• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Thanks for the link. Did you notice a big difference in gearing?

Dave

Faster acceleration slower top speed ofc... Cooler motor and longer runtime as I'm heavy with the throttle. 

I took some footage over the park nothing fancy just running around on the grass http://youtu.be/HZtXk6y71hg

Edited by Hopton Basher

Nice little video. Your Carnage is pretty quick. Now according to MS, the vantage has a 23t pinion, and I've just double checked this with mine.

So I'm thinking of buying an 18t, or would you recommend lower? I mainly use it on short grass n gravel.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Thinking of getting a carnage (electric type) for my 8 yr old after a recommendation form SI Coe on here. Looking at the videos on youtube they seem quick. Is there anything I could do to slow it down abit while he gets better at controlling it?

Thanks Gav

You can turn transmitter down and gradually turn it up, but watch he does'nt crank it up to full when your not looking. Having said that with the stock servo it does'nt handle great on brushless power.

You could buy brushed as HB said then when your lad gets bored with it convert to brushless with lipos, this will split the cost and is what I did.

Unlike some others I like my carnage, it does have it's failings but fun to upgrade and easy to work on.

• Like 1

I'm sure theres a sensitivity dial on the standard radio, so you can limit the throttle. (Next to the steering trim).

HTH

Dave

Edit: As above, I wasn't quick enough haha :)

Edited by david-6
  • Like 2

Has anyone got an alternative rear spoiler fitted to their FTX Vantage? The standard one is terrible!

Thanks

Dave

The hobbyking version of this car has a much better one

I have both a brushless Carnage and a Vantage Pro. What do people use in their diffs? Grease or Oil?

As factory standard, the grease (for the tiny amount they put in is rubbish so I replaced with general grease from Halfords. Do the FTX diffs support the use of oil (assuming they are sealed). If so, what are people using?

Thanks to insanejim69 on page 151, i bought a Team Losi 22 rear wing. I currently have the rear shocks on the highest mount, so it didn't require any trimming - only 2 holes for the mount.

The wing seems to be of much better quality plastic. And a lot more sturdy.

Should i leave it clear or paint it white? Stickers will be applied to either. (I have some white spare from my last bodyshell).

SAM_1124.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Edited by david-6
  • Like 2

Looks good clear to me, add a few Decals maybe though. :)

Still using mines weekly and still no breakages at all, Losi 22 rear wing still intact albeit a few small splits but no pieces missing at all, even the spur gear is holding up well with the lightweight soft Tamiya Aluminium 18T pinion. I am dying to get my hands on a Lower Carbon chassis plate for the FTX vantage at a decent price (sorry but

• Like 1

Hi, I have a local engineering company that will machine me some front shock towers out of ally how ever I have to buy 5, would anyone be interested in buying any as ftx haven't released any yet? If so message me! :)