• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Worst r/c u ever bought?

monkhouse

kyoshyo landmax and along with that dreadful engine. i hated that.

The engine in the Landmax is great! If well looked after they are right screamers!

My Landmax is tough, handles amazingly well and puts a huge grin on my face every time I use it! Had mine 3 years and the only thing I've replaced is the engine because I ran the original one until it had no compression

Losi XXXS

HPI Pro 4

Schumacher Mi3

Associated TC4

Associated TC5

TOP Photon

TTech Predator DTM (see what Si says there, its true!)

Yokomo CGM

Yokomo SD

Tamiya M01

Tamiya CC01

Turnigy 1/4 Kart

Chadori Buggy

GV Rex-X

All for various reasons. Sounds like a lot, but I've had a LOT of cars, this is less than 10% I think.

probably a toss up between a hpi brama b and a kyosho nitro dbx, brama was just cheap and the dbx is always having problems and parts breaking even while driving in a straight line on tarmac lol

its a close run thing between the traxxas slash and the merv.

slash was to light took off it you drove it in a light breeze and the esc sucks balls

merv broke when you looked at it funny. didnt go round corners and was totaly stumped by this thing called grass....

My first ever nitro was a CEN Fun Factor ATX and what a waste of money that thing was. It worked flawlessly up and down tarmac, in a straight line but put any type of strain on the drive train & it'd shred the spur gear instantly. I must have gone through around 5 spur gears in as many weeks before deciding to get rid.

Hotbodies lightning gtx2.cost a fortune at the time, Looked amazing but that was it. The "hardened" diffs failed literally on every outing I ended up with a spare to take out with me. As for the engines, wouldn't hold a tune atall, complete pigs to start,would barely run together. I remember finally getting them running together, within half a tank the rear diff failed and the now front wheel drive truck spat a dogbone out somewhere in a field. I never found it. Those half tanks were its greatest and last moment under my ownership.

WoW!! Some people have had some reeeeeal bad experiences!! Good to see I'm not the only one lol!

Oh I forgot to mention my blade msrx- the less said about that thing the better! Bought as an indoor flier, pah! I've seen guys on YouTube struggle with it in a massive gym let alone a small living room- massive rip off piece of crap! Cheers blade! Nice one... No really, ur ace thanks!

Kyosho Sandmaster RTR mk2! Yes I was young and fairly clueless but this thing had me on the verge of tears every time I got it out to have some 'fun'. The pullstart would snap and the spring would fly out every time I tried to start it, I bought over 15 pullstarts at

Tamiya Astute, Tamiya should be ashamed of themselves, So many things wrong with that thing I can't be bothered to list at this time of the morning.

Following very very close behind we have the FG Marder, One of the most over hyped, Over priced, weakest piles of tate I had the miss pleasure of paying good money for, If I had one now and it broke I would go the other way and replace them with parts from a Shengqi.

That's easy; Traxxas Mini E-Revo...

Biggest pile of junk I have laid cash into. It was my first Traxxas and I expected a lot from it based on the Traxxas reviews. But it was full of issues; leaky shocks, sloppy carriers, easily damaged diffs, self destructing drive shafts, poor screws, cheap plastics and questionable electrics.

Every run required maintenance of some description and something would break. I spent a fortune on upgrades to improve it so it was usable for 10 minutes before another rebuild.

Junk junk junk!

Lots of hate on the Mini-Revo. I was going to get my GF one so she had something to play with while I played with my Hyper 7.Don't think I will now but maybe something small and Losi.

For me its a toss up between a Lauterbacher super X or the MCD V4

Both great cars when working but both the most unreliable cars ive ever owned.

No matter how much time and money i put into the V4 i just could'nt get it race reliable.

Takes all the fun out of it if you cant get to the end of a 30 min final

When we have a thread like this I'm not sure HSP's or Shengqi's etc should count. They are bad because they are cheap knockoff's - anyone with any knowledge (so admittedly not a first timer) would have a good idea what to expect.

Its full priced models from supposedly reputable manufacturers that should never have got past product testing that really belong here......

My biggest money-pit has to be my 3906 E-Maxx. In stock form it was ok, top speed was only mid twenties, but it turned corners and jumped fairly well, then I went brushless and it all fell apart. I spent over a year pouring money into it! The end result? 95% of the original has gone in favour of hop-ups! Literally all that's left is the front shock tower and both bumpers! Couldn't part with it now, but that said, I don't actually own a 3906 anymore, only 5% of it left!