• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

Just getting ready to mix up a batch of 250ml Rosey apple vape juice 

gives me 8x 30ml bottles and a 10ml tester, this is now my most vaped flavour , its got a very slight custardy twang but a nice smooth apple kick , just like those little green and yellow boild apple sweets (apple n custard i think they were). nice thing is its not an in your face custard taste either 

• Like 1

Juice is all cooked up heres the recipie if you folks wanna try it.

Makes 200ml
40ml alchemests cupboard rosey apple (50ml for £13) or for 25% flavour go with 50ml rosey apple

20ml PG (100ml for £2)

120ml VG ( boots value health £1.50p 200ml)
2x 10ml 18mg nic shots  alchemists cupboard ( £4)

30/70 pg-vg ratio @ 20% flavour and a 0.18mg nic strength

you may want to roll with a 25% flavour its got a better after taste than with a 20% , i adjusted my 200ml to a 25% flavour ( a full 50ml )

makes 50ml

10ml alchemists cupboard rosey apple (left over from above) 12.5ml will give you a 25% flavour and a better punching taste 

5ml PG

5ml nic shot 18mg
30ml VG
30/70 pg-vg ratio @ 20% flavour and a 0.18mg nic strength

Thats going to make up 6X 30ml bottle at a strength of 0.18mg ....... in a shop 30ml bottle of juice can cost upto £17 so if you add up the numbers  for £20.50p your making up near on over £102 quids worth of eliquid if you went and purchased from a store. 

STEEPING the above juice, i recommend you steep for a couple of weeks, giving bottle a vent and shake each morning and if possible evening, just remove lid blow over bottle top , repalce lid and shake then leave to stand in a dark cool cupboard out of the way from little fingers ( tuck it in garage etc etc out of the way)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I grabbed a gallon of vg off eBay for &10-£15 and stocked up on 72% nic before the tpd came in.

£3 odd per 100ml. I'd be looking at importing some higher strength nic to pull the costs down :) 

On 16/6/2017 at 16:58, Ross9999992 said:

I grabbed a gallon of vg off eBay for &10-£15 and stocked up on 72% nic before the tpd came in.

£3 odd per 100ml. I'd be looking at importing some higher strength nic to pull the costs down :) 

just adjusted my 200ml mix to a 25% flavour, its been steeping since friday, took a 10ml sample today thrown it into the little goblin RTA  running at 0.4 ohm and its bloomin lovely a very very nice vape i must say , i did try the 20% but to me it lacked that flavour punch i was after, the full 50ml concetrate added has boosted the vape'ability by 100%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Used up all my 26g kanthal so just grabbed some 28g and wrapped up a couple of 3mm twisted 28g 0.6 ohm coils for the crius tank, and slapped in a couple of 1.1ohm @2mm in the mini goblin and they came out bang on 0.55ohm.

so heres the coil sizes and wrap numbers for the aboves.

1.1 ohm 28g single strand 7x wraps round a 2mm bit

for the twisted you need to twist two strings of 28g into one strand.

twisted 28g @ 0.6 ohm  5 wraps round a 3mm bit 

Being a much thinner wire you will find the ramp up time on a single strand build super quick as there is less resistance and the wire can heat up a lot faster, with the twisted method the ramp up is still going to be a bit quicker but not so fast as a single strand coil, twisted strands tend to give more flavour and wick up as they hold juice in the micro twists adding more surface area to the coil itself. 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

• 2 years later...

Are we all thinking ecigs are safer still? 

9 deaths associated with vaping in USA now. 500+ with lung disease they saying is caused by vaping. Two of the deaths say they had underlying issues anyway 50+year olds but 17-60s affected. But the most recent study is saying vape kills lung cells they are doing a more studies. 

It makes me think of my dads words. "Screw that stuff lad what is vapour ERR liquid yes and whats pneumonia IDK liquid on the lungs" I'm half tempted to go back to skinny rollies and some patches to quit entirely now lol. 

