase.....yours looks to be around the same length so any 1/8 SC shells should fit or possibly some GT2 touring car shells off DeltaPlastiks.....just double check the wheelbase first though :) 

with the current shell some gnome bumpers would look great IMO :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

I'm currently building a hyper 7 short course truck (basically a hyper st chassis with hyper 7 F/R ends) that is 30mm longer than standard, making it 360mm wheelbase.....yours looks to be around the same length so any 1/8 SC shells should fit or possibly some GT2 touring car shells off DeltaPlastiks.....just double check the wheelbase first though :) 

with the current shell some gnome bumpers would look great IMO :D 

Yeah mine's 360mm so those GT2 shells will fit the length, I'd have to remove the hub extenders though cos it's currently about 350mm wide so wheels would be half in the shell and half out. I thought the dragon chassis was to extend a 7 but I now wonder if it's just an ST chassis alternative?

Thanks for the suggestion, I've bookmarked the deltaplastiks site while I decide between the maclaren and panoz. :good:

Gnome bumpers? I'm confused. :o