• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Protective cover - well worth the pennies

alturner

Been out today with the Hyper, and thought I'd do a review of the protective cover. The grass was pretty wet and muddy:

IMAG0281_zpsf3106c10.jpg

However the cover did a cracking job of protecting the leccy bits, and the buggy is nice and clean inside:

IMAG0282_zps68c2b41e.jpg

IMAG0283_zpsfad84c1e.jpg

For the bargain price of about

Yeah, noticed the wires after about 20 mins, nearly crapped myself. Heatshrink going on tonight.

Re the velcro, its just the sticky back I found a bit rubbish. I'll glue it on later.

that's what I did

i got 1 for the savage. cant get it to fit tho so, pretty useless really :yucky:

I got one for my savage flux but they don't fit the best no,I just stuck the Velcro on the bottom of the battery boxes,it still dosent fit that we'll tho and leaves gaps

ive been looking everywhere for summit similar for my FG MB Pro radio tray, to no avail! :(

ive been thinking of getting a 1/8 buggy one that will prob fit over it but dont know :( ?

or...could always ask my mrs nicely to make me one as ive bought her a brand new sewing machine for her xmas prezzy, already asked her to make me some shock sox :D lol

Might be reasonable for a 'light use' electric.

Anything heavy duty, and certainly IC, I'd have my doubts - these need as much cooling as possible.

Daz, I think you'd be better looking for some form of deflectors - my FG MT gets LOADED with mud when I have 'a little bash' outside the house and it takes me 3-6 days to clean it!

Al.

You guys tried Vladimir? He'll sort ya good.

Is Vladimir the guy that was selling them on here awile back? Do you know if he still sells them? If he does, are they the same as the ones from ebay?

I really want one for my Hyper ST too

Might be reasonable for a 'light use' electric.

Anything heavy duty, and certainly IC, I'd have my doubts - these need as much cooling as possible.

Daz, I think you'd be better looking for some form of deflectors - my FG MT gets LOADED with mud when I have 'a little bash' outside the house and it takes me 3-6 days to clean it!

Al.

As i mentioned, cut a hole for the motor to cool :)

Is Vladimir the guy that was selling them on here awile back? Do you know if he still sells them? If he does, are they the same as the ones from ebay?

I really want one for my Hyper ST too

Yup, PM him and he'll let you know.

As i mentioned, cut a hole for the motor to cool :)

There's also the minor thing called the 'tuned pipes' of these things - cover half of the vehicle.

I remain open-minded but await photos of installations before I'll consider one.

My FG MT gets roasting inside the shell, despite all of the open air. Closing these lower areas up may not be a good idea.

Al.

Urgh.. What, you mean use my own initiative?...

Urgh...

:P

I think I seem to remember seeing a thread from Vladimir. I think it's his mum or auntie that makes them? and yes they're the ones on the bay.

I'll see how close the hyper 7 one gets to fitting my st and get back to you if you could just use that one

Edited by alturner