• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So, what next gen console will you be buying?

m3lyc

As title says, what will you be getting. As for me, after much deliberation I'm getting the PS4 as it seems to have more games that appeal to me - games with storylines and such. The Uncharted series will obviously continue onto PS4, there's a good PS3 exclusive coming out soon called Beyond Two Souls and if that has a sequel it will be on the PS4 and if The Last Of Us (which I am still to purchase) has a sequel, then again it will be on the PS4 as it's a PS3 exclusive game. That and I've had Sony consoles since the Playstation was released and see no reason to change now. I have had an XBOX 360 and a Wii and simply prefer the PS3, so I'm sure I'll love the PS4. Not only that but it's

This gen is not only about the games but the peripherals that go with it. The forceful nature that you have to run the XBO with Kinect is a mark against it, the fact the tried to stop game sharing is another mark but the way I look at it, Sony may introduce that later on or something similar in the future. To forget about that would be silly since if you rear half of the terms and conditions of most agreements, it is usually stipulated somewhere.

Same to say that Microsoft do not listen to their customers, they do when it impacts sales on a massive scale such as their game sharing/reselling but as a whole, like Sony the feedback in general is mostly on deaf ears.

In light of all of the pro's and con's of both consoles, I am tied of paying silly money to Microsoft for use of their online facility which has really gone downhill these days and will be moving back to Sony and the Playstation regime. 

I total agree with teshi, I've got a xbox 360 and a ps3, I only ever used to play the xbox but since see-ing the new "features" of the new xbox, I'll definetly be switching back to sony with the ps4. I've started playing the ps3 again and selling my xbox, I only bought a ps3 as some-one at my gf's work was selling a new one cheap and we didn't have a blue-ray player.

Ps4 for me had all playstations since launch day in the 90's I once tried an Xbox, didnt like it at all & quickly sold it on.

Not sure if I'll get one on release though, nothing is making me want one that badly yet.

Unless borderlands 3 is out on release.....

I'm not going to bother, if I do it will be when the price drops (significantly) or the slim version is released.

The Xbox looks like some 80's video recorder, it's ridiculously sized.

Never was in favour of the PS, simply because I didn't feel the playability/controller was smooth enough for me, plus PS fanbois' made it unbearable, however will be weighing up my options as things go.

Edited by Exos

I will sit on the fence and see how thing pan out...but there is no doubt that the XBO is not all that popular even though no one knows...

I have mainly been a PlayStationer...but bought a 360 because of friends..I have a lot of fun on both consoles...with friends and strangers. :)

Not so sure I will be buying both of the main consoles this time around though...but who knows yet?!

Maybe because we prefer the simplicity and functionality of a games console? Not only that but to keep up with the demands of the latest graphic intense games, PCs have to be constantly upgraded and that's expensive, and having a media centre (because that's what a games console is these days) hooked up to the TV is nice too. Having netflix, lovefilm, iplayer, Youtube and a blu ray player as well as been able to play the latest games all in one neat package is really great. Not only that but you can't get the Uncharted series, The Last of Us or Beyond Two Souls for a PC. There are games that are exclusive to the Playstation series that really appeal to me.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

PCs have to be constantly upgraded and that's expensive,

False.

Even so, a console would last a few years before it couldn't handle the games anymore, a PC can be upgraded whereas a console is locked down. The only option then is to buy a newer console at

This bit I can agree with

Not only that but you can't get the Uncharted series, The Last of Us or Beyond Two Souls for a PC

This bit is what they call a croc'o s***

Not only that but to keep up with the demands of the latest graphic intense games, PCs have to be constantly upgraded and that's expensive

Ten years ago when Graphics card technology couldn't keep up with the software side, That would have been a valid and true statement, Today it is just an old wives tale told to children by the miss informed.

Stick This or This  in any computer bought in the last few years, And due to the dumbing down of graphics to placate the consoles, It will run pretty much any game at full HD resolution, And will run any game at console graphics settings that's for sure, Connect to the telly by HDMI, Use Steam Big Picture and Windows Media Center or XBMC, And it will do more than a console ever will, Put 3 or 4 TV cards in it and you have the ultimate PVR, Same as the XBoxOne can do, Or can it, Who knows, But it sounded good at the launch, But maybe they'll change there mind about that as well.  

My first dedicated graphics card was many many years ago, A Matrix Millennium, Followed by a Matrix Mystique, 3DFX card,  Geforce MX440,  Geforce 8800gt, An AMD HD5850, And I just added another 5850 for 60 quid and a bit of crossfire.

That's 7 cards in just over 20 years, Yes I'v updated the computer, But like most people, You do that anyway, And i have been running the 5850 for the last 4 years.

You talk about expensive, I doubt my friend is the only one that has gone through and bought 3-4 PS3's over the years due to breakdowns, Add the silly money they charge for games, And I bet the saving is not half as big as the console boys make out, Sony and Microsoft sell consoles the same way Lexmark and HP sell printers, Make a loss on the hardware, And suck'erm dry  later.

Always makes me laugh when they show the great graphics there next gen console will be pumping out, Everyone there oohing and arring, When all the time there is a PC under the desk pumping out them graphics without breaking a sweat, And because of consoles, The graphics are no where near as advanced as they could and should be by now.

• Like 1

I spent so long writing that, Cab beat me to it. :thumbsup:  

I still agree with you wholeheartedly, although i do wonder sometimes why i don't. I use my console simply because it's easy, I can relax (in comfort) in my conservatory with my 40" LED (specifically for setup for my Wii and 360 consoles) and just be next door to my missus so I don't get grief about sitting upstairs (having played WoW for 7 years and literally lived like a hermit in my office. I did have my 360 in my office, but it became a PITA with all the wires (I used to have to use a creative sound setup which switched between PC/Console, but now it's just basic Harman Kardon speakers. It was essentialy hard to come by and at one point leading edge; DDTS-100 Decoder), plus it was only on a 24" monitor and now I'm on a 27" Dell.

I too have a fairly substantial gaming rig, although it is in need of an update as I'm still running an i5 2500k and 560TI, however that said it will still play most games adequently.

Edited by Exos
  • Like 1