• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

JE Models closing!

M1tchy

A real shame, to echo what others have said they tend to have things in stock that other places don't stock or only get to order. I've bought loads from them, will be gutted to see them go :(

Thats how I understand it. It wasn't losing money or anything like that, but he has money invested in it he needs for something else. In theory someone could have bought the entire thing as a going concern though finding a suitable person isn't easy.

Real shame there isn't somebody who is prepared to buy the business, it's bad enough when companies go through the hoop because they aren't making money, but to see a decent, money making business shut in this way is a real shame, just seems such a waste when others are struggling :(

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed JE, and Apex have good choice - delivery is terrible from Apex 'though so let's hope this'll change them.

I hardly ever get something said to be 'in stock' within one week - that's really the earliest!

Al.

• Like 1

Not good.

Almost feels like JE got to big too me.

I remember when they started and just did fixings and bits and pieces before they started doing cars.

Every order I made from them as time went on got worse,poorer communication and slower dispatch.

Don't like Apex that much either,I ordered the RPM bulkheads from them as they were in stock but it took them 2 days to even dispatch the order even though it was in stock at the time.

What's with all the apex model bashing try fetching your parts in future if it takes a few days who cares. Some of you are starting to sound like spoilt little kids "I want my part now or I'll scream and scream and scream till I'm sick" anyone remember when modelsport was just a postal order service I remember posting my order off and waiting a minimum of 28 days to get it

Rant over.

• Like 3

What's with all the apex model bashing try fetching your parts in future if it takes a few days who cares. Some of you are starting to sound like spoilt little kids "I want my part now or I'll scream and scream and scream till I'm sick" anyone remember when modelsport was just a postal order service I remember posting my order off and waiting a minimum of 28 days to get it

Rant over.

I have no problem in waiting but why state on the website that you will receive your order in 1-2 days when you won't?

• Like 2