Skinny rollies gotta be safer than big fat ones right. 

Theres a USA dude on YouTube 109yrs old. Hes drank whiskey and smoked cigars all his life and still holds his driving licence. That's amazing hes as with it as hes ever been. 109. 

We know smoking will get you in the end. But sounds like ecigs could get you much faster. I know I feel short on breath now I'm gonna get tested lol. 

Edited by RCbutcher

• 8 months later...

Hi I'm looking to buy a new ecig it's been awhile and I've never really followed them. Right now I have a very old totally wicket intu vape with an aspire triton 2 tank I think it is. The best tank I've ever used by miles 1.8ohm clackton coils or something it was a beast I liked it so much I even brought another tank after the shops had stopped selling them but now I cant find coils for it in 1.8omh. 

I only use one flavour of one brand juice just standard cheap totally wicked red label I think it is. Sherbet lemon flavour 18%. 

But latly my ecig doesnt feel very efficient feels clogged or the battery part isnt powering it like it used to plus I'm trying to savor the last couple of coils I do have lol so that isnt helping. 

I have tried afew new tanks and thrown them all away and carried on using the worn out triton I think it replaced the nautilus mayb. I can just never get the same feeling out of other tanks. 

I'm going to buy a rebuilable coil for it and give that a go but not confident. 

So I'm looking to buy a new starter kit since I dont think I need more than that but want a good one from ebay a good source on ebay around £50 if possible. Theres a couple I like but I keep buying tanks and not using them so dont want to do that again. 

The coils are always tiny little things and compared to the beasts I'm using I just cant get with them they feel like shisha pens the throw away things in comparison. 

Can anyone recommend one? 

That isn't sub ohm. 

Charges on usb. 

Has very good coils as good as the clackton whatever ther called. 

This one keeps coming up. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153923424389

This isnt usb which ide rather not keep charging batteries unless it's really worthy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153900118927

Or just go with whatever totally wicked has to replace the intu which has been great tbh best I've had yet. I don't play around with settings or anything just set it to powerful without burning and leave it. I think its been 22-18months I've used that. 

ive been using a couple of these for the last 18 months and for me there very good. I have one with a tobaco flavour and one with bubblegum just for a change.

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits/aspire/reax-mini

Coils last me a couple of months and are cheap enough to rplace, Easy to fill and zero leaks.

The iJoy shogun isn't MTL. 

I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to vaping (including Mechmods and high end rebuildables). First and foremost, how do you vape? Do you drag like on a cigarette (drag into the mouth, then inhale) or directly to lung (drip tip on mouth, fire and inhale through the tank)? At 18% nicotine, i'm assuming the former, like a cigarette. The one you linked (Butcher) isn't a MTL device (MTL = mouth to lung). The one that Rover linked is more in that direction. 

In regards to non-rebuildable tanks, there's the classic Aspire Nautilus 2 tank.

https://www.vapour.co.uk/aspire-zelos-50w-v2-kit

The Nautilus 2 is pretty old by now, but it still works well. More importantly, it uses the "nautilus coils", which are amongst the best "premade-coils" still, even used by some tanks from other companies. 

Then you have the Berserker starter kit by VV. 

https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/berserker-mtl-starter-kit-by-vandy-vape.html

Now, i've never used the ready-coiled Berserker, but i had the rebuildable Berserker (the RTA), and it was great. The Berserker in general has a good reputation between MTL vapers. 

There's plenty of choice, really. Google "MTL starter kit" and have a look at reviews yourself. Look for a decent mod, in terms of the tanks itself.. I'm a bit biased, after i started vaping 5 years ago with a Nautilus 2 i went straight into rebuildables, in terms of flavour etc it's not even close. That said: it's also considerably less convenient.

• 2 months later...

