• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

dont worry about having one that looks like a cig, just get a pretty decent device and get on it, avoid any juice that is said to be a tobacco flavour, vile, i use a mix of menthol and blueberry, i started on 18mg nicotine and now down to about 3mg , i would even say 12mg is a good starting point

Disagree entirely.

At least on the juice part. I've been vaping for 7ish years now, 4 of those exclusively on one tobacco mix. RY4 flavours are the most vaped flavours for a reason (RY4 = a blend of vanilla, tobacco and other things). Now, the cheap and nasty crap from a corner shop, i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I mix my own juice, way cheaper (£20 concentrate, £5 for 50ml 72mg nicotine, £4 for 500ml PG and 500ml VG - makes 500ml, lasts me around 6-8 weeks of daily/constant vaping). 

More importantly though, someone should've asked Froggy what he actually wants - the Aegis is a decent enough device, for DL vaping. Since he was asking for a cigarette style device, i wonder whether or not he actually is looking more for something MTL - which the Aegis is horrible for. Then there's the RTA vs stock coil debate, etc.

Especially for people who try to get off fags, the correct and best possible device for the needs is mandatory. Someone who wants/expects an MTL vape will buy the Aegis and throw in the towel after a day because it doesn't work. 

For Tobacco juice, for anyone interested.. Currently sold out but they restock quickly. 

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/products/chefs-vapours-ry-whore-shortfill?_pos=3&_sid=0331af44c&_ss=r

@froggy8 

What kind of vaping are you looking into? Drawing like on a cigarette, or deep inhales straight from the device (that's the MTL vs DL question - MTL = mouth to lung, basically what you do with a cigarette, and DL = direct lung which is inhaling basically through the device). Do you want to buy coils, or build your own (RTA vs stock coil debate - RTA = rebuildable tank atomiser, you get some wire and cotton and wick the  tank yourself - or stock coils = you buy a bunch of coils for a pretty penny, each lasting, depending on juice, a few days to a week), etc pp. 

But, i recommend the RY Whore (it's what it's called, sorry) to anyone, lovely daily vape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Disagree entirely.

At least on the juice part. I've been vaping for 7ish years now, 4 of those exclusively on one tobacco mix. RY4 flavours are the most vaped flavours for a reason (RY4 = a blend of vanilla, tobacco and other things). Now, the cheap and nasty crap from a corner shop, i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I mix my own juice, way cheaper (£20 concentrate, £5 for 50ml 72mg nicotine, £4 for 500ml PG and 500ml VG - makes 500ml, lasts me around 6-8 weeks of daily/constant vaping). 

More importantly though, someone should've asked Froggy what he actually wants - the Aegis is a decent enough device, for DL vaping. Since he was asking for a cigarette style device, i wonder whether or not he actually is looking more for something MTL - which the Aegis is horrible for. Then there's the RTA vs stock coil debate, etc.

Especially for people who try to get off fags, the correct and best possible device for the needs is mandatory. Someone who wants/expects an MTL vape will buy the Aegis and throw in the towel after a day because it doesn't work. 

For Tobacco juice, for anyone interested.. Currently sold out but they restock quickly. 

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/products/chefs-vapours-ry-whore-shortfill?_pos=3&_sid=0331af44c&_ss=r

@froggy8 

What kind of vaping are you looking into? Drawing like on a cigarette, or deep inhales straight from the device (that's the MTL vs DL question - MTL = mouth to lung, basically what you do with a cigarette, and DL = direct lung which is inhaling basically through the device). Do you want to buy coils, or build your own (RTA vs stock coil debate - RTA = rebuildable tank atomiser, you get some wire and cotton and wick the  tank yourself - or stock coils = you buy a bunch of coils for a pretty penny, each lasting, depending on juice, a few days to a week), etc pp. 

But, i recommend the RY Whore (it's what it's called, sorry) to anyone, lovely daily vape. 

the ones i used to use was back in 2006, it looked just like a normal cig, you could take the filter part off for a different flavour one, bit like this one:

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/cigalikes/ok-vape-rechargeable-tobacco-e-cigarette-essentials-starter-kit-promotional-item.html

• Like 1

This is my vape of choice, and yes, it is worth every penny, the Black Saber dry herbal vape is my portable vape of choice, and again is worth every penny, and great for when you're playing about with your RC in the rain, or really windy conditions, it's a huge improvement and step up from the Black Mamba.

Each to their own, i don't consider either of them portable, nor even remotely convenient enough to be used as a daily vape. 

This is more akin to a smokeless shisha, rather than a vape in principle. If i had to heat up my vape every time for 90 seconds before i can get a drag or two and then put it back in my pocket, i'd be back on cigarettes. It would be something i'd look into for medicinal herbs though.

