• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

decent tools...........

evssv

8 minutes ago, mond said:

All my Arrowmax have rounded out. The EDS hex bits I got are so much better quality. Even my DDM set has signs of wear through very little use but not the EDS ones. 

isnt the tips for the arrowmax same as eds?

1 hour ago, locky said:

I seem to manage on a tenth of that, I'd hate to lose any which is easily done.

Best investment ive made in RC tbh, dunno how youre losing them though? With a case, one comes put, one goes back in etc.  

58AD1896-70E8-4990-A48D-652E66547E04_zps

then theres my set of 4 imperial drivers I dont use no mlre as the Losi went. Got a few Turnbuckle wrenches too. 

Its a great investment IMO. I didnt buy them all at once I couldnt afford to just add to them when i can. Just need somewhere who sells the plier set!

Edited by Guns

17 minutes ago, Guns said:

Best investment ive made in RC tbh, dunno how youre losing them though? With a case, one comes put, one goes back in etc.  

58AD1896-70E8-4990-A48D-652E66547E04_zps

then theres my set of 4 imperial drivers I dont use no mlre as the Losi went. Got a few Turnbuckle wrenches too. 

Its a great investment IMO. I didnt buy them all at once I couldnt afford to just add to them when i can. Just need somewhere who sells the plier set!

how long have you had them?

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

how long have you had them?

Well. I had a set pretty much the same in 2009, but sold them when I got out of RC few years later. When i got back into RC in 2014, I was starting with a kit so knew id want good drivers so i bought a set of 4x hex drivers and it escalated from there really. So ive had most of the stuff in the pic around 2 years. I normally add a tool to an order if I need to bump the order up for free postage or to spend a certain amount etc. I even have the pit towel lol

I had this:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/eds-racing-products-plier-set-with-carrybag/rc-car-products/384033

but sold it to someone on here before i used it. Id buy it back of them if I could lol. Cant find it in the UK. Rc Model Shop show it in stock but dont have it, and I dont think the distributor has stock!

56 minutes ago, Guns said:

Well. I had a set pretty much the same in 2009, but sold them when I got out of RC few years later. When i got back into RC in 2014, I was starting with a kit so knew id want good drivers so i bought a set of 4x hex drivers and it escalated from there really. So ive had most of the stuff in the pic around 2 years. I normally add a tool to an order if I need to bump the order up for free postage or to spend a certain amount etc. I even have the pit towel lol

I had this:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/eds-racing-products-plier-set-with-carrybag/rc-car-products/384033

but sold it to someone on here before i used it. Id buy it back of them if I could lol. Cant find it in the UK. Rc Model Shop show it in stock but dont have it, and I dont think the distributor has stock!

hows this mate?

http://www.rcmodelshopdirect.com/eds-rc-plier-set-with-carrybag

its even in UK 

I have a full set of purple arrowmax in the toolbox and another set mixed with both eds and arrowmax, expensive yes maybe.

but it's all too easy to have a flash car with nowt to back it up, took me a looooong time but well worth it. I normally just stick one onto a modelsport order, stockpiling spare tips now :whistling:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big gaz said:

I have a full set of purple arrowmax in the toolbox and another set mixed with both eds and arrowmax, expensive yes maybe.

but it's all too easy to have a flash car with nowt to back it up, took me a looooong time but well worth it. I normally just stick one onto a modelsport order, stockpiling spare tips now :whistling:

always great to have spares ;)

Snap on, generally good quality, most stuffs warrantied too ( to a certain extent )

As I use them for work aswell theyve always been the first choice, and I've 

I don't know how much an rc specific set would be, probably a lot cheaper, but may not outlast the snap on stuff???

Edited by Fly In My Soup

For hex drivers Wiha make top quality sets but downside is for the RC sized metric and imperial sets it would run about 120 quid total. :o  Still,if you want the best.

Halfords Advanced are decent quality and they are often on special. I like them as they're good enough for what I use them for. Love Facom tools. Just bought a Facom stubby ratchet spanner set. Super quality with a lifetime guarantee and are what the Ferrari F1 team use. 

John

+1 for Arrowmax. I've had mine for 3 years and no signs of wear yet. Not heavily used and I take care of them. They weren't too pricey either.