That's nice that you start a topic like this, because I see there are a lot of vapers on our forum, almost 35 pages full of vapers with their own kits. It's a pitty I can't post a photo because my internet is very bad but I have a Centaurus limited edition with red skin on it, a lot of pods and a full bag of oils. Moreover I have mods that I didn't even unpacked them, so I need a lot of time to try all of them, this makes me feel happy. I also want to know, where do you buy your stuff usually? I am buying it on https://www.vaporsolo.com, pretty nice shop.

Edited by Piersfraser

6 years ago i quit a 30+ a day habit of roll ups, and took to vaping, now the thought of lighting up is just vile, cant say i have any bad health from vaping and think i quit the cigs in the nick of time as i developed a murmur on the Aortic heart valve, i put this down to the cigs as i have had a few tests and the murmur is stable, getting no worse i use Aspire K2 and K3 BVC tanks on a Cigelei mod and my juice is a blueberry/menthol 6mg

• 1 month later...

My current setup:

20200929_200226.jpg

Eleaf 200 Watt Mod, Smok TF V12 Prince Tank

Been going strong for 2 years now :)

Edited by James RC

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,

I saw some time ago a vaping related deaths were discussed in this topic,
I'd like to add that investigation proved that NONE of them were related to the legal e-juice vaping, all of them
were due to vaping THC oils (which is prohibited).  If you're vaping regular juices/salts, you're at least 95% safer than any smoker.

Btw guys, where do you shop for your vape gear and e-juices now?
I used to shop mostly at my local vape shop but now I'm doing shopping mostly on-line.  (1 pounders for e-juice, Vawoo marketplace for gear and some other websites)
How about you, any good suggestions?

• Like 2

Thanks for that post mate 👍. Much better for people to know the facts rather than just blindly listen to all the false information that's often spread around.

I usually use UKecigstore for any online purchases but occasionally I go to my local store, which is called 'Every Cloud'.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, James RC said:

Thanks for that post mate 👍. Much better for people to know the facts rather than just blindly listen to all the false information that's often spread around.

I usually use UKecigstore for any online purchases but occasionally I go to my local store, which is called 'Every Cloud'.

Yeah, it's a shame that mass media made so much noise about the vaping-related deaths that almost the whole world heard it and almost none of them made same noise about
the investigation results. Now, in US for example, Biden is saying that he is going to ban all vaping (leaving cigs alone btw) because "there is not enough evidence vaping is safe"
Such a bullsh@t and most likely most of it was paid by the cig-s manufacturers and lobbyists.
---

Anybody using NZO pods here? it's kind of the UK equivalent of Juul.
Super easy to use and convenient for older smokers, it's just a battery and prefilled pod, no hassle with coils, e-juices, nothing.
If you have long time smokers in your family, I strongly recommend you trying these to make them switch from smoking to vaping.

• 2 years later...

Theres these on Amazon you can get the mod only or mod and tank youl also require batteries and best with a seperate charger

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=geekvape+aegis&crid=38FLIJ4XGNPCS&sprefix=gee%2Caps%2C86&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_3

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Theres these on Amazon you can get the mod only or mod and tank youl also require batteries and best with a seperate charger

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=geekvape+aegis&crid=38FLIJ4XGNPCS&sprefix=gee%2Caps%2C86&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_3

cheers mate, trying to find one that looks like a cig.

7 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

cheers mate, trying to find one that looks like a cig.

dont worry about having one that looks like a cig, just get a pretty decent device and get on it, avoid any juice that is said to be a tobacco flavour, vile, i use a mix of menthol and blueberry, i started on 18mg nicotine and now down to about 3mg , i would even say 12mg is a good starting point

• Like 2

Agreed the tobacco flavours are rubbish  

The flavours i use are Blackcurrant, Raspberry ripple and Sweet Strawberry and like Wolfy i started on 18mg and now on 3 mg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Agreed the tobacco flavours are rubbish  

The flavours i use are Blackcurrant, Raspberry ripple and Sweet Strawberry and like Wolfy i started on 18mg and now on 3 mg 

Of topic but glad i changed the username, its quite fun to be shortened to Wolfy lol

• Haha 2