6 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Each to their own, i don't consider either of them portable, nor even remotely convenient enough to be used as a daily vape. 

This is more akin to a smokeless shisha, rather than a vape in principle. If i had to heat up my vape every time for 90 seconds before i can get a drag or two and then put it back in my pocket, i'd be back on cigarettes. It would be something i'd look into for medicinal herbs though.

That's what they both are, ''medicinal dry herb'' vapes, the volcano is a table top and can only be powered via a wall socket, the Black Saber is a portable battery powered one, and both take under 5 seconds to reach the needed temperature .

9 hours ago, Grogg said:

That's what they both are, ''medicinal dry herb'' vapes, the volcano is a table top and can only be powered via a wall socket, the Black Saber is a portable battery powered one, and both take under 5 seconds to reach the needed temperature .

5 seconds is still way too long - but more importantly, the manufacturers disagree with you.

yo7zkCK.png

40 seconds for the Volcano.

There's no such thing as a Black Saber vaporiser, there's the Life Saber (which i assume you don't mean since that's not portable) and the Black Mamba. 

ud8kKdL.png

20 seconds.

As mentioned, as a device to vape weed (as a pain relief) - great options. As an actual "vape" for people trying to get off (or stay off) fags, they're really not. As i said, they're more akin to a portable, smokeless shisha than a "traditional" vape. And i understand that there's really no such thing as "traditional" vape, i use that term to describe atomisers that vaporise PG/VG, which is 99% of all vape stuff out there. Including the plague that are disposable vapes. 

15 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

5 seconds is still way too long - but more importantly, the manufacturers disagree with you.

yo7zkCK.png

40 seconds for the Volcano.

There's no such thing as a Black Saber vaporiser, there's the Life Saber (which i assume you don't mean since that's not portable) and the Black Mamba. 

ud8kKdL.png

20 seconds.

As mentioned, as a device to vape weed (as a pain relief) - great options. As an actual "vape" for people trying to get off (or stay off) fags, they're really not. As i said, they're more akin to a portable, smokeless shisha than a "traditional" vape. And i understand that there's really no such thing as "traditional" vape, i use that term to describe atomisers that vaporise PG/VG, which is 99% of all vape stuff out there. Including the plague that are disposable vapes. 

Two things:

1, Those warm up times, are for how long it takes the device to reach it's maximum temperature, which is more than double what you would use for medicinal use.

2.  I don't use the Black Mamba, or rather I no longer use one, it's the Black Saber I use and recommend, it looks almost identical to the Black Mamba, but is a huge step up.

As far as vapes go for quitting the fags, I think they're amazing, they're not new technology, people like me have been using them since the 60's for ''medicinal use'', personally I think they are amazing, especially for quitting the fags.  I'm 43 this year, I was smoking 60+ fags a day from an early age, literally from my teens, in my late 20's early 30's I decided I wanted to quit.  Within in 1 year, I went from over 60 full strength fags a day, to none, in fact I stopped the fags the day I got one, and did not suffer any withdrawal or any of the other symptoms, and have not smoked a fag since.  I was literally dropping the strength of the vape juice I was using every month, and within less than a year was using the 0% nicotine stuff, and spent the last few months of using a vape to quit the fags, breaking the hand to mouth movement habit.

Wondered if anyone can help?

So i gave up the puffs about 5 weeks ago. I gave up before and went onto vaping and did really well. But i never had issues like im having now.

So when i stopped i went onto 12mg Heisenberg from vampire vape. I use the same mod i used before. All rebuilt and cleaned up.

But after a few hours i would start feeling sick, headache would come on, feel dizzy, neck would feel stiff and just felt like crap.

So thought maybe too high nicotine so dropped to 6mg. I also changed from the menthol to something more sweet as my whole face, sinuses and forehead just felt like they were being frozen.

I brought a highly recommended blue raspberry lemonade and its disgustingly sweet and produces so much smoke that i now just mix it with an ice menthol 1:3.

Anyone else experienced feeling awful? Did anything help?

what juice/flavour did you use before ?

Sometimes the feeling crap with headache could be overdosing on nicotine as its not just nicotine you get addicted to in cigarettes

Im using 88 vape Blackcurrant,Sweet Strawberry and Raspberry ripple 3mg E juice

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Wondered if anyone can help?

So i gave up the puffs about 5 weeks ago. I gave up before and went onto vaping and did really well. But i never had issues like im having now.

So when i stopped i went onto 12mg Heisenberg from vampire vape. I use the same mod i used before. All rebuilt and cleaned up.

But after a few hours i would start feeling sick, headache would come on, feel dizzy, neck would feel stiff and just felt like crap.

