• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Biggus' King Hauler Rod

Sorry for lack of posts lately I have had no computer nor access to internet.. thankfully that's all sorted.   Shell is off to Hydrowrap for "paint", the chassis has been painted black and a small rear tray for the back.   I have got some aluminium stock to have a small fuel tank made.

• 4 weeks later...

@ Oh how original, heres sorry taken a while but the photos here will show you the really basic chassis.

I have now got the bed sorted along with a fuel tank my mate has done on his lathe.  The rear lights are the original marker lights from roof.

img280_14092013212430_1.jpg
img280_14092013212430_2.jpg
img280_14092013212430_3.jpg

That's it for now until the shell comes back from paint... this isn't a Rat rod anymore just a Rod :)

• Like 1

Thanks Al,

Paint is finished, the wrap hasn't worked really well but it adds to the effect want to get a logo made up for the side but not sure what.. thinking of the name for it being "deadbeat" in line with all the skulls.

img280_17092013232420_1.jpg
img280_17092013232420_2.jpg
img280_17092013232420_3.jpg
img280_17092013232420_4.jpg

The colour is a green, gold, copper flip.  Doesn't show well in the photos.

Still loads to do on this, along with the Race truck, and my trailer.  Then maybe I can get back to the Toybota LOL

Edited by biggusditchus

That kind of look deserves to be bonkers fast! Do you ever fit powerful systems, or just stick with brushed motors?

I wouldn't to any of my trucks but especially not this, it has no rear suspension and minimal front end.. it will just bounce if any quicker than it is now.

• 1 month later...

Taken a while but I guess I needed some special wheels to suit the truck then saw these on Joes(JTS customs) ebay site and had to get them. At the Leyland show Gareth was selling a set of low profile RC4wd tyres and grabbed them cheap (

• Like 1