So thought maybe too high nicotine so dropped to 6mg. I also changed from the menthol to something more sweet as my whole face, sinuses and forehead just felt like they were being frozen.

I brought a highly recommended blue raspberry lemonade and its disgustingly sweet and produces so much smoke that i now just mix it with an ice menthol 1:3.

Anyone else experienced feeling awful? Did anything help?

The headaches are caused by nicotine poisoning, the same thing happens when you chain smoke fags one after the other.  Easy solution to stop the headaches, use less nicotine, that doesn't mean to say I'm telling you to drop down in nicotine strtengthg, but rather use your vape, don't sit and vape non stop for 5-10 straight blowing clouds.

• Like 1

I use it about 1 time and hour 1-3 puffs max. Not big puffs 1-2sec draw.

By the time evening comes I dont like to vape at all as just feel like crap.

Im using Vampire Vapes stuff at 6mg (tried the Pinkman and was awful). Thats a 50/50pg vg mix. I never experienced this before. 

Even flavours im struggling. I like a sweet menthol but not too sweet and not something that makes me feel like i have just used mouthwash constantly as that was getting to me too.

14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Have you upped the watts since last time you tried it ?

If you have try knocking that back a bit 

Last time i was on 60w. Dropped to 50 or 40 now

2 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Last time i was on 60w. Dropped to 50 or 40 now

How often are you changing your coils?  Are you being Scottish with them and only changing them once a year, rather than every few days to a week.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

what about changing brands of e juice ?

is there a vape shop near you , you could go in and try some diferent brands/flavours ?

think that will be the option i will follow. I brought online and did not like what i got. just wondered if anyone else had experienced side effects.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

think that will be the option i will follow. I brought online and did not like what i got. just wondered if anyone else had experienced side effects.

I have, the first day I used a vape to quite the fags,  but the thing was literally never out of my mouth, I think I went through 5 bottles of 20mg juice the first day.  I was walking around like a steam engine train, though to be fair where I was based when I quit, still to this day allows you to smoke everywhere that doesn't explicitly display a ''no smoking'' sign, even in their version of Tescos, and you can actually ignore these signs as it's a courtesy out there, not a legal requirement, even on domestic flights, in fact the flight attendants smoke while doing their jobs handing out food and drinks and what not.

Edited by Grogg

just bought a new mod and 4 samsung batteries to go with it and the  4 batteries are from a different place that cost as much as the mod lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09723MCPX/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

been many years since i looked up batteries as my mods had inbuilt ones but bought some samsung ones from fogstar to go with that mod  after a bit of research and ordered more ejuice, i was gonna stop vaping again honest 😛

can always use they batteries in my torch if i manage to stop or solder 2 of em tegether for a ftx surge battery pack  lol

i only run 2 digi flavor siren 2 tanks at 15 watt and a serpent mini on and of at 30 watt 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I was doing it all wrong in the end.

So cut a long story short. About 8 years ago I  got a Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm tank and a WISMEC RX200 mod. I did really well getting off the smokes until I lost my job and got back on the smokes.

Forward to a few months ago and I got back to the ol vape. I was using Vampire Vape Heisenberg which I used before. Its a 50/50 VG/PG. This appears to of been my problem. I kept trying different flavours and each time they just didn't taste nice at all! Like slightly burnt chemicals. But persisted and ended up liking Black Jack. Then I couldn't find it in the shops anymore.

Then came the issue of coils. As the tank was old and coils were getting hard to find I needed to look into a new tank and possibly a new mod. This is where I stumbled across the fact that with a Sub Ohm tank you need to be using a high VG liquid!!!

So had a look around and went and got an Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 kit (Mod would be £44.99, tank £28.99 - Kit was £48.99...obvious sale on the kit) which came with a free Doozy Blue Razz Berry....and OMFG...its a different world!!! This is amazing!!! So much better and I have FLAVOUR without the headaches too!

So I got another one for my brother to try and modded them both 😄

BEFORE:
ACA6525A-B8AD-4D0A-BA4E-D5C8B2563A81.thumb.jpg.9ed35c62a4010461fccab9c5aacfe979.jpg

AFTER:
71016992748__1CF25B86-44CD-4EB3-93DA-9CDBC40B2C13.thumb.jpg.21fc659c69705bf44b532265986b67f7.jpg
71016990778__2CA7A9D7-3716-4632-8C41-B7942C53AAF0.thumb.jpg.0f6a76f47fbd21dd5047b316408c1c8e.jpg
71017065822__3C026EBC-BB9C-4F79-8036-F7958583650D.thumb.jpg.f4753c1b0aad8e9d9e7e83f92a6a3f99.jpg

• Like 1